Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,740 members, 7,840,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death (415 Views)

Burial Parade: Nigerian Police Bury Colleague (Video) / Soldiers Put Drip On Colleague Injured In Battle With Boko Haram (pic) / Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death, Beat Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death by Natogee1(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2015
The death of a 200-Level student of the Department of Human Kinetic Education, Faculty of Education University of Ibadan, Mayowa Alaran, threw the institution into pandemonium for several hours yesterday.
The university community was shut down by students, who took to the streets, protesting Alaran’s death. Academic activities were paralysed. After barricading the main entrance of the campus, the irate students blocked the Ojoo-Sango Road in front of the main gate.
The blockade hindered vehicular movements and led to a logjam in Orogun, Ojoo, Agbowo and Bodija areas of Ibadan. They also wrote several abusive inscriptions on the road against the institution’s management, alleging that the negligence of medical personnel at the institution’s clinic caused the deceased his life.
The Oyo State correspondent of the New Telegraph Newspapers, Mr. Sola Adeyemo, who was at the university to cover the.......
source http://christianmessenger.tk/site_worldnews.xhtml
Re: Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death by Redoil: 5:07am On May 08, 2015
Junk report
Re: Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death by Cpumping(m): 5:22am On May 08, 2015
Mke I hear say I click dat link
Re: Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death by Nobody: 6:09am On May 08, 2015
Hmm
Re: Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death by chumasmog(m): 6:52am On May 08, 2015
I won't blame those protesting...
Most govt working are non challant in carrying out there duties...
Who knows that life could have been saved if given emergency attention..

(1) (Reply)

I And My Ministers Shall Be Tormented - Jonathan / GTB To Refund Customer’s N5.3bn For Local Government Consultancy Fee. / 20-yr-old Pregnant Maid Dies 4 Days After Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.