Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,450 members, 7,836,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) (866 Views)

Omoluabis Dominate UK Elections, Football And Boxing. / Nigeria has finished me!! / Meet Mhairi Black,20yrs, She Defeated An Incumbent In The Uk Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Nobody: 10:39am On May 07, 2015
News Lab at Google measured interest by analysing search data from people across the globe and found that the UK is in third place behind Nigeria (a Commonwealth member and former British colony) and the tiny Micronesian islands in the western Pacific Ocean.

The Central African Republic, British Virgin Islands, Togo, Gibraltar, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Barthelemy and Vanautu round out the top 10 countries interested in the election over the course of the campaign from March to May.

Despite Barack Obama playing table tennis with Prime Minister David Cameron and the long-standing "special relationship" between the UK and U.S., according to this data Americans aren't all that interested in the election. The U.S. is in 90th place.

The UK started voting in the election on Thursday morning. Polls will close at 10 p.m. BST (5 p.m. ET).

http://mashable.com/2015/05/07/uk-election-google-searches/#:eyJzIjoidCIsImkiOiJfc3BjNWpzcWh3Z3hqOWNoMSJ9

https://srogers.cartodb.com/viz/06acefec-f431-11e4-a1f6-0e4fddd5de28/embed_map

Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by coolcharm(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2015
UK is having election when and who is contesting
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by loomer: 10:46am On May 07, 2015
Na today I think
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Young03(m): 10:47am On May 07, 2015
Hmmm dat one concern dem
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Nobody: 10:48am On May 07, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
UK is having election when and who is contesting

Its Today. Spoke with a friend, says he's voting later this evening. Thats how elections should be... walk in walk out and having a feeling your votes truly count.
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2015
u21day:

Its Today. Spoke with a friend, says he's voting later this evening. Thats how elections should be... walk in walk out and having a feeling your votes truly count.

This news is dead on nairaland so how are nigerians more intrested in it than england itself
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by olapluto(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2015
To mind our own business no dey hungry us.
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Nobody: 10:55am On May 07, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

This news is dead on nairaland so how are nigerians more intrested in it than england itself

did you check the second link... Google analytics dont lie.... The fact that its dead on nairaland doesnt neccesarilly mean folks arent searching the web for information about it...
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2015
u21day:

did you check the second link... Google analytics dont lie.... The fact that its dead on nairaland doesnt neccesarilly mean folks arent searching the web for information about it...
Nairaland and linda blog is the most visted site in nigeria.l have never seen a topic on this elections and this thread too is dry.I have to say this story is a fallacy
Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2015
I was here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has More Interest In UK Elections Than UK Itself. (pic) by Nobody: 11:19am On May 07, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Nairaland and linda blog is the most visted site in nigeria.l have never seen a topic on this elections and this thread too is dry.I have to say this story is a fallacy

so you doubt the credibility of mashable.com. mashable is a bigger site than nairaland and linda's blog combined. I think you didnt assimilate the article well enough. It never said anything about the interest based on two of the most visited site in nigeria, it mentioned which countries were taking much interest by their searches.

I hope that clarifies the Original Post. smiley

(1) (Reply)

2019: Jonathan Pledges To Rebuild PDP / How Ekiti Is Made Ungovernable Whenever APC Loses. / Debt Profiles Of States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.