Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search (39372 Views)

Got The Phone Number Of The Person With My Lost Phone / How To Recover Your Stolen Or Lost Phone In 24 Hours Without Spending A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Tanyogo(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2015
dedollarman:
Plz help I lost my techno phantom Z yesterday but I check the pack no serial or imei number also no serial or imei number on the receipt given to me plZ how can I locate the phone
chai, u don enter half chance be that.

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by optimismlaz(m): 3:48pm On May 07, 2015
What if the th*ft removed sim and moved to a far place.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 07, 2015
Not working, can someone explain how to use this feature.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by saintbeckie(f): 3:57pm On May 07, 2015
Bants:
End of days very soon they will inject google into humans and they will just locate u anyhow
grin

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by bigtt76(f): 4:27pm On May 07, 2015
Only effective if thief connects the device to Internet access undecided or is unaware of the application's presence for him or her to factory reset device angry wished this would work without data access shaa
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by bigtt76(f): 4:27pm On May 07, 2015
As far as the device is connected to data it will be found grin ...you de plan ni tongue

optimismlaz:
What if the th*ft removed sim and moved to a far place.

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 07, 2015
Bants:
End of days very soon they will inject google into humans and they will just locate u anyhow

I pity people who really believe we are in the end times
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by dondestiny(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2015
clemz88:
pls can I get the avast anti theft for blackberry n will it be on bb world
Dude,just get blackberry protect.it wud get d work done
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by deavicky(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2015
Ochiske:
Losing your phone is a nightmare.And things get worse when you know there is hardly any way to track it down. Well but if you are an Android user, then you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Google recently introduced a new feature which can track down any Android phone or tablet by simply using ‘Google Search’. Here’s how it works!

Step 1: Make sure you are using/share the same Google account on your PC and Android phone or tablet. (Even if you aren’t, it will prompt you once pyou type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google search bar.)

Step2: Now type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google Search bar. As soon as you hit enter, Google will start locating your phone on Google Maps. Give it a few seconds and your phone’s preciselocation will be right in front of you. It even shows how far it is from where you are sitting.

But what if your phone is under a pillow or stuck in a bed side. Well, for that, there’s an option called ‘Ring’ which will make your phone ring at maximum volume for over 5 minutes.

I tried the feature myself and it worked brilliantly.

http://m.mensxp.com/technology/web-and-social/25750-google-search-can-help-you-find-your-lost-android-phone-and-its-amazingly-efficient.html

will this still work when ur phone has been format?
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by benzion72(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2015
Blackberry has the same feature you can even wipe your information and lock down the phone remotely
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by OboloMAN: 8:01pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by ThundrCork(m): 8:20pm On May 07, 2015
useful
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 07, 2015
Ochiske:
Losing your phone is a nightmare.And things get worse when you know there is hardly any way to track it down. Well but if you are an Android user, then you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Google recently introduced a new feature which can track down any Android phone or tablet by simply using ‘Google Search’. Here’s how it works!

Step 1: Make sure you are using/share the same Google account on your PC and Android phone or tablet. (Even if you aren’t, it will prompt you once you type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google search bar.)

Step2: Now type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google Search bar. As soon as you hit enter, Google will start locating your phone on Google Maps. Give it a few seconds and your phone’s preciselocation will be right in front of you. It even shows how far it is from where you are sitting.

But what if your phone is under a pillow or stuck in a bed side. Well, for that, there’s an option called ‘Ring’ which will make your phone ring at maximum volume for over 5 minutes.

http://m.mensxp.com/technology/web-and-social/25750-google-search-can-help-you-find-your-lost-android-phone-and-its-amazingly-efficient.html

what if the phone is stolen to a place it rings that you can't find it.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 07, 2015
Bants:
such a pessimist. angry
Bants:
such a pessimist.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Anuoluwap(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2015
paranorman:

can't find my phone on windows phone? What does that mean dude? What are you talking about?
meaning don't downgrade Microsoft and its mobile devices.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by umaryusuf(m): 9:40pm On May 07, 2015
Perfect example of Geographic Information System at work....
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by ricsman(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2015
Hey.. Friends cheesy I Just Free Recharge of Rs. 2000 <3 in Just few Mins smiley .... Just SignUp Here http:///dGR00n <3
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bruno3000(m): 9:46pm On May 07, 2015
Cymbal:
Na Oyinbo wey do Pencil go do Erazer!
... Mosquito na malaria
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by PTAwal: 10:02pm On May 07, 2015
good one
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by nonsoafm(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2015
Nice development, but i think it only works when the lost or stolen phone is logged on with that same Google account.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by FunomBenjamin(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2015
Hey.. Friends cheesy I Just Free Recharge of Rs. 2000 <3 in Just few Mins smiley .... Just SignUp Here http:///dGR00n <3
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 1:33am On May 08, 2015
You can also lock your phone if it's stolen using Internet security app.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 5:18am On May 08, 2015
Ochiske:

Step 1: Make sure you are using/share the same Google account on your PC and Android phone or tablet. (Even if you aren’t, it will prompt you once you type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google search bar.)

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by paranorman(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2015
Anuoluwap:
meaning don't downgrade Microsoft and its mobile devices.
downgrade windows phone? Nah. Are you on planet earth self? Can W-phone boast of the same market share google's andriod or IOS have?
Microsoft came in late, even nokia's andriod projet with WP-interface was nothing to write home about.

Dude, been a windows fan-boy since 00AD.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Cymbal: 7:24am On May 08, 2015
Bruno3000:
... Mosquito na malaria
EFON
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bants(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2015
adasek2010:
such a pessimist. angry such a pessimist.

and you optimist right....why would they have to plant a chip in ur body to get access into buildings what happened to work passes...dont be naive
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 8:29am On May 08, 2015
Bants:

and you optimist right....why would they have to plant a chip in ur body to get access into buildings what happened to work passes...dont be naive
don't you want to develop technologically? Always see the positive side of things.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bants(m): 8:33am On May 08, 2015
adasek2010:
don't you want to develop technologically? Always see the positive side of things.

The gift and the curse....did you hear about the hacking by the US interfering in other countries affairs and Russia in cyber war with the US technology has more negative than positive your phone is no longer private
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2015
Chimobi, lost his phone last 2weeks. I will in form him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) / Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / Why Is Everyone Selling Their Samsung Galaxy S5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.