Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal (21536 Views)

My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / West Ham Presents Jersey To Igwe Of Nnewi In Anambra / Nigerians Urge Dangote To Support Local League Before Arsenal Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
Ddonoflife:
dont want to say u sound lame even if its d truth buh u really sound lame

I don't join issue with dullards . Vamoose .
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by sexaddict08(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Empero1:
Broke people always think that they have valid and sound opinion all the time .

one word for u...'mumu'...
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Athanatos:

Grow up,Vorp.

My 2 kobo.
Shut up,what do you know about me.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by bayele01(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
I concur
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by KingTom(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:
Flaties always looking for ready served meal..
You are very stupíd!
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Harmthe:
I supported but dangote is a die hard gunners fan lyk me.
i swear iya sikira english get hope pass this ur english.lol.justkidding
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ugojames(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Op God bless you. Hope he listens
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
KingTom:
You are very stupíd!
as in ehn
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by MKO4ever(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
What a topic

..........URGED DANGOTE TO INVEST IN LOCAL FOOTBALL
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
Ugojames:
Op God bless you. Hope he listens
correct guy
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
He is an Arsenal fan not just an investor
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by tinuolababy(f): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
Lol but that's true
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
KingTom:
You are very stupíd!
Tell that to your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by XRAY21(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
searay:
Buhari has started. Why is he going to buy clubs for. Is that change.
#babaonechance
haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah are you for real? U need help

#FOREVERGREEN
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:44pm On May 07, 2015
Empero1:

I don't join issue with dullards . Vamoose .
i guess u dont really know d meaning of dullard cos if you do u will not have posted wat u wrote earlier.ok
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 07, 2015
shedrack222:
[img]http://proudlyweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/proudlyweb.com_8_amaka-and-ruby-igwe1.png1_-640x431@2x1-300x225.png[/img]

Daughter of the late veteran Nollywood producer, director, writer, teacher and mentor, Amaka Igwe, Ruby Igwe has written an open to Aliko Dangote, disclosing to him, her opinion on the indicated interest to purchase Arsenal football club.

If we recall, the billionaire lost the bid to land a stake in Arsenal Football club in 2010. He, however, revealed recently that he is still interested in buying the club.

Here is an excerpt of the open letter from DailyPost below:

[b] Dear Mr. Dangote.

Of course you should buy the Gunners. It’s a sound investment to invest in football, I think financially. And of course in terms of reputation, having a stake in a club is epic. And of course you have the cash. That’s indisputable. However, I have two propositions for you.

Please buy Manchester United instead. Just because.

If you don’t want to, that’s fine. But if you have change, after the Gunners, invest in the football in Nigeria. I can a$$ure you that it’s not only in the UEFA Champions League, or the English Premier League, or La Liga, or Bundesliga, that you will find good soccer. What these leagues have in common is solid financial backing, and solid infrastructure. They have created an internationally celebrated, culturally appreciated, economically viable system.

As such, I find solace in my red Man Utd shirt. I watch David de Gea‘s saves in awe, and I want very much to go to Old Trafford. I feast on the history and the statistics that I find about George Best and Alex Ferguson and David Beckham, and I can’t count how many times Manchester United has broken my heart.

I digress.

If you invest in the football in Nigeria, maybe people will feel the way they feel about Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United; about Enyimba. Maybe my mates will make good money playing for Nigeria’s local and national teams. Maybe watching football and sports live in Lagos and Lafia will become a favourite past time. Maybe we will know more Nigerian players by name and not because of what non-national club they play for.

Maybe there won’t be that much traffic every time in Lagos because the stadium will be packed full. Maybe the clothing and manufacturing industries will be revived by making jerseys and other memorabilia. Maybe students can find modes of expression and survival in sports in general, instead of trying to conform to what they are not.

So Sir. Please do Nigeria a favour and invest in the infrastructure of our football. Invest in change.

Don’t just donate, in case it becomes pocket-oriented. Don’t make a local investment. Go hard. Go national. Consult people, including football fanatics, and lay out a battle plan. Invest in our football and follow your investment until you see the sizeable returns that can and will actualize. Invest in generations to come.

Nigeria will thank you.

[/b]

Cc::: lalasticlala

Well United is not for sale..
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by KingTom(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:

Tell that to your ancestors.
I assume you are a Yoruba guy? You are not representing our tribe well at all! Stop acting childish. This thread does not need your senseless tribalism!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 07, 2015
sexaddict08:

Same to your father . And if you reply me again , it means your mother is grand patron of harlots worldwide .
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2015
sexaddict08:

e lol
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by topemirates(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2015
Lobbish!!!
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by KingTom(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2015
Ddonoflife:
as in ehn
The guy is just a fool
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by courage89(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2015
I think you guys are missing the poster's point. This is not about Man-U or Arsenal, this is about developing our local soccer team. I think our argument should revolve around this critical awareness.

3 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=Ezenwammadu post=33516707][/quote] you are clearly the dumbass going by your pic.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by chamboy(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2015
The arsenal P is btw him n atiku
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
Empero1:

Same to your father . And if you reply me again , it means your mother is grand patron of harlots worldwide .
y not settle d issue between urself.u didnt av to include d parent
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
KingTom:
I assume you are a Yoruba guy? You are not representing our tribe well at all! Stop acting childish. This thread does not need your senseless tribalism!
Shut up am not Yoloba
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by sexaddict08(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
Empero1:

u still prove me right by replying like a mumu
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:

you are clearly the dumbass going by your pic.

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by ElekeNtioba: 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:

too much amala and ewedu fụcks up the brain. Lay off dat stuff, son.

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by deloon(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2015
searay:
Buhari has started. Why is he going to buy clubs for. Is that change.
#babaonechance
Your eye clear?
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by mmsen: 6:48pm On May 07, 2015
Silly request.

If he is going to invest then he should invest in Nigerian football, first.

Let Nigerian football grow in the same way that the private sector has flourished as a result of Nigerian investment.

Abramovich invested in Chelsea because he needed someone to stash his illicit funds, Dangote is not a fugitive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PSG Coach Christophe Galtier Arrested By French Police Over Racism Allegations / Get Ur Uk Pool Week 17 Five Correct Draws For Sure.. / Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.