Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy (1222 Views)

We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by teeebugs: 7:33am On May 11, 2015
The President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari has given an insight into how the incoming administration of the All Progressives Congress (APC) plans to deal with the many problems confronting the country when it assumes office on May 29.

While lamenting the downturn in the oil market and the continued loss of more than 400,000 barrels of crude oil daily through alleged official connivance, he said the new administration will turn attention to agriculture and solid mineral development as an alternative source of generating revenue for the country.
Buhari also spoke on the positive reaction of the international community to his victory at the polls, saying that even the United States President Barak Obama had expressed relief during a telephone conversation. “One of the relief I got was the telephone call I got from the President of the United States. I could feel the relief in their voices because they are people of conscience,” he said.
Buhari, who stated this when a delegation of Northern elders led by a former Nigeria’s permanent representative at the United Nations, Maitama Sule paid him a congratulatory visit in Abuja on Sunday, noted that the state of affairs with regard to the economy and other inherited problems demands a careful and gradual approach to be able to stabilize things.

“In the economy, we have to quickly turn to agriculture and mining because that is where you can do the quickest work and earn results. In other areas, you need to study them and dust all the books and studies and get people, experienced people, committed people and technocrats to come and help the government and identify priorities so that with what is available to us, we can quickly make our people realise their hope for the government they have chosen,” he said.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/buhari-how-well-bring-back-nigerias-economy/
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Basildvalour(m): 7:36am On May 11, 2015
I have really been waiting for this news as to making agriculture and other non-oil sectors of the economy as vital and given much attention as that if the oil sector.

Only then can our economy be better for it. I just pray this declaration will also be honestly engineered into motion.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Medley(m): 7:38am On May 11, 2015
Was the Economy exported before now? Cos i think i was not privy. What a Funny headline.

The obvious is that Buhari knows that the presidency position was won on a platter of Gold and he won't fail Nigerians, he will obliterare whatever it is that GEJ achieved.
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by temitemi1(m): 7:38am On May 11, 2015
We are waiting cool cool. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by wachakuta(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 7:44am On May 11, 2015
we are Watin Baba..

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Twaci(f): 7:49am On May 11, 2015
Nice one smiley
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by SuperSuave(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2015
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by abduljabbar4(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2015
This should put an end to the amnesty and 'na our oyel' shit. Nice one Buhari. Don't forget to build refinaries

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by abduljabbar4(m): 7:56am On May 11, 2015
Twaci:
Nice one smiley
$
Are you a Buhari supporter?
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by nwafuluozoh: 7:57am On May 11, 2015
Okay o. We dey wait. No be by mouth o. No room for promise and fail.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Twaci(f): 8:10am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
$
Are you a Buhari supporter?
I support anyone who wants the "betterment" of Nigeria. You?
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 8:14am On May 11, 2015
No more sai baba
Its now sai sai sai sai sai baba
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Mutuwa(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2015
Agriculture once kept the nation moving before oil was discovered.Na to go back farm be that..
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by abduljabbar4(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2015
Twaci:
I support anyone who wants the "betterment" of Nigeria. You?
Good, I will vote for you
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by QATOFIN: 8:19am On May 11, 2015
abeg time no dy, all this talk no go help us na action we want, we don hear this stories before when nothing happen, naija don wise nw na output we dy count no be english ... baba abeg no time ooooo!
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by DankemzI(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Just like that? SMH
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by mcquin(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2015
Hallelujah! I was getting choked up with the "na our oyel"; "we will ruin the economy" "pay our criminals in the creek money for being criminals" rants.

Invest in minerals and maybe subsequent administration will look into science.

It's always a long and tortuous walk to greatness.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Mynd44: 8:39am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
This should put an end to the amnesty and 'na our oyel' shit. Nice one Buhari. Don't forget to build refinaries
Dangote is already building a 400,000BPD refinery in Lagos. That is more(?) than the combined refining capacity of all the refineries in Nigeria and makes it the largest on the continent.

When we need to do is to fix the existing ones. So they wont keep wasting away

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Twaci(f): 8:39am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Thanks smiley. Have a nice day dear.
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by okiezman(m): 9:22am On May 11, 2015
Twaci:
Thanks smiley. Have a nice day dear.

Vote Twaci for miss nairaland LoL

1 Like

Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Twaci(f): 9:27am On May 11, 2015
okiezman:

Vote Twaci for miss nairaland LoL
cheesy thanks for your contribution jaare! Its appreciated.
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by AmucheJane(f): 10:27am On May 11, 2015
I believe in action
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by Chiaka(f): 10:53am On May 11, 2015
Better! look else where make Niger - delta oil rest small. Haba!
Re: Buhari: How We’ll Bring Back Nigeria’s Economy by okiezman(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2015
Twaci:
cheesy thanks for your contribution jaare! Its appreciated.

LoL

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Buhari Like London So Much? / One Of The Parents Of Missing Chibok Girls Dies / Newspaper Headlines, Thursday July 23, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.