Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

How To Become Emotionally Strong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Become Emotionally Strong (28175 Views)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable / (SOLVED) This Drained Me Emotionally.pls Solve. / 16 Signs You Are Emotionally Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Cryxtal(f): 10:16am On May 20, 2015
Someone just read my thoughts
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by shaboti: 10:18am On May 20, 2015
Good one
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by cescky(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2015
wow long list undecided

just remove ''impossible from your dictionary'' thats all

or just think you can!!
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by tablu: 10:18am On May 20, 2015
True
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by hopilo: 10:22am On May 20, 2015
OP you are absolutely right. I am a testimony.
Additionally, in relationship, what you don't know don't hurt you. why try to know.

1 Like

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On May 20, 2015
Very true.

Especially not seeking validation from people.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by UjSizzle(f): 10:24am On May 20, 2015
eleojo23:
Do leave a comment
Love your posts.

And I agree with not being envious of other people's success and not trying to please everyone.
We grow. We grow into ourselves and that involves shedding off some excess baggage. Problem lies in recognizing what our emotional baggage are to begin with and being pliant enough to let them go.

Baaically I think it takes a lot of personal growth to become comfortable with one's self. When we can achieve that level of self-acceptance so many things will fall in place, and we can say bye bye to emotional roller coasters.

2 Likes

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by absoluteSuccess: 10:24am On May 20, 2015
Op, It is true.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 10:25am On May 20, 2015
Nice article...
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by autonumenbella: 10:27am On May 20, 2015
Original LAUNCH X431 5C Tablet Powerful Diagnosis Function

The essentials of truck entire body restore are certainly a great deal similar as individuals of automobile human body restore. When carrying out a truck bed maintenance or simply a car transmission, despite the fact that they need unique OBDII device, as identified as car diagnostic tools, the basics of hammer and dolly, and dent pulling tend to be the exact same. But when fixing the human body panel, that's an additional kettle of fish.

Original LAUNCH X431 5C Tablet Diagnostic system is launch X431 V(PRO) diagnostic scanner update version. Wifi/Bluetooth LAUNCH X431 5C pro based on Android system. OBD2Tuning have Original LAUNCH X431 5C Tablet Diagnostic system Wifi/Bluetooth Android LAUNCH X431 5C pro for sale.

Powerful Diagnosis Function:
X431 5C-series product have so many advantages such as widely coverage at vehicle model, powerful test function, more special function, more accurate test data etc.
With special function such as BMW idle study, BMW Injection rate adjustment, BMW battery replacement, Nissan matching key.
In addition to supporting Benz, BMW, FORD, and other mainstream model, also support IRKIA, PERODUA, Proton, TATA, Maruti, Lancia and other domestic model from all over the world.
Full system Diagnose.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by bankai2015(f): 10:28am On May 20, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Amen! I am AN EMOTIONAL FORTRESS! cool I am a LIVING testimony of ALL OF THE ABOVE! Nothing/NO ONE is qualified to CRAMP MY STYLE or BREAK MY STRIDE! cool I don prove am for NL abi? The same thing offline! cool
Who born you? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLE_emfAd74
You no dey emotionally strong
But rather you dey feel emotionally pride. But remember, pride comes before fall

2 Likes

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by surdik(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2015
very insightful and educative... thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by godunia(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2015
wow,this is awesome,thanks for sharing this,millions have become slaves to their emotions.they have lived in pains constantly blaming others for their woes rather than take responsibility for their lives.if we can take each point in this post and see how we can apply it,we shall experience the final human freedom that comes from within.thank u OP.

1 Like

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:40am On May 20, 2015
Two steps forward, one step backwards..... but surely I will overcome the damn weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Raxxye(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2015
So much to learn and apply in my life. Thanks, OP!
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by SilentCrescendo: 10:48am On May 20, 2015
Nah son this ain't for me.
Whenever I feel emotionally sad I just think of big batty Sheniqua. kiss
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:52am On May 20, 2015
godunia:
wow,this is awesome,thanks for sharing this,millions have become slaves to their emotions.they have lived in pains constantly blaming others for their woes rather than take responsibility for their lives.if we can take each point in this post and see how we can apply it,we shall experience the final human freedom that comes from within.thank u OP.
WORDS ON MARBLE!
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 10:54am On May 20, 2015
Summary Is
eleojo23:
Experiencing emotions is a normal part of human living and there is nothing inherently bad about having emotions but allowing yourself to be ruled by emotions is bad. For this reason, emotional strength and maturity is essential.
Emotional maturity is the ability to control your emotions and take full responsibility for your life along with its opportunities and dramas.
Emotional maturity is something that we must develop in our lives by knowing how to respond to situations in a mature and responsible manner. It is a quality worth working towards if you aren’t already there.
No one is perfect. We are all in the process of improving ourselves.

Here are things you can practice to become more emotionally mature and strong.

1. Don’t let negativity get the best of you.
Your brain is a radio transmitter. It broadcasts thoughts, directions and vibrations into your life – you get to choose the station it’s tuned to.
Emotionally strong people understand this and tune out negativity to make room for positivity. Focus on the positives, and soon the negatives become harder to see.

2. Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself.
Emotionally strong people don’t sit around feeling sorry about their circumstances or how others have treated them. Instead, they take responsibility for their role in life, work on changing what can be changed, and keep in mind that life isn’t always easy or fair. In the end, happiness is not the absence of problems, but simply the ability to deal well with them. So look at what you have, instead of what you have lost. Because it’s not what the world takes away from you that counts; it’s what you do with what you have left.

3. Don’t think you need more to be happy.
Know that happiness is a mindset of appreciation. In other words, happiness doesn’t start when “this, that or the other thing” is resolved. Happiness is what happens now when you appreciate what you have.

4. Don’t compare your journey to everyone else’s.
Social comparison is the thief of happiness. Do YOUR best and don’t compare your progress with that of others. They aren’t YOU. We all need our own time to travel our own distance. Emotionally strong people know this is the truth, and they live by it.

5. Don’t envy and resent other people’s success.
Learn to genuinely appreciate and celebrate other people’s success. Don’t grow envious or feel cheated when others achieve something you are trying to achieve. Instead, recognize that success comes with hard work, and be willing to work hard for your own chance at success. True confidence has no room for envy and resentment. When you know you are great, you have no reason to hate.

6. Don’t expect everything to be easy.
Don’t view failures and delays as reasons to give up. Instead, use failure as an opportunity to grow and improve. Be willing to keep trying until you get it right. Whether you are working on improving your health or getting a new business off the ground, don’t expect immediate results.
Instead, apply your efforts and skills to the best of your ability and understand that real change takes time.

7. Don’t say, “I can’t.”
As Henry Ford puts it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” This is true. If you really want to do something, you can and you will find a way. If you don’t, you will surely find a long list of excuses. So stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will.” Turn your “can’ts” into “cans” and your dreams into plans.

8. Don’t let fleeting temptations distract you from your dreams.
Don’t let the temptations of today distract you from what you deserve. Stay emotionally strong. Do what you have to do now so you can do what you want to do later.

9. Don’t get impatient and settle.
Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who are patient… while working hard for what they want most in life. If you know what you want, if you can see it, feel it and move toward it in some small way every single day… it has to happen. Be patient and keep working. That’s what emotionally strong people do.

10. Don’t make the same exact mistakes over and over again.
You can’t make the same mistake twice. Because the second time you make it, it’s no longer a mistake, it’s a choice. Accept responsibility for your behavior and learn from past mistakes. As a result, you won’t keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. Instead, you grow and move on to better decisions and new lessons.

11. Don’t resist change.
Don’t try to avoid change. Instead, welcome positive change into your life and be willing to be flexible. Understand that change is inevitable and believe in your abilities to adapt. Change happens for a reason. Roll with it! It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.

12. Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control.
Instead, focus on what you can control in your life. And above all, recognize that sometimes the only thing you can control is your attitude. After all, inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow an uncontrollable event or person to control your emotions.

13. Don’t hang on every word other people say about you.
Emotionally strong people listen to their own heart and intuition, not the peanut gallery. So try not to take things other people say about you too personally. What they think and say is a reflection of them, not you. Ultimately, you can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around.

14. Don’t think everyone is out to get you.
Emotionally strong people choose to see the good in others. Because the truth is, the world is full of good people. Whoever says otherwise hasn’t looked around. So look around. Appreciate them. Connect and smile together. When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.

15. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
Recognize that you don’t need to please everyone all the time. Do not be afraid to say no or speak up when necessary. Strive to be compassionate and fair, but be able to handle other people being disappointed if you didn’t perfectly live up to their unfair expectations. The bottom line is, pleasing everyone is impossible.

16. Don’t think it’s too late to start over.
Let go of the idea that it’s too late to start over. Remember, it’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t… even if it means beginning anew. Just because some things didn’t work out as you had expected, or didn’t happen as fast as you thought they would, is no excuse to give up on yourself.
Time passes one way or the other. Do what you need to do so that, at the very least, you can look back someday and say, “I gave life my best shot.”

Now it is your turn. What is your emotional strength/maturity level? Can you see yourself in the above statements and are there areas you want to improve upon? I personally have areas I need to work upon too.
It’s never too late – whether you are 18 or 81 there are chances for you to increase your emotional maturity/strength.
Feel free to leave a comment.

Credits to Angel Chernoff for some excerpts used in this post.
Don't take things serious.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 10:56am On May 20, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided undecided

The crase never start
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 11:07am On May 20, 2015
oyin17:

The crase never start

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 11:21am On May 20, 2015
Thanks Eleojo23 for this awesomely inspiring post...I've got a lot to work on
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by IVORY2009(m): 11:22am On May 20, 2015
searching4lovee:

irunoobo grin
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by whitestar01(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2015
Reasonable trade for reasonable people
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by darexkey(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2015
Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good
things come to those who are patient… while
working hard for what they want most in life. If you
know what you want, if you can see it, feel it and
move toward it in some small way every single day…
it has to happen. Be patient and keep working.
That’s what emotionally strong people do.

am a living testimony of d above. I was patient and now my dreams av started manifesting. Patient pays a lot. Nice write up bro.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by uzolexis(f): 12:36pm On May 20, 2015
thanks OP,I really needed this now as i'm falling into depression.......*focus on the +ves* that's my motto now.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by funnyme(f): 2:11pm On May 20, 2015
Op only God will bless yu! You don't know how much you have just helped me. Thanks a million!
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by GBAGAAUN(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2015
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by GBAGAAUN(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2015
God blessing u front and back ni
Oloshi!
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by olaolu39(m): 2:22pm On May 20, 2015
Nice post I must say: meanwhile you forgot to make God(the Holy Spirit) number one
In fact, everyone faces emotional ish...bt it takes a different time duration to be back to normal...
Prayer is the key...
eleojo23:
Experiencing emotions is a normal part of human living and there is nothing inherently bad about having emotions but allowing yourself to be ruled by emotions is bad. For this reason, emotional strength and maturity is essential.
Emotional maturity is the ability to control your emotions and take full responsibility for your life along with its opportunities and dramas.
Emotional maturity is something that we must develop in our lives by knowing how to respond to situations in a mature and responsible manner. It is a quality worth working towards if you aren’t already there.
No one is perfect. We are all in the process of improving ourselves.

Here are things you can practice to become more emotionally mature and strong.

1. Don’t let negativity get the best of you.
Your brain is a radio transmitter. It broadcasts thoughts, directions and vibrations into your life – you get to choose the station it’s tuned to.
Emotionally strong people understand this and tune out negativity to make room for positivity. Focus on the positives, and soon the negatives become harder to see.

2. Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself.
Emotionally strong people don’t sit around feeling sorry about their circumstances or how others have treated them. Instead, they take responsibility for their role in life, work on changing what can be changed, and keep in mind that life isn’t always easy or fair. In the end, happiness is not the absence of problems, but simply the ability to deal well with them. So look at what you have, instead of what you have lost. Because it’s not what the world takes away from you that counts; it’s what you do with what you have left.

3. Don’t think you need more to be happy.
Know that happiness is a mindset of appreciation. In other words, happiness doesn’t start when “this, that or the other thing” is resolved. Happiness is what happens now when you appreciate what you have.

4. Don’t compare your journey to everyone else’s.
Social comparison is the thief of happiness. Do YOUR best and don’t compare your progress with that of others. They aren’t YOU. We all need our own time to travel our own distance. Emotionally strong people know this is the truth, and they live by it.

5. Don’t envy and resent other people’s success.
Learn to genuinely appreciate and celebrate other people’s success. Don’t grow envious or feel cheated when others achieve something you are trying to achieve. Instead, recognize that success comes with hard work, and be willing to work hard for your own chance at success. True confidence has no room for envy and resentment. When you know you are great, you have no reason to hate.

6. Don’t expect everything to be easy.
Don’t view failures and delays as reasons to give up. Instead, use failure as an opportunity to grow and improve. Be willing to keep trying until you get it right. Whether you are working on improving your health or getting a new business off the ground, don’t expect immediate results.
Instead, apply your efforts and skills to the best of your ability and understand that real change takes time.

7. Don’t say, “I can’t.”
As Henry Ford puts it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” This is true. If you really want to do something, you can and you will find a way. If you don’t, you will surely find a long list of excuses. So stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will.” Turn your “can’ts” into “cans” and your dreams into plans.

8. Don’t let fleeting temptations distract you from your dreams.
Don’t let the temptations of today distract you from what you deserve. Stay emotionally strong. Do what you have to do now so you can do what you want to do later.

Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who are patient… while working hard for what they want most in life. If you know what you want, if you can see it, feel it and move toward it in some small way every single day… it has to happen. Be patient and keep working. That’s what emotionally strong people do.

10. Don’t make the same exact mistakes over and over again.
You can’t make the same mistake twice. Because the second time you make it, it’s no longer a mistake, it’s a choice. Accept responsibility for your behavior and learn from past mistakes. As a result, you won’t keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. Instead, you grow and move on to better decisions and new lessons.

11. Don’t resist change.
Don’t try to avoid change. Instead, welcome positive change into your life and be willing to be flexible. Understand that change is inevitable and believe in your abilities to adapt. Change happens for a reason. Roll with it! It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.

12. Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control.
Instead, focus on what you can control in your life. And above all, recognize that sometimes the only thing you can control is your attitude. After all, inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow an uncontrollable event or person to control your emotions.

13. Don’t hang on every word other people say about you.
Emotionally strong people listen to their own heart and intuition, not the peanut gallery. So try not to take things other people say about you too personally. What they think and say is a reflection of them, not you. Ultimately, you can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around.

14. Don’t think everyone is out to get you.
Emotionally strong people choose to see the good in others. Because the truth is, the world is full of good people. Whoever says otherwise hasn’t looked around. So look around. Appreciate them. Connect and smile together. When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.

15. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
Recognize that you don’t need to please everyone all the time. Do not be afraid to say no or speak up when necessary. Strive to be compassionate and fair, but be able to handle other people being disappointed if you didn’t perfectly live up to their unfair expectations. The bottom line is, pleasing everyone is impossible.

16. Don’t think it’s too late to start over.
Let go of the idea that it’s too late to start over. Remember, it’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t… even if it means beginning anew. Just because some things didn’t work out as you had expected, or didn’t happen as fast as you thought they would, is no excuse to give up on yourself.
Time passes one way or the other. Do what you need to do so that, at the very least, you can look back someday and say, “I gave life my best shot.”

Now it is your turn. What is your emotional strength/maturity level? Can you see yourself in the above statements and are there areas you want to improve upon? I personally have areas I need to work upon too.
It’s never too late – whether you are 18 or 81 there are chances for you to increase your emotional maturity/strength.
Feel free to leave a comment.

Credits to Angel Chernoff for some excerpts used in this post.
Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 20, 2015
All that is just too much to follow:

To be emotionally strong you have to
1.Be stoic
2.Be Prayerful
3.Have a personal anthem you recite to yourself everytime.
4.Read a lot...spiritual, general knowledge, history books etc

All these take care of the rest.

1 Like

Re: How To Become Emotionally Strong by GBAGAAUN(m): 2:27pm On May 20, 2015
Op u try

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / "My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court / Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.