Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! (24358 Views)

New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Eva - Make Em Say - Is This The Best Hip Hop Track By A Naija Femcee Ever? / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Hugoboi(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2006
Hi y'all,we'v had rappers tradin' lyrical jibes at each other over beats.Some have been absolutely rippin ahile a handful have really been lame attempts. This thread aims at showing who has done the illest dissin' of all time.Happy posting!!!

Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Oracle(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2006
The best of them was 2pac and Biggie's beef, Tupac's song was off the hook

Another one I love is the present diss between Lil Romeo and Bow wow
Romeo's track against Bow wow is just the Bomb itz titled U Can't Shine Like Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiSKUBpdAjA
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by BobbieMae(f): 2:50am On Sep 12, 2006
Thank you jare,

Pac and Biggs stuff was insane. That shit had Nigeria jumping. Fake ass naija boys repping west coast and east cost, all because of music. I will never forget that time in my life.

Pac and Bigg for sure,

No mind 50 kobo, by the time dem shoot that in jaw, wey dey screwed together by metal, he go know how far,
Nas on the other hand should grow the phuck up. First he had Ether and now he wants to beef 50 kobo,

Dem neva halla!
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2006
Th best diss song of all time was and is still 2pac's Hit them up.Men that was a classic and definitive diss song.it had everybody listening, even them East coast boys
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by mrmetoo(m): 5:16am On Sep 12, 2006
Best diss songs

Best - Hit 'Em Up (though i'm a huge biggie fan but that was tight)
Second - Ether (Nas killed Jay-Z on that one)
Third - 300 Bars and Running (15mins of switching beats and tight flows dissing the hell out of G-Unit, Joe Budden, Young Gunz, etc. The Game's flows were too nice).

Best hip hop beef obviously was Tupac Vs Biggie all those other beefs are just marketing. (Not saying theirs wasn't part business)
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 5:25am On Sep 12, 2006
Yeah i have been wondering.Where the Game at?Is he no longer with shady/Aftermath
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Oracle(m): 5:53am On Sep 12, 2006
I just watched some crazy action game version of ETHER
The action makes the rap sound real, i love the Gunshots at the beginning of the track

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2fWke7KWFY
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by mrmetoo(m): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2006
Uche2nna:

Yeah i have been wondering.Where the Game at?Is he no longer with shady/Aftermath

No longer with G Unit/Aftermath but still with Dr. Dre
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Oracle(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2006
mr me too:

No longer with G Unit/Aftermath but still with Dr. Dre
That might make Dre and 50cent become enemies
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by iice(f): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2006
Yeah Hit em up is my all time favorite (Tupac fan always, althou i like biggie, he got killed on this one)
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2006
I feel you my sister.2pac was tha bomb.He designed,defined and infused gangstar rap,dope rap and Hip Hop 2geda.Terrible combination and still hard to beat.Tho I feel that 50 cents is trying to live up to the billling.Only time will tell if he will withstand the tempo.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by lilayo(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2006
How can yall say Tupac vs. Biggie was the best battle when Biggie didn't respond? In order for there to be a battle, it has to be 2 ways. I think the best battle in my time was Nas vs. Jay-Z. The battle was great until Jay-Z became too emotional to accept that he lost and kept on going on when people didnt care anymore.

No other beef in my time is better. 50 cent's beefs are corney to me. If you look at his beefs carefully, he does them in the same exact pattern. He'll rap for a verse or 2, not really saying anything. Then before the song ends, he'll start talking. Thats not battling to me, he's just a puppet who makes noice.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by iice(f): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2006
Well he ddnt respond like Tupic this, tupac that but you can tell from some of his songs that he was refering to Tupac eg. What's beef? Or Who shot ya? Yeah i just remembered the Canibus and LL beef ahahahaha
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2006
Biggie replied or at least he tried to, listen to his song NIGGAS BLEED.It is just that 2pac was way too far ahead of him in the diss dept.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by lilayo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2006
Yes he did a couple of subliminals, but it doesnt really doesnt make it that strong.  I think if he went toe to toe with Tupac, that would be greatest battle ever in history.  LL and Canibus was also good, but definately not the best (in my opinion).
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by iice(f): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2006
Ahhhh yeah it wasn't the best but it was pretty good but i still say Tupac n Biggie was the best. grin grin
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2006
How can u go toe to toe with sb who wrote a whole album in just 7 days(7 day theory).How can you compete with someone who recorded a double LP of original Hip HOP material (All eyez On Me).how could you battle with some body with about 4 posthumous albums and still tons of unrecorded material, I can go on and on, If you know wat is good for you when tupac disses you do not reply or you asking for more.He even dissed DRE on TOSS IT UP.Do not tell me u expected a reply, even from the Good DR himself. grin grin grin
Tupac was and is still the Gold bar for the Rap stock market
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by iice(f): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2006
Well said bro grin grin
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by lilayo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2006
I agree that the diss was great, everyone can see that. However since Biggie (according to you) couldnt diss back, it made it kinda one way. Now if they had gone toe to toe, i'm telling you, it would've been even greater. Biggie's lyrics were beyond what you were hearing at that time, but I think Tupac would've still one.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2006
Yeah would have been better if Biggie really hit back.That would have made 2pac scurrying back to the studio and we would have heard another diss record that will make Hit 'em Up sound like childs play.Luckily Biggie he knew his class and did not try so hard.unluckily for us we will never hear that diss song
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Chxta(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
Hit 'em Up, no questions asked.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by mrmetoo(m): 1:19am On Sep 13, 2006
Biggie didn't respond because he didn't want to. But seriously on wax biggie could have matched tupac. That guy can flow about anything I believe he would have done a wonderful job.
Cannibus and LL - 2nd round knock out was tight but that was a real set-up. Wyclef put that guy against LL and then turned his back on him
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 1:30am On Sep 13, 2006
Biggie was aiight.But i hate when when people start to compare him with the Don Killuminati aka Makaveli aka 2Pac.how can even imply that Biggie could have matched 2pac on wax.Man are you kidding me.The whole Bad Boy Crew got murdered lyrically on wax by the great one.Do not tell me that Biggie did not respond because he did not want to.He tried to but just could not gather enuff audience.Listen to NIGGAS BLEED,WHATS BEEF and WHO SHOT YA.He tried but he found out that he just was no match for sb who was hell bent on redefining the standards of rap.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by BobbieMae(f): 4:34am On Sep 13, 2006
Mr Me Too who told you Biggie didnt want to respond, are your Biggies cousin? And besides your user name Mr. Me too, is a diss. You know that right?

Anywhoo, nobody can match up to PAC. Pac was real. What, !!!!!!!
The only son of a BLACK PANTHER! The only surviving Black Female Panther, lets not go deep into that. Pac was a real nigguh.

Biggie was watered down. Commercial, way too commercial.

Go PAC, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Come you guys, there was this IDIOT in my secondary school that claimed that Pac was still alive and that Pac was somewhere in India, chillin and that PAC was even his cousin. See the kind flogging awon boys flogg this guy eh? As in he got trashed for the DUST that came outta his mouth. Pac Cousin ko, Pac Cousin niii! Pac is now Naija abi? HISS.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:48am On Sep 13, 2006
BobbieMae:

Mr Me Too who told you Biggie didnt want to respond, are your Biggies cousin? And besides your user name Mr. Me too, is a diss. You know that right?

Anywhoo, nobody can match up to PAC. Pac was real. What, !!!!!!!
The only son of a BLACK PANTHER! The only surviving Black Female Panther, lets not go deep into that. Pac was a real nigguh.

Biggie was watered down. Commercial, way too commercial.

Go PAC, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Come you guys, there was this IDIOT in my secondary school that claimed that Pac was still alive and that Pac was somewhere in India, chillin and that PAC was even his cousin. See the kind flogging awon boys flogg this guy eh? As in he got trashed for the DUST that came out of his mouth. Pac Cousin ko, Pac Cousin niii! Pac is now Naija abi? HISS.
Well said.Tupac was the only artiste that got me into tears when i heard of his death.I knew he was gonna get it but could not just beleieve it when happened
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by BobbieMae(f): 5:18am On Sep 13, 2006
Uch! I know what you mean. I cried too, i usually dont cry lots (even though i am female) but PAC was an amazing lyricist, an amazing fighter, an amazing poet, an amazing actor, and the list goes on.

Just today they played "Keep your head up" on the radio and i near died man! That guy was deep.

Dont get me wrong i love Biggie but rolling your rolex from side to side with idiots like puffy looking like morons on a video doesnt cut it for me.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by mrmetoo(m): 5:55am On Sep 13, 2006
@BobbieMae

I know what my screen name means. I just like the song and I liked the way the "Mr Me Too" guy was dancing in the video thought it was funny. Its not that serious. Have you listened to all those songs u listed. Those are not diss song. What's Beef is not a beef song, just because it has the word "beef" in it does not make it one. Biggie believe it or not took his beef to him (Tupac) and asked him about it. And Tupac just said it was all business (VH1's behind the music) Bad Boy and 'em did not just want to escalate the whole beef thing. In What's Beef, Biggie was just explaining what real beef is thats all. Lets not forget its all about making money and entertainment for these artistes.
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 5:56am On Sep 13, 2006
Word!
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by mrmetoo(m): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2006
Uche2nna:

Biggie replied or at least he tried to, listen to his song NIGGAS BLEED.It is just that 2pac was way too far ahead of him in the diss debt.

Pls what part of that song was a diss referring to Tupac or how was that a reply to a diss song? I'm just asking
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by BobbieMae(f): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2006
Ofcourse i know they are not diss songs, trust me you dont want to go there with me. I was simply reminicing on songs that Biggie and Pac have sang, i never mentioned that they were Diss Songs.

Mr. Mr. Me Too,
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by Uche2nna(m): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2006
You might say that Biggie did not do any diss songs.I agree with you there.But that was as closest as Biggie could get to a diss song.He did not come out strong saying 2pac was this or that,but if you listen close enuff and even hard enuff to those aforementioned songs you will hear the subtle jabs he indirectly threw at 2pac.In NIGGAS BLEED the chorus is, Niggas bleed just like us,Picture me scared of a Nigga who breathe the same air that I breathe.Well,if you are aware of the history between the Pac and Biggie feud,then you can draw your conclusions from that. It does not end there .There were many other infrences scattered all over the verses.It might not be obvious but in one particular instance in the song he said and I quote"Please I got kids to feed".You might or might not understand but Biggie knew exactly wat he was saying and who he was saying it to.
Also in the song Who shot Ya,unless you did not follow the Pac Biggie feud,then you can tell what Biggie was trying to say.
Fucking with biggie,It aint safe,I will make your skin chafe,rashes on the masses etc
Re: Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! by iice(f): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2006
Word bro. . .
B.T.W, lauryn said to tell you she only does girls lol. but that she doesnt bite, laterz gotta sleep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

P-square's "No One Like You" Lyrics / Top Radio Shows In Lagos/Nigeria? / Photos : Top 10 Sexiest Nigerian Male Musicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.