Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program (10013 Views)

Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Dyt(f): 7:02pm On May 07, 2015
lipsrsealed

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 07, 2015
firstEVA:
what is FFO?

Lemme ask.fm
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 07, 2015
A party is only as good as how its been planned so as the MC you need to have done your homework very well, which includes several meetings with the celebrant and meeting close family members up front and you make sure you get their names right and you can pronounce them, likes, dislikes etc

You also need information such as How many food stations and servers there will be etc so you know when to start asking people to get up for food otherwise some people will be on the queue all night.

You need to know the layout of the hall and logistics such as how big the dance floor/wide the aisles are if the celebrant wants to dance in . . .safety is important

This is a gereral program that suits a birthday party. You can move things around to suit.

1. Opening Prayer
2. Praise Worship and short message from her pastor.
3. Welcome guests to the high table (crack a few jokes that everyone understands)
4. Few speeches by close friends & family about her. If its a big party and with only few food serving points, then start getting people to go and get their food table by table while the speeches are being made
5. After everyone has eaten towards the end of their meal, then cut the cake and raise a toast
6. Celebrant dance
7. I am not sure how you can manage party games with a crowd of 250 people, but if you can and can get everyones attention, then musical chairs, pass the parcel and musical statues are a laugh when adults play it
8. slot photos in anywhere you think works for this particular event
9. General dance

Just something to get you started
if I think of more I will add them on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 07, 2015
tearoses:
A party is only as good as how its been planned so as the MC you need to have done your homework very well, which includes several meetings with the celebrant and meeting close family members up front and you make sure you get their names right and you can pronounce them, likes, dislikes etc

You also need information such as How many food stations and servers there will be etc so you know when to start asking people to get up for food otherwise some people will be on the queue all night.

You need to know the layout of the hall and logistics such as how big the dance floor/wide the aisles are if the celebrant wants to dance in . . .safety is important

This is a gereral program that suits a birthday party. You can move things around to suit.

1. Opening Prayer
2. Praise Worship and short message from her pastor.
3. Welcome guests to the high table (crack a few jokes that everyone understands)
4. Few speeches by close friends & family about her. If its a big party and with only few food serving points, then start getting people to go and get their food table by table while the speeches are being made
5. After everyone has eaten towards the end of their meal, then cut the cake and raise a toast
6. Celebrant dance
7. I am not sure how you can manage party games with a crowd of 250 people, but if you can and can get everyones attention, then musical chairs, pass the parcel and musical statues are a laugh when adults play it
8. slot photos in anywhere you think works for this particular event
9. General dance

Just something to get you started
if I think of more I will add them on

Fabulous!!
Thanks a lot
Will comment more
I am at the store trying to find a suitable outfit grin
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by ffo(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2015
firstEVA:
what is FFO?
that is my monicker.
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by RoyalRoy(m): 8:52pm On May 07, 2015
firstEVA:
what is FFO?

ffo:

that is my monicker.

For Food Only.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by An0nimus: 11:40am On May 08, 2015
Will there be a projector? if yes and the celebrant is ok with it then you can do a slideshow of her life in pictures.

tearose' suggestions are spot on;
prayer,
praise and worship
a short sermon,
speeches by a few folks,
a dance by celebrant alone/with spouse,
general dance,
refreshment
a toast,
cake cutting,
a poem/song? (maybe by a grandchild, her spouse, close friend),
games,

the duration of the event should guide in fixing time slots to each program on your program sheet, As the MC you'll have to really work with time to avoid ovetrshooting.

for the speeches, it'll be nice to tell the parties involved before hand, should they want to prepare a speech.

for that games, be like na google things grin

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 11, 2015
For Food Only

firstEVA:
what is FFO?

shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Slept With My Brother''s Wife / 2-yr Old Offering Food To Her Handicapped Mom / Beware Of SLIM LITE COFFEE Lose Kilos Lekki Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.