Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads (1559 Views)

Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning / APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by papaejima1: 1:29pm On May 09, 2015
A New Jersey man has to pay child support to only one of two twin girls — because he didn’t father them both, a judge ruled this week.
In a precedent-setting case that would make even TV host Maury “Who’s the Daddy?” Povich’s head spin, the Passaic County civil case has uncovered a rare medical miracle — and exposed a support-seeking single mom as a fertile philanderer.
The baby-daddy dispute began about 19 months after twin girls — identified as “A.M.” and “B.M.” in court papers — were born in January 2013. The mom, “T.M.,” and a man identified as “A.S.” were in a romantic relationship, according to court papers.
In October 2014, the county’s board of social services filed a child-support petition on the mother’s behalf, naming A.S. as the father of both twins.
But a month later, a DNA test was ordered. The results were shocking.

Petitions naming A.S. as the father were only half-right.
The board of social services is currently providing public assistance to the mother.
“At the time the current action commenced, the mother identified only A.S. as the father of both children,” Superior Court Judge Sohail Mohammed wrote in a diagrammed decision that looked as much like a sexual-education lesson plan as it did a judicial ruling.
At a hearing a few weeks later, the mom shared information she had left out of her petition.
She had had sex with another man within the same week.
To ensure the unusual outcome was indeed correct, the court called in a DNA expert who testified that the two eggs were fertilized from different fathers during the same menstrual cycle.
The expert, Karl-Hanz Wurzinger, cited an academic study he published in 1997 that found that different fathers occurs in about one out of every 13,000 reported paternity cases involving twins.
Mohammed said there is no current recordkeeping on the medical miracle, which is known as heteropaternal superfecundation.
But the phenomenon is believed to be on the increase due to fertility breakthroughs, medical stimulation of ovulation, promiscuity and other factors, Mohammed said.
This is an unprecedented case in New Jersey, and only a handful of reported cases exist nationwide, Mohammed said.
The defendant was ordered to pay $28 per week — for one child.
The second father’s identify has not been established, Mohammed said.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/08/shocking-dna-test-reveals-twins-have-different-fathers/
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by IamOdin: 1:34pm On May 09, 2015
Hian!.Must this westerners make case from everything??
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Twaci(f): 1:35pm On May 09, 2015
Wow! This is shocking and strange! Wonders shocked

Kindly vote me for Miss. Nairaland 2015. Thanks smiley.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Boscojugunu(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2015
IamOdin:
Hian!.Must this westerners make case from everything??
true
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by delishpot: 1:40pm On May 09, 2015
shocked dividend of waka waka

1 Like

Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by vedd: 1:44pm On May 09, 2015
Incredibly strange!

2 Likes

Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2015
That's why we used to kill them twins
Abominations
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by stephenqueen: 1:47pm On May 09, 2015
End time things, noting we no go see sad shocked
GMB MY HERO
FASHOLA MY ROLE MODEL
TWACI MY MISS NAIRALAND 2015
KEEP CALM AND VOTE www.nairaland.com/twaci For Miss NL
God bless you all

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2388096_coollogocom5062531_gifdbb2fefbdd9e975d8678c04d0a1169c1

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Demmzy15(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2015
They're just like P-square, Peter and Paul! grin
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2015
No wonder some twins don't share any resemblance at all. So, this explains it then.grin
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by adanduka: 4:38pm On May 09, 2015
@ OP, Is one of them yours, your moniker tells me I might be right wink
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by omniwater007: 6:06pm On May 09, 2015
Fear God and of course,fear WOMEN.
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

i will vote for you #team twaci#

1 Like

Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Twaci(f): 6:34pm On May 09, 2015
misspresident:

i will vote for you #team twaci#
Thanks a lot dear smiley
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by Bobbystanley(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2015
How possible is that?
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by MyMouth(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

Bia! Why is this contest so important to you? How much seun go pay you if you win?
Re: Shock As Twins Have 2 Different Dads by dBard: 10:08pm On May 09, 2015
grin grin grin

Good news for the baby daddies rocking them twins.

Not a bad time to go into the paternity testing biz.. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Theodore Orji's Refuse Dumps / Photo Of Alhaji Shehu Shagari With Us President JF Kenedy / Bola Ige’s Murder Case Can Be Reopened –IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.