Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Jonathan: My Ministers Will Be Persecuted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: My Ministers Will Be Persecuted (323 Views)

Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari / My Ministers And I Will Be Persecuted, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: My Ministers Will Be Persecuted by teeebugs: 8:08am On May 11, 2015
Barely 19 days to handover, President Goodluck Jonathan has given a hint of what he expects to happen to his ministers and other aides: he warned them they would be persecuted while some of their friends would desert them.

Jonathan, who made these remarks yesterday at a thanksgiving service organised in his honour at the Anglican Church, in Life Camp, Abuja, vowed that whether in or out of government, he was as prepared as ever to lay down his life for the greatness of Nigeria.

Jonathan also said he may have been denied his re-election bid because he took hard decisions in purging the country’s electoral process among other stiff reforms.

Recalling the story of the last apartheid ruler in South Africa who was divorced by his wife for accepting to abolish minority rule in the country, the president said, rather jokingly, that he hoped his wife would not also divorce him for accepting defeat in the last presidential election

The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, however, responded with a loud shout of “Nooooo” to a rapturous applause from the congregation.

Noting that more of his friend will desert him, Jonathan said, “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have run the government this way that stabilised certain things – the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country, they were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/jonathan-my-ministers-will-be-persecuted/
Re: Jonathan: My Ministers Will Be Persecuted by younghartz(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2015
Why nw?
Revenge?

(1) (Reply)

The Ben Bruce Phobia / The Stock Market Exchange - How You Raise Money To Build Your Company, By Airtel / Unknown Gumen Kidnap Three Women In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.