Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,404 members, 7,853,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape (974 Views)

Lagos Man Uses Facebook To Lure, Rape, Rob Ladies (photo) / Kano SARS Shoots Tochukwu Iro Dead, Newly Married Man For Refusing To Stop / Nigerian Lady Face Jail For Wrongly Accusing Two Men Of Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2015
Everydayicome online i see rape issues or kids molestation.i know there is no perfect country,but this is getting to much in Nigeria,i know we cnt actually stop rape,buh atleast reduce it to the lowest rate. Our ideas
and opinion matters..this is our country,we cant afford to let it be
like this...so how do u stop or reduce rape assuming your the president of this country.

lala247
pinkycute
Darkrebel666
krone
Mhizkel
kinglekan
ronaldiff
Tosyne2much
naijaboiy
ipledge
coogar

ccc lalastica
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by younghartz(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2015
Castration
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 8:41am On May 11, 2015
younghartz:
Castration
why? what are ur reasons of choosing castration?.sad
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Mhizkel(f): 8:43am On May 11, 2015
Some situations calls for drastic decisions..My sincere opinion, all rapists should be castrated..With that, other's intention of rape would be eradicated due to fear..Though, it might not really be of 100% help...but it will surely reduce the rate of rapes...
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Nobody: 8:45am On May 11, 2015
dunno. meanwhile please vote VICKYDERA2 for miss nairaland 2015
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Mhizkel(f): 8:54am On May 11, 2015
Vickydera2:
dunno. meanwhile please vote VICKYDERA2 for miss nairaland 2015
Maam please swerve to campaign thread! #No offence!
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2015
Mhizkel
post=33622229:

Some situations calls for drastic decisions..My sincere
opinion, all rapists should be castrated..With that, other's intention
of rape would be eradicated due to fear..Though, it might not really be
of 100% help...but it will surely reduce the rate of rapes...
Why castration.sad
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Mhizkel(f): 8:57am On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Why castration.sad
I explained it all in my post
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2015
[quote
author=Vickydera2 post=33622288]dunno.
meanwhile please vote VICKYDERA2 for miss nairaland 2015[/quote]someone contesting for Miss NL has no idea to contribute in such a
vital case and yet u wnt ous to vote for u...*Come force me collect vote na*

1 Like

Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2015
Mhizkel:

I explained it all in my post
your opinion will be hard to implement.
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Mhizkel(f): 9:04am On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
your opinion will be hard to implement.
It's not hard..Still preferable to killing! cheesy
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Nobody: 9:06am On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
someone contesting for Miss NL has no idea to contribute in such a
vital case and yet u wnt ous to vote for u...*Come force me collect vote na*
OK tell me how to reduce rape
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2015
Mhizkel:

It's not hard..Still preferable to killing! cheesy
i knw ts preferable to killing....but dt one sef bad o.cheesy
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2015
Vickydera2:
OK tell me how to reduce rape
u did nt even read the topic b4 jumping in...ur all about ur vote...the topic never ask me to tell u how to reduce rape...read the topic again and contribute ur own opinion...we expect u to be a lil bit intelligent...
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Mhizkel(f): 10:30am On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
i knw ts preferable to killing....but dt one sef bad o.cheesy
That's the best option my dear cheesy
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by kinglekan: 1:14pm On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Everydayicome online i see rape issues or kids molestation.i know there is no perfect country,but this is getting to much in Nigeria,i know we cnt actually stop rape,buh atleast reduce it to the lowest rate. Our ideas
and opinion matters..this is our country,we cant afford to let it be
like this...so how do u stop or reduce rape assuming your the president of this country.

Quite an interesting topic @ OP.

I think the issue of rape is definitely of major concern, although there is no where in the world where I think it has been completely eradicated. (Correct me if am wrong though).

Bringing this home to our country, I think there are quite a number of things that should be in place to help tackle and reduce the occurrence of rape.

Posters above have said these pervs should be castrated, but I think that would only be possible if the identity of the rapist is known in the first place.

In most cases the rape victims are not even aware, some are drugged, others are ganged raped and might not be able to identify the suspects cos of the trauma they had to go through.

One of the major things I would do would be to fully utilise technology. This cannot be over emphasised. This is a county of over 200Million people and yet we have no central database that can adequately provide necessary information about any Nigerian.

Creating a central data center that would be built on informations sourced from banks, telecoms, registry of births and deaths, immigration, population census, INEC etc. Plus any other government agencies or parastatals that has access to vital information.

Well the issue of how secured this data center would be, would definitely be another issue to talk about. But ofcause there would be a way to totally secure it and limit access to authorised personnel.

Combining this and a total reform of the Nigeria police force would help reduce the occurrence of rape. The police force reform would definitely come first, because building such a data center would take time, money and much bureaucracy.

Although I do not totally subscribe to the situation where castration would be the penalty for rapists. I think a very long sentencing with compulsory daily community service would serve as deterrent to others.

But then again the decision on what would be a befitting punishment would have to go through the lower and upper house of the national assembly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2015
kinglekan
post=33630018:

Quite an interesting topic @ OP.

I think the issue of rape is definitely of major concern, although there
is no where in the world where I think it has been completely
eradicated. (Correct me if am wrong though).

Bringing this home to our country, I think there are quite a number of
things that should be in place to help tackle and reduce the occurrence
of rape.

Posters above have said these pervs should be castrated, but I think
that would only be possible if the identity of the rapist is known in
the first place.

In most cases the rape victims are not even aware, some are drugged,
others are ganged raped and might not be able to identify the suspects
cos of the trauma they had to go through.

One of the major things I would do would be to fully utilise technology.
This cannot be over emphasised. This is a county of over 200Million
people and yet we have no central database that can adequately provide
necessary information about any Nigerian.

Creating a central data center that would be built on informations
sourced from banks, telecoms, registry of births and deaths,
immigration, population census, INEC etc. Plus any other government
agencies or parastatals that has access to vital information.

Well the issue of how secured this data center would be, would
definitely be another issue to talk about. But ofcause there would be a
way to totally secure it and limit access to authorised personnel.

Combining this and a total reform of the Nigeria police force would help
reduce the occurrence of rape. The police force reform would definitely
come first, because building such a data center would take time, money
and much bureaucracy.

Although I do not totally subscribe to the situation where castration
would be the penalty for rapists. I think a very long sentencing
with compulsory daily community service would serve as deterrent to
others.

But then again the decision on what would be a befitting punishment
would have to go through the lower and upper house of the national
assembly.

WoW! A Great Point indeed,but that will take alot of time,and the kind of rape we are experiencing now,we do know the rapist...so we need something fast before the data base stuff come up...
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2015
pls hlp move to FP,let pple share there opinion.tnx!

cc Lalasticalala
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by kinglekan: 2:05pm On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
WoW! A Great Point indeed,but that will take alot of time,and the kind of rape we are experiencing now,we do know the rapist...so we need something fast before the data base stuff come up...

Well that's why I also included a total reform of the NPF coming first.

This would include, training, setting proper criteria for recruitment (all these pot belle and skinny looking officers can't make any impact. ), ammunition and other gadgets.

The issue of remuneration is also another important thing to look into.
Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by danbrowndmf(m): 4:21pm On May 11, 2015
kinglekan
post=33631370:

Well that's why I also included a total reform of the NPF coming first.

This would include, training, setting proper criteria for recruitment
(all these pot belle and skinny looking officers can't make any impact.
), ammunition and other gadgets.

The issue of remuneration is also another important thing to look into.

Lmao...@pot belly police gt me laughing.cheesy

Nice Point bro

1 Like

Re: Assuming You Are The President,how Do You Intend To Stop Or Reduce Rape by Exponental(m): 8:02am On May 12, 2015
1. Min of Justice n Min of... social dev shld manage d issue 2. Sex education, law n consequences shld be introduced into d basic curriculum 3. ràpë shld av a big penalty.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Charged For Raping Sleeping Man / Man Arrested For Peeping At His Neighbour's Wife Bathing. / Woman And Daughter Slash Neighbour Face With Razor During Squabble (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.