Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,877 members, 7,841,290 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. (19574 Views)

Professor Of Philosophy Laid-in-state In His House / Wole Soyinka Loses On Becoming Oxford's Next Professor Of Poetry. / Photo : Could This Be The Next Chike Obi, Professor Of Maths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by babyfaceafrica: 10:31pm On May 09, 2015
Happi to le prof....its good news for Nigeria.......we need more people to represent nigeria well..not some people carrying drugs and stealling money.....nigerians are better than this!!!!
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by UnknownT: 10:31pm On May 09, 2015
he should ban cableng from covering his Oxford lecture if he wins like Buhari barred AIT grin
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2015
brize:
Temitemi make this man your role model and see your life change for good. Just joking sha.....

Naaahhhh!

Fayose's good enough for Temitemi!
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 09, 2015
I wish him Goodluck minus Jonathan don't even mention Patience at all.

Lol
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by captainBIAFRA(m): 10:33pm On May 09, 2015
omenka:
Wow. You seem to be talking from personal experience.

Tell us, was yours Gold or Silver??
I bet your own Omenka is an Alias. Drop it and identify your side cool

1 Like

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by BabaNath(m): 10:33pm On May 09, 2015
Very sweet! Very nice... I love Nigeria pass. Nigeria is made of the good, the bad and the ugly.
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2015
BabaNath:
Very sweet! Very nice... I love Nigeria pass. Nigeria is made of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Every nation's got a little of each.

We just love to wash our dirty linen in public!

Nairaland is a public place and look what we say of ourselves here everyday!
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 09, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/ This Oyibo people no go kill person.
Professor of Poetry. grin grin grin.
Might as well name him professor of poultry.
Soyinka..... no go find job.
\
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 09, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/ This Oyibo people no go kill person.
\
you are too matured for this.

2 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by cold(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2015
I'm happy for him

1 Like

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
This Oyibo people no go kill person.

\
Upon say e no get job, he can pay all ur generations for the next 1000 years, feed ur whole village and still carry all una hungry family to different Ivy leagues universities to become better people.
Ediot, next time don't hate but wish a fellow human success, so God can bless u too.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by ayindejimmy(m): 10:45pm On May 09, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
This Oyibo people no go kill person.

..... no go find job.
\
What do you know about the genre of poetry when all you do is peddle drugs and sell fake electronics? So the Prof. Should start doing same... Init?
I'll pardon your parochialism but not your foolhardliness

8 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2015
And some Ediot online to call this Nobel Prize winner a failure. Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by omenka(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2015
captainBIAFRA:

I bet your own Omenka is an Alias. Drop it and identify your side cool
Errrrm, excuse me, but what has that got to do with the subject matter

Ok, let me guess, if I don't "hate" Yorubas and everything about them then I can't be an Igbo man... I suppose that's what you are saying, no?

4 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by kcynho(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2015
[size=25pt] HE SHOULD'NT GO THERE TO RANT AGAIN O[/size]
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by rileyy(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2015
Ndigbo kwenu !!!
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by joseph1832(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2015
All hail Professor Wole Soyinka. He's taking African literature to another level.

And to think Patience Jonathan called him a mad prof!. Imagine! I'm waiting and yet to see her made a professor, better still, get acknowledged by scholars. Some people will say, "who dash monkey banana?".

3 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Ryabcool(m): 11:05pm On May 09, 2015
captainBIAFRA:
[s][/s]

Yea, even a rabbied dog gets a medal cool
*singing* Bad Belle, is allowed. Is allowed is allowed! cool

3 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 09, 2015
VERIFICATION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE

COLLECTION / REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION

COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF NATIONAL SERVICE

solve all NYSC problems

ISSUANCE OF NYSC TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION

RESOLVE ERRORS IN NYSC CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION LETTER/CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

SOLVE NYSC REGISTRATION PROBLEMS CALL +2348136384606
NYSC POSTING

Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates

Apply for Relocation

GET POSTED TO A NIGERIAN STATE OF YOUR CHOICE FOR NYSC SERVICE call +2348136384606

NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) ----- call +2348136384606
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by InvertedHammer: 11:07pm On May 09, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Upon say e no get job, he can pay all ur generations for the next 1000 years, feed ur whole village and still carry all una hungry family to different Ivy leagues universities to become better people.
Ediot, next time don't hate but wish a fellow human success, so God can bless u too.
/
Ok. He won a Nobel laureate because he can string a few English words together.

For the love of Christ, can someone tell me what is important about Wole Soyinka?

How has this man contributed to humanity? None!!!
\

2 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by chuchutech(m): 11:08pm On May 09, 2015
wow, Another Nigerian Making waves

1 Like

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by akilo1: 11:12pm On May 09, 2015
bad news for pdp and the electronic rat,if you nor like this news then you ve to relocate from nigeria or ib oshomole voice ,you should go and die

1 Like

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by chonchoro(m): 11:12pm On May 09, 2015
eleojo23:
One good thing about this ('oyinbo') people is that they recognise and appreciate quality and talent not minding the tribe or nationality of the person. Once you have something to offer, they give you their support.

It's a lesson to all those who try to bring others down and refuse to acknowledge and appreciate their talents just because they are from a different tribe.

you have spoke my mind

3 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by africanusvu(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2015
This controversal Trouble norate,pls let his peple give him orientation before he goes there to make another hate statement,I caan now see the difference bw writingtoo many nozels and common sense
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by grandstar(m): 11:27pm On May 09, 2015
The man's mastery of the English language is phenomenal! He was the one that brought the phrase "a powerful cabal" to Nigeria when talking about the annulment of the June 12 election in 1993. Nigerians bow when they hear am!

5 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by grandstar(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2015
africanusvu:
This controversal Trouble norate,pls let his peple give him orientation before he goes there to make another hate statement,I caan now see the difference bw writingtoo many nozels and common sense

Those who published the article even apologised to him stating they had misquoted him. The man condemned the genocide of the Igbos in the 60's.

5 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by africanusvu(m): 11:32pm On May 09, 2015
ayindejimmy:

What do you know about the genre of poetry when all you do is peddle drugs and sell fake electronics? So the Prof. Should start doing same... Init?
I'll pardon your parochialism but not your foolhardliness
What is the economic value of poetry,only the. Weakest brains study poetry in any nig institution

2 Likes

Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by africanusvu(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2015
grandstar:

Those who published the article even apologised to him stating they had misquoted him. The man condemned the genocide of the Igbos in the 60's.
He hav realy lost aany single respect igbos av for him from dat day
Re: Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. by lolababe331e: 11:36pm On May 09, 2015
africanusvu:

Try and englighten yourself so you don't sound ignorant next time. The news site that carried the news has already apologized to him because it wasn't true.

So he lost the respect of Igbos (I don't believe you speak for a ll Igbos by the way) because a news site lied against him That says more about you than him

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NPA Application Into 4th Regular Course Degree Programme 2016/2017 / Imo State born Prof Anyanwu to be Vice Chancellor of an American University / How Do You Recognize Year 1 Students In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.