Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife (10412 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Not In Love With My Wife Anymore! / Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 5:32am On Feb 05, 2016
I want to have a very small party for my wife birthday in March. She don try no be small.

I don't want the normal rice and protein stuff. Please help me with any idea you have. Our compound can park 4 cars so you have an idea of the space.

Don't forget some children will be around too.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 5:33am On Feb 05, 2016
Budget is 200k
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by MoonChildng: 5:45am On Feb 05, 2016
If you say not the normal rice and plantain are you considering a Cocktail ? Or Chinese Menu ?
ForFun:
Budget is 200k
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by agarawu23(m): 5:45am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:
Budget is 200k
you should be in event section.

WWW.nairaland.com/bridalassistant can help u with shawarma and cocktail or things like that sha bridalassistant can help with that.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Miami11: 5:47am On Feb 05, 2016
What does your wife like, is she into a big party with a lot of speakers, or just a small party,

What foodstuff does she like?
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by agarawu23(m): 5:47am On Feb 05, 2016
agarawu23:

WWW.nairaland.com/bridalassistant can help u with shawarma and cocktail or things like that sha bridalassistant can help with that.
https://www.nairaland.com/2492450/shawarma-just-n350
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 6:03am On Feb 05, 2016
Hi Forfun, is she aware of the party or is it a surprise?

Since its a small party, major things to consider - small chops/finger food, drinks, canopy, chairs and music.

Canopy - a 10 ft by 20ft will do just fine. Shouldn't cost more than 5k to rent.

Chairs - 5 dozen at 500 naira =2500

Tables - 4 @ 500naira = 2000
Music - a dj, depending on your area- 10-25k

Food - since you want something different, you can have the regular naija small chops menu, also get some to grill chicken or fish barbecue with chips, asun or Gizdodo, hotdogs and waffles are not regular, for the kids, donuts, icecream will keep them happy. This you can get for 120-150k

Drinks - Get Chapman or smoothies, rather than the regular soft drinks and alcohol

P's. I hope I get invited!

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:03am On Feb 05, 2016
agarawu23:

Sorry didn't know there is an event section
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:05am On Feb 05, 2016
Miami11:
What does your wife like, is she into a big party with a lot of speakers, or just a small party,

What foodstuff does she like?

She loves small organised programs not a fan of big owanbe like me.

She likes anything that is garnished with lots of veges
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:07am On Feb 05, 2016
sassygal:

I want it to be a surprise hope I can pull it off. Cos my mouth no dey close
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:14am On Feb 05, 2016
sassygal:

Since its a small party, major things to consider - small chops/finger food, drinks, canopy, chairs and music.

Canopy - a 10 ft by 20ft will do just fine. Shouldn't cost more than 5k to rent.

Chairs - 5 dozen at 500 naira =2500

Tables - 4 @ 500naira = 2000
Music - a dj, depending on your area- 10-25k

Food - since you want something different, you can have the regular naija small chops menu, also get some to grill chicken or fish barbecue with chips, asun or Gizdodo, hotdogs and waffles are not regular, for the kids, donuts, icecream will keep them happy. This you can get for 120-150k

Drinks - Get Chapman or smoothies, rather than the regular soft drinks and alcohol

P's. I hope I get invited!

The fish barbecue is a fantastic idea. Abeg what is gizdodo? Chapman or smoothie is not bad too but will 200k cover it?

We have ice cream maker so we can make for the kids...what else for kids?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by boboLIL(m): 6:15am On Feb 05, 2016
I dunno for you oh... Buh jellof rice de grace any occasion.,, sharwama, suya package, fruit salad package, chicken only package...etc

Cake,,, her favourite wine,,, decorate the place with her favourite colour...

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:16am On Feb 05, 2016
Sassygal if u in Abuja YES
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:19am On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 6:25am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:

#sigh I'm in Lagos lipsrsealed
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by agarawu23(m): 6:26am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:
ForFun post=42632226:

That's for Lagosians

Sorry didn't know there is an event section
okay sir
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:32am On Feb 05, 2016
So far

Fish barbecue √
DJ/ home theatre system √
Ice creams for kids √
Wines√
Chicken Suya?
Small chops ?
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 6:34am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:

The fish barbecue is a fantastic idea. Abeg what is gizdodo? Chapman or smoothie is not bad too but will 200k cover it?

We have ice cream maker so we can make for the kids...what else for kids?

How do I begin to describe Gizdodo? spicy dodo and gizzard. It's better you try it, don't know which Abuja outlet sells, maybe Grills in and Out in Wuse? It's always a hit at my parties.

The kids are easy to please, they could have waffles, popcorn, donuts and hotdog. A cup of Chapman is 350 naira or less, depending on your vendor. 100 cups is 35k, you are still covered. It all depends on the number of people you invite.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by wroskian(m): 6:35am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:
I can hook you up wf a competent event planner in Abuja if you don't mind, just PM me.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:43am On Feb 05, 2016
sassygal:

How do I begin to describe Gizdodo? spicy dodo and gizzard. It's better you try it, don't know which Abuja outlet sells, maybe Grills in and Out in Wuse? It's always a hit at my parties.

The kids are easy to please, they could have waffles, popcorn, donuts and hotdog. A cup of Chapman is 350 naira or less, depending on your vendor. 100 cups is 35k, you are still covered. It all depends on the number of people you invite.

Ok. I will look out for gizdodo today. Can I just do smll chops for the kids?
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 6:44am On Feb 05, 2016
wroskian:

I can hook you up wf a competent event planner in Abuja if you don't mind, just PM me.

No vex, he doesn't need a planner, he just needs a vendor or 2. His budget or guest number doesn't need it.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:45am On Feb 05, 2016
wroskian:

Thanks dear. Except it's a big event of 200 or more Its actually fun for me. I love planning a lot

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 6:48am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:

Ok. I will look out for gizdodo today. Can I just do smll chops for the kids?

Sorry, it'll will be a waste for kids, they'll just have the puffpuff and mosa and throw away the rest. You can buy donuts at any fast food and just serve With the icecream, popcorn comes prepacked now, so easy

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2016
So far

Fish barbecue √ 50k local vendor
DJ/ home theatre system √ free. Me or a friend
Ice creams for kids √ free. friend
Wines√ 10k. Shoprite
Chicken Suya?
Small chops
Gizdodo√ 10k?. Local Vendor?
Canopy and chairs √ 10k. Local vendor
Chapman 60cups √ 24k . No vendor yet

Total so far 104k
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:54am On Feb 05, 2016
sassygal:

Sorry, it'll will be a waste for kids, they'll just have the puffpuff and mosa and throw away the rest. You can buy donuts at any fast food and just serve With the icecream, popcorn comes prepacked now, so easy

I concur

Make I baff. Back in the evening
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:59am On Feb 05, 2016
Do I need birthday cake undecided

She will be 36
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:
Do I need birthday cake undecided

She will be 36

Are you kidding?

What's a birthday without a cake?

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by wroskian(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:

Thanks dear. Except it's a big event of 200 or more Its actually fun for me. I love planning a lot
OKAY.

sassygal:

No vex, he doesn't need a planner, he just needs a vendor or 2. His budget or guest number doesn't need it.
Alright.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by BridalAssistant(f): 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by BridalAssistant(f): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
ForFun:
I want to have a very small party for my wife birthday in March. She don try no be small.

I don't want the normal rice and protein stuff. Please help me with any idea you have. Our compound can park 4 cars so you have an idea of the space.

Don't forget some children will be around too.

Thanks in advance

Hey there. It's so thoughtful of you to want to celebrate your wife in this manner.

Please send me an email at aprilconcierge.ng@gmail. com and we'll figure out how to help bring your plans to reality.

Regards.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
@yomibabe contacted me, i want to get my cake from her/him

Please help with simple yet nice cake concepts

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Is yomibabe based in Abuja? I love the simplicity of the 2nd cake, the blush and brown color one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag / Wife's Mid-life Crises? / Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.