Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. (4107 Views)

Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake / You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC / Tips For Getting Your Business Name Approved With CAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by emekaxy: 6:29pm On May 10, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders,
I want to know the best way to handle this and also know if it will affect me in any way.

I paid a lawyer to process my CAC registration but at the end when the documents came out I found an error in my names,
Its supposed to be Salisu Muyiwa Chima but on the documents it bears Salisu Muyiwa Salisu.
I want to know if it will affect me during opening account and FIRS registration because it's taking more than 4months and the lawyer is still giving me stories.

Thank you
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Bolade005: 6:37pm On May 10, 2015
emekaxy:
Fellow Nairalanders,
I want to know the best way to handle this and also know if it will affect me in any way.

I paid a lawyer to process my CAC registration but at the end when the documents came out I found an error in my names,
Its supposed to be Salisu Muyiwa Chima but on the documents it bears Salisu Muyiwa Salisu.
I want to know if it will affect me during opening account and FIRS registration because it's taking more than 4months and the lawyer is still giving me stories.

Thank you
Yes it's going to affect you. You can make an affidavit pending the time the error is corrected by CAC.
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Terry1(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2015
It will sure affect you. My Wife had the same issue with her CAC registration December last year. Her name which is supposed to end with a "U" had a "Y" instead on the certificate documents. The bank refused to open her account.
I went back to the office in Makurdi, Benue State. I was told to write a letter explaining the issue and pay the sum of N1000 only.
The issue was corrected in a week, so I will advice you go to the CAC office yourself and inquire from them what to do. I don't think there is any need waiting on the lawyer who might delay you the more because of his busy schedules.
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by emekaxy: 5:37am On May 14, 2015
Thank you
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by CVWizards(m): 6:04am On May 14, 2015
The best you can do is to visit any branch of CAC yourself, there they'll correct the error. It might take a week or two. Besides you can visit this thread for an information you can't afford to miss: https://www.nairaland.com/2312852/revealed-35-things-must-business
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Nobody: 9:43am On May 14, 2015
Terry1:
It will sure affect you. My Wife had the same issue with her CAC registration December last year. Her name which is supposed to end with a "U" had a "Y" instead on the certificate documents. The bank refused to open her account.
I went back to the office in Makurdi, Benue State. I was told to write a letter explaining the issue and pay the sum of N1000 only.
The issue was corrected in a week, so I will advice you go to the CAC office yourself and inquire from them what to do. I don't think there is any need waiting on the lawyer who might delay you the more because of his busy schedules.
pls howmuch did it take her to open the account. Is it for MSME a Limited Liability?
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by arbitrage: 6:23pm On May 16, 2015
Interesting to see you combining Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo names together in one. Is it for real or just for company/account registration purpose?
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 16, 2015
emekaxy:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thank you
it will affect you. And I can correct it for you. Send me a pm.
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by emekaxy: 11:11am On May 18, 2015
I went to CAC office and they said they will correct only form 7 and 2 and it 4k each.....at op above me how do u intend to do the correction?
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by globallinkg(m): 4:20am On May 19, 2015
I think is take only 2month to doing the Correction

emekaxy:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thank you
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by neksummi(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
I wrote a step by step guide on how to register a business name with the CAC and I many people have asked similar questions to yours and I gave them detailed answers which I believe would be helpful to you and others.

https://nekslovewebsolutions.com.ng/step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-register-business-name-with-cac-in-24-hours/

You can drop further questions there if you have them.

All the best.
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Abbeytoy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2022
emekaxy:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thank you

Hope you're able to correct this? I am also having same issue, but when I get to CAC off3, I was told to go online... I haven't seen thier official site yet.

Please help me
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by knicks231: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2022
Abbeytoy:

Hope you're able to correct this? I am also having same issue, but when I get to CAC off3, I was told to go online... I haven't seen thier official site yet.

Please help me

You need to do post incorporation alteration for your name. Contact me.
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by Abbeytoy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
knicks231:

You need to do post incorporation alteration for your name. Contact me.

How do I contact you please?

Pls massage me abbeytoy20201@gmail.com
Re: Pls Help Mistake In My CAC Registeration Document. by stopthecycle: 9:31am On Feb 28
Please I need help with this as well

(1) (Reply)

Car Wash Biz / Paypal Payment / Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.