Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search (34413 Views)

Mechanic Crushed To Death By Truck In Onitsha While Working On A Car -. Photos / Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Family Of 4 Crushed To Death On Christmas Eve By Truck; Their Chickens Survived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by dre11(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:
It was an accident... Don't blame the police, if they had found bombs in his boot we would have applauded them...

An American police would stop a black american citizen, shoot him,then place a gun beside him saying it was in self defence.

The Nigerian police is ur friend, no matter what you think, without them our society would be a worse place to live in....you will never know till they save ur asss.

I prefer the nigerian police...atleast sometimes with just N20 I can pass.

Am sure you didn't read the whole piece before commenting

Look at some quote from the whole story

Our correspondent gathered that the policemen, reportedly attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Ikeja, had allegedly refused to allow Dimoji to park properly by the roadside, insisting that he came down to open his booth for the search.

He said, “When Dimoji got to the checkpoint, the policemen asked him to park and open his booth, but they did not allow him to park properly. He told them to allow him to park when one of them brought out a gun and threatened to shoot if Dimoji disobeyed.

The policemen did not allow him to park properly.... If he has done that, this accident and incident would have being avoided

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by nairaman66(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2015
This news would have been swept under the carpet if the diseased wasn't a well to do person!

Which way Nigeria??
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by islandmoon: 12:17pm On May 08, 2015
nkem123:

how can make such a statement, if d deceased were to be ur relative would u have made this statement?
what is d stop and search for, why d illegal road block? even at That, must they order him out right at d middle of d highway to carry out their preposterous act in d name of security search?I suspect u are a police man, cos holding brief for this gross illegality is baffling

not nice that he indulge in it but its trueeeeeeee.
you dont need to go far, just drive around the town for 10mins.

you will see them hunting jobless you with blackerry phones, every youth to them are yahoo yahoo, if you are not with your id and the stop you, just give them 50bucks. it is bad but its 200% true
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2015
dre11:

Am sure you didn't read the whole piece before commenting

Look at some quote from the whole story

The policemen did not allow him to park properly.... If he has done that, this accident and incident would have being avoided

Ur life is ur responsibility... If he had insisted on parking well,they would have allowed him. Now those police might even get away with it and go on to live a happy life. Ur life is ur priority and ur responsibility
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by dre11(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2015
chuka5000:

What pains me most is that they'll want to die the case since the culprits are their colleagues.

You get the feeling man..... They always cover for themselves in such evil deeds
That's why the repercussions in real life comes quickly on them, check most of them....... They aren't well to do

Its the law of karma taking place

1 Like

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Kassidy90(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2015
RIP man....illegal checkpoint is nw the order of the day I just wish those policemen face Justice..
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2015
abbey621:

Are you mentally challenged or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Stop and search is illegal in some parts of the country! Furthermore if you are going to do a stop and search then do it properly, allow the vehicle to pull over in a safe location and then conduct your search. In regards to your analogy using American cops, that's just plain dumb. Do you even know what racism means?

If the police ask you to jump in front of a moving train will you? No.

If he had insisted on parking properly they would have let him.

Ur life is ur responsibility...it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, u just have to stay alive...we can blame the police for all we like. Yet, Those policemen may just get away with this but the man is dead.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by eluquenson(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2015
It's quite unfortunate and I commensurate with the deceased family, may his soul RIP.
The police officers must be punished according to the law.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by dre11(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

Ur life is ur responsibility... If he had insisted on parking well,they would have allowed him. Now those police might even get away with it and go on to live a happy life. Ur life is ur priority and ur responsibility

I have to quote back the post
He said, “When Dimoji got to the checkpoint, the policemen asked him to park and open his booth, but they did not allow him to park properly. He told them to allow him to park when one of them brought out a gun and threatened to shoot if Dimoji disobeyed.

Your life your responsibility in the face of gun.... And if he disobey them and shoot..... They will say accidental discharge or says he is a thief trying to escape being arrested......

Man I have being pointed gun by the police and I know its better to obey or you get shot..... When he has drank ogogoro or gin
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:
It was an accident... Don't blame the police, if they had found bombs in his boot we would have applauded them...

An American police would stop a black american citizen, shoot him,then place a gun beside him saying it was in self defence.

The Nigerian police is ur friend, no matter what you think, without them our society would be a worse place to live in....you will never know till they save ur asss.

If they allow him to park properly will their name change from police to ashawo and why threatening an innocent person with gun ? BTW why did they run when the accident happen ? Too many questions with only one answer, those policemen are law breakers. I have this feeling you are a policeman but I know you will not make this comment if your relation is the victim
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2015
nkem123:

how can u make such a statement, if d deceased were to be ur relative would u have made this statement?
what is d stop and search for, why d illegal road block? even at That, must they order him out right at d middle of d highway to carry out their preposterous act in d name of security search?I suspect u are a police man, cos holding brief for this gross illegality is baffling

I am not a policeman.

Ur life is ur responsibility...it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, u just have to stay alive...we can blame the police for all we like. Yet, Those policemen may just get away with this but the man is dead.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:27pm On May 08, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
If they allow him to park properly will their name change from police to ashawo and why threatening an innocent person with gun ? BTW why did they run when the accident happen ? Too many questions with only one answer, those policemen are law breakers. I have this feeling you are a policeman but I know you will not make this comment if your relation is the victim

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:29pm On May 08, 2015
dre11:

I have to quote back the post

Your life your responsibility in the face of gun.... And if he disobey them and shoot..... They will say accidental discharge or says he is a thief trying to escape being arrested......

Man I have being pointed gun by the police and I know its better to obey or you get shot..... When he has drank ogogoro or gin

They didn't stop him from watching if a lorry is coming,he wasn't blind folded.

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by abbey621(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

Did you even read the article at all? He was threatened with a gun, most people when facing a gun become very weak and will obey any command given to them. It is the job of the police to know better, if the police had adequate training this might have been prevented. Shame on you, blaming a civilian for the irresponsible actions of our law enforcement!

1 Like

Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by VIPICO(m): 12:37pm On May 08, 2015
I witnessed a scene close to this - perhaps not fatal - on PortHarcourt/Ikot Abasi expressway a few month ago.
I was driving foremost in the line-up as we went along the highway. Suddenly some policemen emerged from the roadside and flagged us down. I hardly barely applied my brake when I looked at my rear view mirror and saw the cars behind me bumping into each other at very high speed. I could even see some bonnets flying into the sky. Yours truly quickly rammed on my accelerator and sped off while still viewing what was happening behind me on the mirror. What was worse! the cursed men in black scrambled into their pick-up van and shamefully took off.

I really had my God to thank that day.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:37pm On May 08, 2015
abbey621:

Did you even read the article at all? He was threatened with a gun, most people when facing a gun become very weak and will obey any command given to them. It is the job of the police to know better, if the police had adequate training this might have been prevented. Shame on you, blaming a civilian for the irresponsible actions of our law enforcement!

Bro first of all I am not blaming the man for his own death, I am only saying this for those of us still alive...we must learn.

Staying alive is the number rule in life...if u die ur dead it doesn't matter whose right or wrong.

The police didn't stop him from watching out for oncoming vehicles...afterall the police men were able to escape. You can't just lose ur life and say " na police cause am" it doesn't work that way...you protect what u've got.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by madjune(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

Can you listen to yourself?
What sort of police wouldn't allow someone to park safely?
Is it normal to you to be searched in the middle of the road?
And you're saying N20.
Do you want to get shot? Try give any policeman N20 and see what happens to you.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Bowaley17(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2015
May God forsake Nigeria Police Force. The man attended someone's wake keeping. People will also attend his own in few days time. Life Is So Funny.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Edusouls(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2015
devils in blackuniform,modern vampires that suck up peoples blood in the daytime, they are already doomed in this life talkless of the next...
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by publicenemy(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2015
madjune:

Can you listen to yourself?
What sort of police wouldn't allow someone to park safely?
Is it normal to you to be searched in the middle of the road?
And you're saying N20.
Do you want to get shot? Try give any policeman N20 and see what happens to you.

If the police ask you to jump in front of a
moving train will you? No.

If he had insisted on parking properly they
would have let him.

Ur life is ur responsibility...it doesn't
matter who is right or wrong, u just have
to stay alive...we can blame the police for
all we like. Yet, Those policemen may just
get away with this but the man is dead. I am sure they didn't blindfold when coming out of the vehicle...he should have watched and I know they won't kill him for watching.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by abbey621(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

Bro first of all I am not blaming the man for his own death, I am only saying this for those of us still alive...we must learn.

Staying alive is the number rule in life...if u die ur dead it doesn't matter whose right or wrong.

The police didn't stop him from watching out for oncoming vehicles...afterall the police men were able to escape. You can't just lose ur life and say " na police cause am" it doesn't work that way...you protect what u've got.

I agree and at the same time slightly disagree, we can't get the full picture of what happened unless we were there. He might have not had enough time to escape, he might still be at a state of shock but no matter what the police should know better. It's a huge shame that we live in such a crazy country!
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by obinna222: 12:56pm On May 08, 2015
R.I.P Okey, you were a great friend.

I have known him personally for about 20 years now. And I must say that he is a very great guy.

My heart goes out to his family.

dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/businessman-crushed-to-death-during-police-stop-and-search/

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by wtfCode: 1:01pm On May 08, 2015
why are police naturally wicked?!
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by DaBullIT(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

This is just one side of the story, you would have been involved in the accident,if not why would you stop late at night by an accident scene? So I guess they were investigating.

Would you continue driving if you saw sparks flying about on the road ahead of you and someone was being dragged on a bike ? One side of the story indeed
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by dre11(m): 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
obinna222:
R.I.P Okey, you were a great friend.

I have known him personally for about 20 years now. And I must say that he is a very great guy.

My heart goes out to his family.

WoW......

Someone did knows the man...
Pls do send my condolence to his family
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by dre11(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

They didn't stop him from watching if a lorry is coming,he wasn't blind folded.

When you are faced with a loaded gun and a trigger happy policeman...... I know you won't say that

That's why all this road safety and VIOs normally allow you to park properly before they ask whatever you want
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Nickymezor(f): 1:45pm On May 08, 2015
This is very unfortunate undecided.wat did this man do to deserve dis kinda death ...wat a wicked world... Some policemen re a big disgrace to our country . They are jst proactive wen it involves extortion
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Horlufemi(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2015
Jesus, I always pass that route and I always see them there. I'm always angry at the way they stop cars and especially big cars. I never knew they'll eventually let someone's life waste there.

We don't have police we have Legal Armed robbers who catch other armed robbers.

They only know how to search people carrying laptop.
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by mobileexpert: 2:20pm On May 08, 2015
i want to ask ,is there a way out to stop this police brutality.they frustrate lives
Re: Businessman Crushed To Death During Police Stop -and-search by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
publicenemy:

I have never been becos am a good citizen. Unlike you.

Bro, get real! You're indirectly saying the dead man is NOT a good citizen, so he deserved to die!

So every Nigerian who has fallen foul of the NPF are all criminals. Awesome way of thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry / Toyota Responds After New RAV4 Performed Woefully In Avoidance Maneuver Test / Lady Buys A New Lexus Jeep For Herself (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.