Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. (91111 Views)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings / Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Nigerian Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by lte987: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2021
Please can anyone help me with the meaning of the name:

AKPOHWOFADAYEN

Urhobo girls name

thanks
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by lte987: 3:52am On Nov 12, 2021

AKPOHWOFADAYEN

Urhobo girls name

thanks
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by lte987: 3:54am On Nov 12, 2021
Evestar200:
Wisdom of God

AKPOHWOFADAYEN

Urhobo girls name

thanks
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by lte987: 6:38am On Sep 25, 2022
Hi Evestar200

AKPOHWOFADAYEN = Are you saying it literally means Wisdom of God? I know Oghene = GOD and that that is not part of the name so I am confused?

Because I've seen this reply made by you in an earlier posting Not sure if the way this blog comments is just repeating an old message reply of yours or if you are actually replying to me?

Anyway - again...please can anyone shed some light on the name and urhobo meaning of AKPOHWOFADAYEN?

I know AKPO refers to life / world...but cannot find any reference/link/meaning or explanation to the rest of the name...

i seem to find info of the name in parts like AKPO = life/world then OHWO = roughly/loosely means kind of 'provides' but nothing for FADAYEN at all!!

I was told once that the significance of the name means something like 'the world is jealous of you'? but that is not it literal translation

can anyone help
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by Evestar200(f): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
lte987:
Hi Evestar200

AKPOHWOFADAYEN = Are you saying it literally means Wisdom of God? I know Oghene = GOD and that that is not part of the name so I am confused?

Because I've seen this reply made by you in an earlier posting Not sure if the way this blog comments is just repeating an old message reply of yours or if you are actually replying to me?

Anyway - again...please can anyone shed some light on the name and urhobo meaning of AKPOHWOFADAYEN?

I know AKPO refers to life / world...but cannot find any reference/link/meaning or explanation to the rest of the name...

i seem to find info of the name in parts like AKPO = life/world then OHWO = roughly/loosely means kind of 'provides' but nothing for FADAYEN at all!!

I was told once that the significance of the name means something like 'the world is jealous of you'? but that is not it literal translation

can anyone help

is means " Another Person life them take dey waka"
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by EunyMoony28: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Isn't Yvette a french name?
CHM11:

Sounds russian, or could be short form
Re: Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. by JoshOyiki: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
Can anyone help me with the name Oyovwe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.