Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. (1930 Views)

Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. / Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Megatone(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2015
Madailygist.com profiles twelve individuals and groups that have refused to congratulate the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, on his election victory.  

1. Professor Wole Soyinka: Nigeria’s only Nobel laureate is a major critic of the Jonathan administration, especially the handling of the Rivers state crisis that nearly swept off his favoured son, Amaechi, and the handling of the Chibok girls saga. His opinions are highly sought after in Nigeria and beyond and many believe that his disdain for the PDP helped sway the south-west (especially the young and intellectuals) vote against President Jonathan.

2. Ernest Shonekan: The former head of the interim government of Nigeria in 1993. He is believed to be a supporter of the incumbent President Jonathan and has never missed any high government function since Jonathan became president.

3. Mike Adenuga: The chairman of telecommunication outfit Globacom and one of Nigeria’s richest and out-of-public private citizens. He is a friend of the Jonathan government and as such was appointed as co-chairman by Jonathan in 2012 to head the flood committee.

4. South-South PDP Governors: They are governors Liyel Imoke( Cross River), Godswill Akpabio( Akwa Ibom), Seriake Dickson( Bayelsa state), Emmanuel Uduaghan( Delta state) and govenor-elect Nyesom Wike (Rivers state – considered to be a nightmare to incumbent governor, Rotimi Amaechi and the APC). They are major financiers and gave Jonathan a bloc-vote during the 2011 and 2015 presidential elections. Rivers state gave the incumbent president over 1.4million votes to emerge highest from the region.

5. South-East PDP Governors: Abia – Theodore Orji, Ebonyi – Martin Elechi, Enugu – Sullivan Chime; they tried to replicate the 2011 magic but I guess something happened along the way. Nonetheless, Jonathan secured victory convincingly in the zone but could not win nationally in 2015 as he did in 2011. The highest the Otuoke -born president secured from this zone was 500,000+ in Enugu state.

6. Alex Ekwueme: The former Nigerian vice president under Shehu Shagari and a prominent member of those who formed the PDP in 1998. He complained sometime ago of being marginalized in the mainstream PDP by the Jonathan administration before Jonathan visited his state for the PDP presidential campaign.

7. Shehu Shagari: With the waning strength of his 80 plus years, the former president Shagari is an ardent supporter of the PDP from the  OBJ days to Yar’Adua. He benefitted to the extent of making his son a minister and then a deputy governor in 2007-2015. President Jonathan is believed to have so much respect for this revered elder statesman and recently joined former Nigerian leaders to celebrate his birthday in Sokoto.

8. Ibrahim Babangida: Nicknamed the ‘Nigerian Maradona.’ He ousted the president-elect, Buhari and took over power in 1985 and later went on to annul the 1993 presidential election won by the late MKO Abiola. Many believe that Buhari still begrudges IBB for his ouster and not allowing him to bury his late mum. He once sought for the PDP ticket in 2011 with Jonathan alongside former the vice-president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and the former national security adviser  and current defence minister, Aliyu Gusau. He is still a PDP card-carrying member and preferred Jonathan to Buhai in the 2015 elections.

10. Innocent Chukwuma: The Anambra-born entrepreneur cum billionaire is a fine protagonist of the Jonathan administration. He is a major beneficiary of the current president’s auto policy on home-made vehicles and manufacturing in Nigeria. Innocent is the first indigenous vehicle manufacturing businessman in the country. He manufactures SUVs, pick-up trucks as well as patrol vans for the Nigerian police force and the Federal Road Safety Corps. His company was said to have donated about 15 SUVs to the 2015 PDP presidential campaign.

11. South-West Obas: These monarchs are seen as very powerful in the region and they were seen to be more amenable to the Jonathan candidature than Buhari’s. On more than one occasion they openly supported President Jonathan ahead of the 2015 elections. Jonathan was said to have held meetings with all the power-broking monarchs in the region before the elections.

12. Northern states PDP governors: These are the governors of Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa, Bauchi, Niger, Benue, Adamawa, Katsina, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi and Gombe states. Of all these governors none was able to win even a local government area for the PDP save for Taraba, Plateau, Kaduna and Adamawa despite all the billions given to them during the presidential elections.

Meanwhile, the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has expressed concerns about the dilapidated economy of the country with just 23 days to his inauguration.
Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 08, 2015
Op you forgot ME ...Gej till may29
Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Mogidi: 10:48pm On May 08, 2015
The people the @OP mentioned are not important.
He has received visits from those that matters, the Saudi and Iranian ambassadors.

Not forgetting the grand khadi of stratosphere have also been to see him, case closed.

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by midolian(m): 10:52pm On May 08, 2015
Some of these pple have congratulated him..its not a must they visit him.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by jamex93(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2015
ooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by fyneguy: 10:59pm On May 08, 2015
They will visit him after May29
Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by jmichlins(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2015
тнє σρ ƒσʀgσт тσ мєηтιση мє αηɗ уσυ. нανє ωє νιѕιтєɗ нιм αвι ωє ησ вє ηιgєʀιαηѕ

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Phoenix001(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2015
midolian:
Some of these pple have congratulated him..its not a must they visit him.

Abi o. Improper visit is the begining of undue familiarity.
Make GMB play his card according to the rule.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by fritiyo: 12:42am On May 09, 2015
What is so special about visiting GMB?

When they know, the certificate less GMB will bar them from seeing him as he as done to others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by ki02020(m): 1:02am On May 09, 2015
Badbelle is allowed

But we all know that adenuga and IBB are close baddys but IBB and BUHARI are not best of friend regarding the coup matter

The obas from sw those who supported him would have congratulated him, but those who collected dollars might not be confident enough

Having Obiano and rochas showing readiness to work with buhari fron the east ok for

Other will fall in as time goes on

We all have a diffrent EGO melting point

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by stephenqueen: 2:44am On May 09, 2015
Who cares undecided undecided
GMB MY HERO
FASHOLA MY ROLE MODEL

Keep calm and vote www.nairaland.com/twaci For MISS NL
God bless you all

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2388096_coollogocom5062531_gifdbb2fefbdd9e975d8678c04d0a1169c1 [/quote
Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Chigorkizz(m): 6:06am On May 09, 2015
If they visit him una go say they have gone to beg him for favour.
Make una leave them alone. Is BUHARI God?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by Rilwayne001: 6:17am On May 09, 2015
GMB my hero
AMAECHI my role model
MADUEKE my sugar momy grin
TOMITOMI my robot
VARCANISTER my gateman
MONGIDI my barber
Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by dunkem21(m): 6:22am On May 09, 2015
you forgot my role model, FAYOSE!

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by LordCenturion(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
GMB my hero

AMAECHI my role model

MADUEKE my sugar momy grin

TEMITEMI1 my robot

BARCANISTER my gateman

MONGIDI my barber

Lolz,, @Op they will stil go and visit him, even most of this people has congratulate him, Shagari has visited him last month, so what are u typing........

1 Like

Re: 12 Individuals And Groups That Have Refused To Pay GMB A Visit. by wadetaw202: 8:39am On May 09, 2015
Mogidi:
The people the @OP mentioned are not important.
He has received visits from those that matters, the Saudi and Iranian ambassadors.

Not forgetting the grand khadi of stratosphere have also been to see him, case closed.

Are you saying foreigners are more important in your country than Nigerians? Why is your mind so backward? When will you be free from this residual consequences of white man slavery? When?!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Scared Of Revisting $180M Halliburton Bribe Because Of OBJ,IBB,Abdusalami / Between Ijaws And Rivers Minorities By Ken Saro Wiwa / Do You Agree With This Photo? – Is Diezani Deceiving Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.