Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments (781 Views)

SGF: Ex-cpc Members Lobby For Tony Momoh, Galadima / Sambisa Forest; Photos Of Oby Ezekwesili, Lai Mohammed & Others In A Search Jet / Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by Johnnyessence(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2015
No fewer than five National Working
Committee (NWC) members of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) are jostling
for ministerial slots in the incoming
government of Major General Muhammadu
Buhari.
The members are: Senator Osita Izunaso,
National Organising Secretary (Imo State),
Chief George Moghalu, National Auditor
(Anambra State); Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
National Publicity Secretary (Kwara State);
Emmanuel Enukwu, National Vice Chairman,
South-East (Enugu State) and Ibrahim Jalo,
National Youth Leader (Gombe State).
According to a source, the members are
lobbying the APC National Chairman, Chief
John Odigie-Oyegun, to assist them to
realise their ministerial ambitions. While
Mohammed is finding it difficult to be
nominated by the leader of APC in Kwara
State, Senator Bukola Saraki, Izunaso is
said to be favoured by Imo State Governor,
Rochas Okorocha.
However, Enukwu is having a running battle
with the APC governorship candidate in
Enugu State, Okey Ezea, over the ministerial
slot for the state. But the national youth
leader’s ambition seemed to be enjoying
the support of the leader of APC in Gombe
State, Senator Danjuma Goje. Jalo was a
former local government chairman and
former President of the Association of Local
Governments of Nigeria (ALGON).
According to the source, the ministerial
hopefuls believed that to serve in the
cabinet of the incoming government would
be more profitable than remaining as NWC
members.
He stated that the party was battling to
convince Saraki to back Mohammed. Saraki
was said to have preferred former acting
National Chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Kawu
Baraje, for the ministerial position in the
state.
The party’s spokesman cannot be
nominated as Lagos State nominee as
Governor Babatunde Fashola and former
Lagos State Commissioner of Finance, Wale
Edun, are being considered for ministerial
slots Also, the president-elect has said he
would run a lean cabinet, therefore he
might not appoint ministers to represent
zones.
Source New Telegraph. www.newspunch.org/lai-mohammed-others-lobby-for-buharis-ministerial-appointments/
Re: Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by nwafuluozoh: 9:11am On May 11, 2015
Same old wine in a new bottle. Recycled garbage.
Re: Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:18am On May 11, 2015
I don't really like the manner at which APC wants ministerial positions to be given.

APC must not follow the path of PDP in giving ministerial positions as compensation.

I trust GMB anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by emperor003: 9:32am On May 11, 2015
Allow him to do his work
Re: Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by tociano009(m): 9:42am On May 11, 2015
grin
Re: Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments by Babacele: 4:14pm On May 11, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I don't really like the manner at which APC wants ministerial positions to be given.

APC must not follow the path of PDP in giving ministerial positions as compensation.

I trust GMB anyway!
y u dey believe some of these PDP e-rubbishes. Even if, the integrity of d candidate is what matters. Don't forget that it was a serious team work that produced this change, n I can bet you that whoever gets what in this administration would be well combed n would deserve it. I swear it ain't gona be business as usual in Naija anymore. Something strong tells me so. God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Hausa Community In Ekiti State Attacked / The First Nigerian In Diaspora Who Has Decided To Trek 7km For Buhari In London / The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.