Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,381 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise (24050 Views)

FG To Restructure, Recapitalise Boa With N500bn / NDIC Boss Urges Banks To Recapitalise / 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by ExInferis(m): 4:29pm On May 11, 2015
GudluckIBB:
How come Wema bank has meet it, meanwhile Union Bank has not.....I smell rigging in all of this.

Card reader failed.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by biznus: 4:52pm On May 11, 2015
SeunAero:
Owo ti jono ooo
jono owo Ow oo ti O o Owo oo ti O Owo oo owo jono
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by ikkkkk: 4:52pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=Keneking post=33631571]Ok--- "Access Bank, Diamond Bank, FBN Holdings, FCMB Group, Fidelity Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Zenith Bank, Wema Bank and Skye Bank Plc".

Where is Keystone, Enterprise Bank, Heritage Bank, Union Bank others undecided[/quote

Make CBN cool down oooo. This Era of people losing their jobs is not funny.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by ikkkkk: 4:55pm On May 11, 2015
atilla:

in guessing the ones that didnt make it remaining are

union
stanbic
keystone
unity bank
standard chartered
citi bank

if im wrong someone pls help me out. but peeps shouldnt fear they have time to submit plans and do the needful

p.s dont go and withdraw ur money from bank because of this news oo

Ecobank

1 Like

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by porka: 5:58pm On May 11, 2015
jjwaterfalls:
Eya!!!!
This will invariably add pressure on the marketers of these banks.
This is serious sad

[size=16pt]It's capital not deposit.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Sweetguy25: 6:08pm On May 11, 2015
atilla:

in guessing the ones that didnt make it remaining are

union
stanbic
keystone
unity bank
standard chartered
citi bank

if im wrong someone pls help me out. but peeps shouldnt fear they have time to submit plans and do the needful

p.s dont go and withdraw ur money from bank because of this news oo

Citi and Stanbic are some of the strongest banks in the country.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by drdams: 6:16pm On May 11, 2015
Boss13:
Before you guys adulterate this news, let me explain. These Banks are systemic important Banks. It means they are very important to the growth of the country or they are too big to fail. If they do fail, the negative outcome would be too much. These Banks are also referred to as First-tier Banks Category. Many of them has applied for the implementation of Basel II (Basel II just means capital adequacy or in layman's ensuring you have enough capital/equity and adequate risk appetite) and in implementing Basel II, you must grow or increase your capital to a certain ratio and that is what CBN is requiring the Banks to do - Give us a timetable to implement Basel II and increase your Capital.

If you follow the trend of events, you would notice that Diamond Bank offered right issues, I believe last year. Access Bank has done their right issue this year. I believe other Banks within the category will follow suit too. If the Right issues cannot raise the adequate capital, public issues would be made. However, the news does not mean that the financial institutions not mentioned are at risk.

nice. but the last time I checked, Diamond wasnt among the too big to fail banks. its nt a tier1 bank. fidelity neda.
Access GTBank Zenith FBN LTD are regarded as first tier.

Diamond is almost there

that the rest met the requirement of capitalization doesnt make them tier1

1 Like

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by porka: 6:32pm On May 11, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
This CBN governor, I wonder where they got him from...always making daft policies. Its just the marketers I pity sad

It's not the CBN governor's policy.

Banks are required to have enough capital relative to the amount of risk assets (loan) in their books.

Also, marketer don't raise capital, directors do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Lucasbalo(m): 6:48pm On May 11, 2015
kennygee:
My money is safe where it is. Fidelity.
I hope you have a lot of it because I lost few millions when Societe General went belly up. That's when I stop banking in Nigeria except my Domiciliary Account at Eco Bank. The banking system in Nigeria is not well regulated like the ones in US or Europe.

1 Like

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 11, 2015
porka:

It's not the CBN governor's policy.

Banks are required to have enough capital relative to the amount of risk assets (loan) in their books.

Also, marketer don't raise capital, directors do.

When the directors raise the capital, do you know the pressure that will now be on the marketers? The Nigerian banking industry is nothing to write home about nowadays
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by ericzzzz(m): 6:29am On May 12, 2015
I really like this. Its just that the deadline is really far.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Abee79(m): 8:58am On May 12, 2015
No need to worry about the possibility that your bank might fail, or that you might lose your money.

There is a Government Agency called Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) that is responsible for paying bank depositors their money if their bank fails. I think presently the maximum insured deposit is N500,000 (which covers up to 85% of bank depositors in Nigeria) in Deposit Money Banks and N200,000 for Other Financial Institutions (Microfinance Banks & Primary Mortgage Banks); and if you have more than that in your account, NDIC will pay you everything as it realises the assets of the failed bank and declares 'Liquidation Dividends'.

You can find more information about the NDIC and how your bank deposits are protected at: www.ndic.gov.ng
cool cool cool cool cool smiley

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by drdams: 2:44pm On May 12, 2015
Abee79:
No need to worry about the possibility that your bank might fail, or that you might lose your money.

There is a Government Agency called Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) that is responsible for paying bank depositors their money if their bank fails. I think presently the maximum insured deposit is N500,000 (which covers up to 85% of bank depositors in Nigeria) in Deposit Money Banks and N200,000 for Other Financial Institutions (Microfinance Banks & Primary Mortgage Banks); and if you have more than that in your account, NDIC will pay you everything as it realises the assets of the failed bank and declares 'Liquidation Dividends'.

You can find more information about the NDIC and how your bank deposits are protected at: www.ndic.gov.ng
cool cool cool cool cool smiley

O-Y-O

if u aint that boxed up. please divest ur funds. like 450k max with ur bank (if u smell shit)
thats if u do wema heritage unity or u tinking of joining savannah after re-emergence
But FBN Zenith GTBank wint fail. . not in the foreseable future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) / Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.