Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning (1354 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 / Fuel Liters Of Toyota Sienna 1999-2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 10:53pm On May 10, 2015
My customer brought his car to me and said that his car sworm a very big water,the abs light begins to flash,and whenever it starts flashing the gear will not select. His mechanic has done so many things and got tired and refer him to me, pls what could be the cause. Somebody help me out. As an electrician what do I do or check first. Thanks.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Kashif(m): 11:09pm On May 10, 2015
I don't understand. As an electrician who has a shop, you don't know where to start on this issue?

You may start with washing the tyres. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by DGD1(m): 11:09pm On May 10, 2015
r u an auto-mechanic?
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 11:19pm On May 10, 2015
Thanks Kashif God bless you

1 Like

Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 11:39pm On May 10, 2015
Still need help from a good mind
Experience is the best teacher
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54am On May 11, 2015
Izyokeke:
My customer brought his car to me and said that his car sworm a very big water,the abs light begins to flash,and whenever it starts flashing the gear will not select. His mechanic has done so many things and got tired and refer him to me, pls what could be the cause. Somebody help me out. As an electrician what do I do or check first. Thanks.
Boss no spoil dat car o!

Have you heard of a car scanner?
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 8:05am On May 11, 2015
Ofcourse nope registered code
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by kablooee: 11:40am On May 11, 2015
There's a probably a short in your vehicle, first disconnect the socket to the abs control module to isolate it. Yes might not have a code since but you can use live data.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Readonee35L(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2015
Lmao.
You one thy use person motor learn Diy.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by justi4jesu(f): 12:52pm On May 11, 2015
@OP go check on Youtube. cheesy
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 11, 2015
Readonee35L:
Lmao. You one thy use person motor learn Diy.
Lol, him wan use person motor+salary weave basket. grin
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 8:41pm On May 11, 2015
Big tank u to those who care to give one solution or the other, God bless u. To those who welcome me with abuses and u fill you knows everything may God reward you base on ur wishes to me. I am new here, but here is for electrical and mechanical gurus , pls I come to learn. Takia.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Kashif(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2015
Izyokeke:
Big tank u to those who care to give one solution or the other, God bless u. To those who welcome me with abuses and u fill you knows everything may God reward you base on ur wishes to me. I am new here, but here is for electrical and mechanical gurus , pls I come to learn. Takia.

You got the harsh responses because you claimed to be an auto electrician, and yet clueless on how to start with this seeming straight forward diagnosis. It would have been different if you were into DIY. And you did not notice my sarcasm (hope you did not go washing tyres!).

You need to learn before touching somebody's vehicle for repair please. Send the vehicle back biko!
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2015
Thank you Kashif, but I know dat u started with somebody's car. God bless
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 11, 2015
Izyokeke:

Kashif, oya come defend ya self... grin
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by aaidel(m): 3:45am On May 12, 2015
Izyokeke:

this is like a quack Dr saying even real Dr's practiced on other people guy if you are serious join an apprenticeship under someone that knows what they are doing and learn the basics.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Nobody: 6:16am On May 12, 2015
i have this same car and something similar to this problem, if in abuja lets roll.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On May 12, 2015
Izyokeke:

If you are in lagos bring the car ill teach you how to diagnose the problem.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Nobody: 6:29am On May 12, 2015
KennyEkenzy:
i have this same car and something similar to this problem, if in abuja lets roll.
[s]
If you're in Abuja, call me let's book appointment. But you must get a scanner and a multimeter.[/s]

Edited: i've changed my mind about helping you because i gave 24hrs despite my very busy schedule and you didn't call.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Kashif(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2015
Izyokeke:

I don't work on cars (yet).

lomomike:

Kashif, oya come defend ya self... grin

Omo, see me see wahala o grin
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by DECOtech(m): 1:49am On May 13, 2015
Izyokeke:

Since the car drove through a large puddle of water, first check the reluctor wheels (ABS rings) for debris. clean them up with pressurized air or water.

If symptoms persists, pls consult your doctor (the one that has a scanner) 08030938491
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2015
Big Thanks to u guys who try to offer help God bless you all, by his grace we will get there.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by blazetitov: 2:44pm On May 13, 2015
I think this guy should be encouraged. There is nothing wrong if he comes here to seek for expert opinion on challenges he is facing in the course of his duty. Lets try encourage people like OP lest Gazzuzz labels him another Kazeem.

@ Gazzuzz, e be like say you don dey do comedy as part-time work. Killing people's thread with nasty jokes!!
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On May 13, 2015
blazetitov:
I think this guy should be encouraged. There is nothing wrong if he comes here to seek for expert opinion on challenges he is facing in the course of his duty. Lets try encourage people like OP lest Gazzuzz labels him another Kazeem.

@ Gazzuzz, e be like say you don dey do comedy as part-time work. Killing people's thread with nasty jokes!!
GAZZUZZ:

If you are in lagos bring the car ill teach you how to diagnose the problem.

This was not a joke. Not every problem can be solved on cartalk.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Readonee35L(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2015
See people supporting the guy... How can a car enthusiast Say he does not even know where to start from in Fixing an Abs problem...
You think its by opening a shop and having scanner abi.. you should learn things in the right way... If na to learn well ,Graduate do freedom Good....
You come here open thread , you thy use person motor learn Diy... No hard feelings. We are all learners...
If you dont know what to do kindly tell the owner of the vehicle...
If its ur car now thats another case, infact tomorrow i can decide to turbocharge My pilots engine on my own by checking peoples work or from online forums
If i spoil am na my car... Nobody Will ever say shit to me about that

2 Likes

Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Readonee35L(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2015
My 2cents
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Izyokeke(m): 10:43pm On May 13, 2015
Thank you Kenny for cancelling ur appointment, from Portharcourt to Abuja is not easy that is why this is a forum, you can answer me or ask me to do this or that. Anyway you try because u try to help. God bless you.
Re: Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning by Nobody: 9:17am On May 14, 2015
Izyokeke:
Thank you Kenny for cancelling ur appointment, from Portharcourt to Abuja is not easy that is why this is a forum, you can answer me or ask me to do this or that. Anyway you try because u try to help. God bless you.

I cancelled my appointment with Kenny because we are both in Abuja and I have a very tight schedule.

(1) (Reply)

Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? / Cost Of Toyota Avensis 2005 Power Steering Pump? / Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.