Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation (39167 Views)

National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by phintohlar(f): 7:42am On May 11, 2015
itzWarner:
undecidedToo long
There is no way I'm reading all that
same here
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:05am On May 11, 2015
nzeobi:
I even suggest buhari should ban that NYSC stuff, the only thing people do there is just to go take pictures.
Every graduate should be given like 500k to venture in agriculture or something else and not wasting one year wearing khaki and T shirt around.
It makes people myopic, imagine asking a graduate what his plans are and he tell you he has no plan until after service as if there is job vacancy already waiting for him else where.
My opinion though
GOD BLESS U. U HAVE SPOKEN MY MIND. ME I WONT GO SELF. SCHOOL IS A PRISON SO AFTER LEAVING THE PRISON I WILL STILL DO ONE MORE YEAR OF SLAVERY shocked
I NO GET THAT TIME JOOOR. grin

1 Like

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2015
ikkkkk:

Point of correction please.
NOUN is not a part time degree program. It's a 100 percent full time program. The beauty of the school is that it runs through ODL (Open Distance Learning) and its highly sophisticated. The school runs it's normal academic programs and its not affected by ASUU strike.

i am tinkin of running ma masters dere...tell me mo?
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Ephemmm: 8:10am On May 11, 2015
voltron:
Why am I laughing.. There are thousands of jobless graduates who went through nysc. companies are hiring far less graduates and more polytechnic and noun students to reduce human capital cost. Who dey suffer now

You don't even need to talk too much: the punctuation of your sentence has vindicated you as a University graduate who is better than all graduates who finished from Polytechnics and NOUN.
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Stop deceiving yourself. What's the difference between part-time and distance learning ?
rily wana knw d diff between d both of em tnkx...
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2015
JigsawKillah:

word!
the only set of people speaking against NOUN are the ones. who are oblivious of it's activities. NOUN is the best around.
wat mks it best.....a veri curious mind sha
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2015
Chi59:
Proudly a student of NOUN! I can conveniently compete with any student in a coventional university.

NYSC or not, doesn't matter to me. It'll only slow me down.
tinkin of runnin my masters dere.
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Nobody: 9:32am On May 11, 2015
Gynacologist:
tinkin of runnin my masters dere.

That'll be good..But you must consider your pocket.
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Nobody: 9:47am On May 11, 2015
I don't know why many decide to display their ignorance on such a great forum as Nairaland.
There is a great difference between ODL(Open and Distance Learning) and part time studies. NOUN has a complete and comprehensive syllabus for its courses. An average student of NOUN can conveniently compete with any student in a conventional university.
NOUN students are known to be very hardworking since they don't receive as much lectures/facilitation as their counterparts in other universities. We have to work extra hard so that at least, we can be at par with them, if not better academically.
We all know that the average student in a state or federal university in nigeria face tough times especially from lecturers, but that is not the way it is supposed to be, especially in developed countries. We should not make the abnormal look normal and even accepted.
NOUN as nigeria's single largest institution in terms of population, has been able to provide thousands of nigerians with standard tertiary education.

2 Likes

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Nobody: 10:07am On May 11, 2015
For those saying that we should have gone to a conventional university instead of NOUN, you ought to be aware by now, that many of our federal and state universities are not fully equipped to admit the massive amount of students writting JAMB and apptitude tests each year. Many schools barely admit up to 30% of those that even passed both exams, so what happens to the rest?
NOUN was established not as an institution for part-time studies, but one that can provide comprehensive, convenient and affordable tertiary education, based on ODL system of education. Its flexible structure shouldn't be mistaken for an incompetent one. Like i said, we are known to be very hardworking and can conveniently compete with any student in a conventional university.
Pls get your facts right before displaying ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by haul: 12:41pm On May 11, 2015
coolhamid:
@op, do you know what I went through at the University of Nigeria , Nsukka to bagged my degree, it can never be compared to what NOUN graduates passed through...
It's not about sitting in front of a laptop to receive course materials, its about being on the campus to face professors and doctor in your chosen discipline..

Oga all na wash jooooor! Wetin you go through
Tell me one significant research you've contributed to nigeria commerce,art or science! Naso so book una dey carry up and down. With rubbish past questions! Is that what university is all about? University is all about research,I can bet it that your final year project can't be implemented into our enivrons.

Just some past work from people rephrased,reconstructed in a green book called Project mostly downloaded from internet, if you trying to brainwash any kid on this block about how rigorous nigeria education system is then you presumptions are invalid and vague in worst condemnation.
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by bilms(m): 2:22pm On May 11, 2015
smiley
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by jamesbridget13(f): 2:42pm On May 11, 2015
hhh
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by jamesbridget13(f): 2:44pm On May 11, 2015
Raxxye:

Babe, I see you!
raxxye sup?
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by itzWarner(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2015
phintohlar:
same here

You're sexy
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Raxxye(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2015
jamesbridget13:
raxxye sup?
I'm cool, Babe?
How market for PH?
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Habeyy(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2015
I bet it won't be because its NOUN or online learning school,it might be because they don't make or meet some or part of NYSC requirement(s) cos NYSC of a thing is now online ...even in there rules part time graduate are now allowed ...while filling out for batch C last year there was a drop down indicating whether full time or PT...so it might be for some other reason(s)

1 Like

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Habeyy(m): 4:35pm On May 11, 2015
haul:

Oga all na wash jooooor! Wetin you go through
Tell me one significant research you've contributed to nigeria commerce,art or science! Naso so book una dey carry up and down. With rubbish past questions! Is that what university is all about? University is all about research,I can bet it that your final year project can't be implemented into our enivrons.

Just some past work from people rephrased,reconstructed in a green book called Project mostly downloaded from internet, if you trying to brainwash any kid on this block about how rigorous nigeria education system is then you presumptions are invalid and vague in worst condemnation.
cheesy I like how u put d guy in his place ,wetin concern us with wetin no concern us ...telling us the story of how him dey struggle ,why him no go harvard or any private varsities around or does that makes him more qualified for NYSC. i don't even get his dull skull
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by jamesbridget13(f): 7:44pm On May 11, 2015
Raxxye:

I'm cool, Babe?
How market for PH?
good to hear
oh mehn its not funny in ph ooooo
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Raxxye(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2015
jamesbridget13:
good to hear
oh mehn its not funny in ph ooooo
Boys are not smiling at all...
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by phintohlar(f): 1:55am On May 12, 2015
itzWarner:

You're sexy
thanks
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 6:07am On May 12, 2015
Chi59:

That'll be good..But you must consider your pocket.
pocket aw do u min pls tro mo light?
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by jamesbridget13(f): 7:36am On May 12, 2015
Raxxye:

Boys are not smiling at all...
no be small thing o. but d rain is pouring down already.
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by itzWarner(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2015
phintohlar:
thanks

Can we Skype?if you don't mind
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by bilms(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2015
?
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 16, 2015
Gynacologist:
pocket aw do u min pls tro mo light?
Studying at NOUN is costlier than some federal/state universities, but cheaper than private universities
Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by Gynacologist(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2015
Chi59:

Studying at NOUN is costlier than some federal/state universities, but cheaper than private universities
na onli GOd go hlp man fo ds country....afta degree man no get work na masters wa pasin wan go add again..it is well...

3 Likes

Re: Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation by petomas(m): 4:01am On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=haul post=33629037]
Story for the gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos / OOU Lecturer Falls While Trying To Give A Practical Explanation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.