Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Reasons Why Facebook Security Method Is Now silly. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why Facebook Security Method Is Now silly. (483 Views)

7 Silly Mistakes New Bloggers Makes When Applying For Adsense - Mediapace / Why Facebook,google,youtube Are Not Paying Taxes In Nigeria? / 5 Reasons Why Facebook Is Better Than Nairaland For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Facebook Security Method Is Now silly. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 09, 2015
Someone just hacked my Facebook account,after trying to change my password, using my email, they sent d code to my email, after using d code , I passed d captcha, and then Facebook gave me a single option of identifying some people to prove that I am a real person not pretending to be someone else.

1) I know less than 5% of my Facebook friends, how on earth wld I know one person out of over 4000 Facebook friends I have that I don't know personally? undecided Mark zuck shld know this, how does identifying someone on my fb frnds list prove that I am not impersonating , what's the relationship? Mojority of fb relationships aren't real life relationships

2)The person that hacked my Facebook account could know some of the people I don't know on my Facebook frnds list. He/she cld be a close relation.

3)They are asking me to upload an identification document like certificate or credit card. Now I know this is mark zuck way of gathering informations abt people, to probably sell to advertisers.

If mark really wants security, he shldnt force people to upload sensitive documents, he shld make it compulsory to probably change password every month, and to permit only strong passwords to be used,

With everything, a lot of accounts still get hacked daily, and are used to advertise in a spammy way, the best security is by making things simple, not everyone is ready to go through d extensive ineffective security methods employed by fb, that wld do nothing but frustrate genuine fb users.

Cc:Seun, lalasticlala
Re: Reasons Why Facebook Security Method Is Now silly. by adewaletb3(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2015
So that's why you think It's silly.
Re: Reasons Why Facebook Security Method Is Now silly. by Nobody: 11:39am On May 10, 2015
1) The concept of Facebook is to connect with people in your life.. not one babe you saw her pics and add her as friend. Not one dude that send you a friend request and you accept.

The concept behind Facebook is to meet friends and families in far places even friends you have forgotten such as old school friends .. ex girlfriend... Distant cousins.. etc.. not just anyone you meet.

Some people are on Facebook for 6 years and yet they have just 75 Friends. I mean 75 Real friends they know so identifying them would not be a problem . So I have to disagree with you on that aspect.

2) Facebook needs identification.. you are not forced to upload your credit card it can be your passport or your school ID. Or your work place I'D. It recommend credit card as almost anyone has a credit card and not all has a passport or school ID. So I still disagree with you.

3) Facebook is secure and it all depends on you. Don't give anyone your email password or Facebook password. Use a strong password or you will be hacked. It's that simple and you won't blame Facebook. Use Facebook Login authorization system that sends a code to your phone when you login. It's also secure. Restrict your login to finger print if your device has the feature. Like on my Galaxy Note 4 I only login to Facebook with my Finger. It won't allow me login in any other way. So Facebook is Secure.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Hxxker. / How To Generate Traffic Using An Email Newsletter / To The Geeks In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.