Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages (12301 Views)

Army Kills 25 Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescues 18 Persons (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Military Rescues 22 Children, 7 Nursing Mothers From Boko Haram (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Trailblazer1(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2015
Nigerian troops have rescued 25 more women and children from Boko Haram’s northeastern stronghold in the Sambisa Forest, killing a number of insurgents and destroying Islamist camps, the military said Wednesday.

“Seven additional terrorists camps were yesterday destroyed as more terrorists also died in the ongoing onslaught to flush them out of Sambisa forest,” the defence headquarters said in a statement.

“An additional 25 women and children were rescued in the process,” it said.

According to the military, more than 700 women and children have been saved from Islamist captivity during a weeks long assault on the notorious forest in Borno state

At least 275 have been taken for rehabilitation to hospitals and camps in Yola, the capital of Adamawa state, which neighbours Borno.
The military said soldiers in the latest operation had to evade landmines laid by the Islamist rebels before storming the camps.

“Various weapons including Rocket Propelled Grenades, anti-aircraft guns and a number of vehicles were either captured or destroyed during the operation. Four soldiers were wounded and have evacuated for treatment,” it said.

The military said troops would continue “to search the forests for terrorists, arms and hostages.”

As the military has announced a series of hostage rescues over the last two weeks, the world has anxiously awaited news of the 219 schoolgirls seized by Boko Haram from the town of Chibok in April of 2014.

So far, none of the rescued girls have been identified as Chibok natives, but the military said nothing could be ruled out until each hostage is screened and their identity is established.

Many of the rescued hostages have demonstrated signs of severe mental and physical trauma and some said they suffered sexual abuse by Boko Haram gunmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/military-rescues-another-25-boko-haram-hostages/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Trailblazer1(m): 7:59pm On May 06, 2015
The ones we seek, we find not;
But the ones we find, we seek not.
What a mystery in Nigeria!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by topearos(m): 8:01pm On May 06, 2015
Kudos to NA
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Beesluv: 8:25pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmmmm, rescue all rescueables, sack all sackables and employ all employables within one month. All na CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 06, 2015
The military's recent successes is quite relieving. My only problem is why was this offensive delayed till now. If this measure was taken years ago, BH would have been a fairytale told to stubborn children by now

7 Likes

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Beehshorp(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2015
How come military starts rescuing hostages and bokoharam threat reduces since APC won.
I keep on saying that I smell foul play bokoharan has been a political weapon since day one and it's no longer new to me

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Beesluv: 8:32pm On May 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:
The ones we seek, we find not; But the ones we find, we seek not. What a mystery in Nigeria!
we seek all those captured

10 Likes

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by datbay(m): 8:33pm On May 06, 2015
kudos to the Nigerian Army.

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by dipopooo(m): 8:33pm On May 06, 2015
I never knew boko haram kidnapped girls apart frm chibok girls. Something is wrong somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 06, 2015
dem no dey finish

buhari ur boys strong ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by ShootingStar88(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2015
Good one from the Nigerian Army. more grace to their elbow.

in other news...

You have gifted hands, you know you can think, or maybe you have friends that when provided with the right tools and suitable environment can come up with an invention that will change the course of life... Then this might be an opportunity to show the world what stuff you're made of...... Like our page Make In Nigeria on Facebook or follow us on twitter @MakeInNigeria, who knows? This might be the opportunity you've been waiting for to become Nigeria's First inventor.... #MakeInNigeria

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by kekeerin: 8:34pm On May 06, 2015
goodluck, gud choice

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by opriui: 8:34pm On May 06, 2015
end of boko
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2015
good job

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by intergral(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2015
And they told us that only 200 girls were kidnapped
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by ZUBY77(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2015
Why all the rescue this dying minutes?

What we used to hear during and before election was that Military killed Boko Haram.. Now hundreds of girls are being rescued on weekly basis...

I know something is fishy somewhere... Just don't know what it is...

Bunch of evil leaders... I will be opportune to make things right someday..

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Motolank: 8:35pm On May 06, 2015
I believe soldiers now have access to correct gun now....

their fear is fearing the fear called General? cool

I suspect Jona is an evil perpetrator, because Nigeria Arm are the ones releasing them even before Gmb grasp power ... HOW COME?

I wish someone can narrate how Buhari ran government when he ruled then. .. Google isn't doing enough for me, it's like even boko haram is removing felders....

some people claimed he is behind them(boko haram) but NNPC release amazing reports in fear too....

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by MrScript(m): 8:36pm On May 06, 2015
Na d whole North East BH kidnap??
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by ochallo: 8:36pm On May 06, 2015
It is really interesting that all of a sudden boko haram seems extremely powerless and weak when they have been raging and raging for years.

From the account of the rescued girl, she clearly stated that the militants told them that their bosses have abandoned them and were not sending arms and money anymore making it difficult to feed all the women and children they had captured and wanted the women to follow them to escape before the nigerian troops bombard them and they refused.

Why is this happening now?

When america wanted to even help in the fight, they had to return because the FG provided no weapons or means to train the soldiers. Imagine.

It is now very clear that funding and arms have stopped going to boko haram because power is expected to change hands and now the boko haram boys are now the victim because their sponsors have no use for them anymore. I pray this boys come for their sponsors in the new agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by mirabel001(f): 8:36pm On May 06, 2015
It's well
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by galapazygalarba: 8:37pm On May 06, 2015
tell those guys up there 2 stopf za sacazim

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Matttthew(m): 8:38pm On May 06, 2015
Hallelujah!!!
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by UnknownT: 8:38pm On May 06, 2015
All this emphasis on Chibok girls sef. Are the women and girls rescued not human? Any small rescue, na Chibok girls we go hear. May the rescue mission continue yielding more fruits
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by free2ryhme: 8:38pm On May 06, 2015
angry

I'm so disappointed with Vangurd still calling these Terriorist "Islamist" by this time, i think this newspaper should know what these people represent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Rendition(m): 8:39pm On May 06, 2015
Boko haram is all fraud.....engineered by top strong nigerian men known to the Govt in power

1 Like

Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by Trailblazer1(m): 8:39pm On May 06, 2015
After the release of 300 hostages who were never declared missing and yet no news about the much publicised missing chibok girls, I'm beginning to doubt that any girl was missing in chibok undecided
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by oluwafemi113(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2015
Good news
Re: Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages by richidinho(m): 8:41pm On May 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:
The ones we seek, we find not;
But the ones we find, we seek not.
What a mystery in Nigeria!

D ones we can't find.......u can help us
D ones we find..u can visit dem to hear 4rm dem

If someone can trek for Buhari
Can't u trek for the real heroes, Nigeria Army

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Fights Back, But Threat Of $9 Bln Penalty Looms-Reuters / General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno / Malami’s Media Trial Of Igboho And Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.