Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Most Expensive University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive University In Nigeria (6150 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waleleader(m): 1:08am On Sep 12, 2006
i thought Covenant and Igbinedion are the most expensive universities in Nigeria, guess i was wrong.
i hear they pay up to 1.5 Million naira at AAUN (ABTI- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA)
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by gigitte(f): 4:37am On Sep 12, 2006
nah its less. about 900 grand. just read it in one article like so. tuition is $6,000 dollars per year, not including housing and food
also you dont have to pose at ABTI
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waleleader(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2006
@gigitte, whether its 900 grand or 1.5 million, its still the most expensive in Nigeria. I actually read this from Guardian newspapers and it says 1.5 million naira, i thot i was seeing things. Check my source http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/education/article01

I am really worried that education in Nigeria will soon be out of reach for the ordinary man with these crazy tution fees that private universities are charging.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by candylips(m): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2006
overprivatazation is evil angry
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by gigitte(f): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2006
kk, i also read the guardian, maybe i just missed that number. however education is expensive, if you want the best for your child, you have to plan ahead and cough up the money. abi you think buying laptop is cheap?

that is why the schools are private not public. what we should do is make the schools non-profit and set up an alumni association that will give back to the school, ensuring that costs are kept low.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 13, 2006
candylips:

overprivatazation is evil angry

There are the public schools for those who can't afford the private schools so there's no evil in privatization. You go to the ones you can afford. grin
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waleleader(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2006
Donzman:

There are the public schools for those who can't afford the private schools so there's no evil in privatization. You go to the ones you can afford. grin
thats if they admit you, innit.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by candylips(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2006
exactly cheesy
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waledudu(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2006
take it or leave it ABTI is second to non in nigeria.why go study abroad wen u have d best in ur country.wat a pity we cant all go 2 best skools.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by candylips(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2006
na wa o. i don see walelead, waleprof now waledudu
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2006
Rich people who would have bribed their way into public universities will now have private universities to go to. THis will free up space for poorer students. It is in the interests of every student for there to be as many universities as possible in the country. All intelligent people are in agreement on this.

"Overprivatization" is responsible for the acceptable level of secondary education in Nigeria. We want more.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waleleader(m): 11:57pm On Sep 13, 2006
candylips:

na wa o. i don see walelead, waleprof now waledudu
@candylips, do you not remember the laws of thermodynamics ? for every Walelead, there are opposite Wales who aim to be equal. The Lead-man still heads the pack

@seun, is it possible to change my username, i wanna be anonymous, a lot of folks know its me once they see walelead.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by dolliepie(f): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2006
as 4 mii,fed govt universities are still d best in nigeria.young bright students,fed uni is where they all go,i dont care if abti is d most expensive or not.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waleleader(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2006
@dolly-pie, everyone prefers Federal universities, but not everyone can score 400 in JAMB or know the VC's sister.
So the need to attend private universities
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by candylips(m): 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2006
wait ,  what makes federal universities the best. Their days are numbered when the new universities start attracting the best professors in the world and they start creating quality research. or better still attract the best professors from the fed uni now for there students
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by waledudu(m): 12:27am On Sep 15, 2006
@walelead&candylips, waledudu(dudu heritage)represents d gr8 black african heritage.as universities,federal uni stil remains d best in terms of lecturers&researches but 4 quality edu give it 2 private uni.
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by candylips(m): 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2006
but the private onces will steal the best lecturers form the fed univeristies. . .
Re: Most Expensive University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 4:17am On Jul 09, 2007
abti

(1) (Reply)

Riot In Uniabuja / 7 Powerful Lessons From The Movie 'MERLIN' (+ PICTURES) / ACCA Registration And Subscription Fees For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.