Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC (1550 Views)

My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari / Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara / Buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by wachakuta(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the incoming Buhari Administration will not persecute anyone, contrary to statements credited to President Goodluck Jonathan.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said, however, that those who have played poker with the nation’s destiny must be willing and eager to clear their conscience before man and God.

”That the President-elect is a man of integrity is not an issue for debate, and he has made it clear that he will not be bogged down by endless probes.

”However, the hands of the incoming government will not be tied by those who have chosen to play the victim and exhibit a persecution mentality. Whoever has any reason to be afraid must lay bare such reason before Nigerians,” the party said.

It said that under the climate of change that Nigerians have ushered in with their votes, only the guilty needs to be afraid, and those with a guilty conscience, on account of their actions in the public sphere, must clear such so they can be at peace with themselves.

”The last time we checked, this does not fit the definition of persecution,” APC said.

The party wondered why the President chose a public forum to express his fears when he could have done so privately during his meetings with the President-elect.

”Since the presidential election was won and lost, the President and the President-elect have met privately a number of times. Why didn’t President Jonathan express his apprehensions during these meetings?

”Even if the two have not met, the President could have reached out to the President-elect over any fears that he may be nursing, instead of engaging in an action that seems like he was being preemptive and seeking to curry public sympathy,” it said

APC insisted that the priority of the incoming government will be the welfare and security of the long-suffering people of Nigeria, and enjoined all citizens to support the Administration in charting a new path for the country – away from the rapaciousness and impunity of the past years.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary

All Progressives Congress (APC)
Abuja, May 11th 2015

http://www.apcpressreleases.com/buhari-administration-will-not-persecute/
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by socialmediaman: 11:54am On May 11, 2015
Of course, probe of fraudulent activity does not amount to persecution as long as it is done within the confines of the law, so Uncle Jona, if you have done nothing, fear not, but you know that we know that thing which you think we know, we know you know... grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by abduljabbar4(m): 11:54am On May 11, 2015
At least 5 people must be jailed!!
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by hopilo: 11:58am On May 11, 2015
Persecution and prosecution are two different thing.
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by seankafor(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2015
nothing will happen and life will go on.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 11, 2015
how can they probe when even the so called change people and buhari himself benefitted from corruption in this and past governments.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by ki02020(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2015
I dont believe it.......that is a trick to fool the looters from tidding up their mess
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2015
Lai spoke well here.
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by theV0ice: 12:32pm On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
At least 5 people must be jailed!!

I hope you're not referring to the 5 presidents OBJ mentioned in his book? wink

@the story, gej and his team should learn the difference between prosecution and persecution

Nigerians want the new govt to prosecute criminals, GMB isn't interested in persecution. I trust that is very clear

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by modath(f): 12:41pm On May 11, 2015
theV0ice:

I hope you're not referring to the 5 presidents OBJ mentioned in his book? wink

2 of the presidents will play the victim card and be pardoned, one is just a textbook economist who isn't really guilty of any wrongdoing save amateurism,while one has done a quick dash for the legislature.

The main president who is in "charge" & also dispenses cash from the "ATM" is the only one left holding the smoking gun. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Built2last: 12:50pm On May 11, 2015
Is it persecute or prosecute Bikonu...Make una no gimmee head ache for gbagaun
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by ibnjarir93(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2015
Simply put: "Mr Clueless" does not know the meaning of persecution.
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by theV0ice: 1:15pm On May 11, 2015
modath:

2 of the presidents will play the victim card and be pardoned, one is just a textbook economist who isn't really guilty of any wrongdoing save amateurism,while one has done a quick dash for the legislature.

The main president who is in "charge" & also dispenses cash from the "ATM" is the only one left holding the smoking gun. cheesy

Hahaha cheesy

I see.....in that case, whoever is in charge of their case should carry on cheesy
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Elslim: 1:24pm On May 11, 2015
cc lalastica
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by AAinEqGuinea: 2:37pm On May 11, 2015
socialmediaman:
Of course, probe of fraudulent activity does not amount to persecution as long as it is done within the confines of the law , so Uncle Jona, if you have done nothing, fear not, but you know that we know that thing which you think we know, we know you know... grin

Probe to assassinate character? I see no other purpose

I think GEJ played the saint role well enough to where any accuser will look like the bad guy
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by socialmediaman: 2:46pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Probe to assassinate character? I see no other purpose

I think GEJ played the saint role well enough to where any accuser will look like the bad guy

Have you forgotten that Abacha was a saint till he died suddenly and his financial crimes were uncovered? The reason people will hate GEJ more is that even as he was being corrupt, he was playing saint till the last day, 2ndly, if Buhari achieves so much even with little left, people will realize the kind of demons they've been dealing with...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Lanretoye(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2015
U don hear,Oga Jo dem say dem no go persecute but dem fit prosecute sha oo.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by AAinEqGuinea: 3:34pm On May 11, 2015
socialmediaman:

Have you forgotten that Abacha was a saint till he died suddenly and his financial crimes were uncovered? The reason people will hate GEJ more is that even as he was being corrupt, he was playing saint till the last day, 2ndly, if Buhari achieves so much even with little left, people will realize the kind of demons they've been dealing with...

Two realities I hold to be true. Buhari will have to be corrupt to an extent himself, a pessimistic outlook created by the atmosphere of just about every political system on the planet. Thus a probe of GEJ would be hypocritical power move at best but could be a necessary crack down on corruption. Buhari knows of the corruption, but a crackdown brings attention to it and ultimately controls the appetite of it.

I'm in the US, the Obama administration had the opportunity to probe Obama's predecessor George Bush's administration on providing potentially illegal authorization to brutishly torture detainees in Afghanistan, Iraq and at Guantanamo Bay. Long story short, the Obama chose to probe the actions of the previous administration, the report incriminated many officials including the former President, but the report did nothing to bring those responsible to justice on one of the most unprecedented violations of human rights in modern history. Later we've learned Obama's foreign reaches new technological levels of cruelty with "legal" drone strikes on foreigners and legal US citizens abroad who fit a meager subset of a signature.

Obama did nothing because his foreign policy was hardly different than his predecessor's, we've learned. Sadly corruption wont end with GEJ, but it will be interesting to see how close and controlling Buhari is when dancing with demons. like obama, buhari's handling of GEJ's potential criminal engagements shows for now how far he'll allow himself to be pushed
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by Samunique(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2015
Any corrupt officials should be probed, and that should be the hall mark of a sane society that wants progress.

Nevertheless, GEJ however was not talking about the fear of being probed by the incoming govt so let Mr liar Muhammed not twist his word as usual, or liar Muhammed cannot differentiate between persecution and probe?

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by socialmediaman: 4:07pm On May 11, 2015
Absolutely right. The way I see Buhari handling this is, empower the EFCC and let them do their job, enact the whistleblowing act and no probe occurs till someone blows a whistle, like Sanusi did in the oil sector.. And then he focuses on his own officials and tightens other loose ends deliberately left to siphon money without being caught...

AAinEqGuinea:

Two realities I hold to be true. Buhari will have to be corrupt to an extent himself, a pessimistic outlook created by the atmosphere of just about every political system on the planet. Thus a probe of GEJ would be hypocritical power move at best but could be a necessary crack down on corruption. Buhari knows of the corruption, but a crackdown brings attention to it and ultimately controls the appetite of it.

I'm in the US, the Obama administration had the opportunity to probe Obama's predecessor George Bush's administration on providing potentially illegal authorization to brutishly torture detainees in Afghanistan, Iraq and at Guantanamo Bay. Long story short, the Obama chose to probe the actions of the previous administration, the report incriminated many officials including the former President, but the report did nothing to bring those responsible to justice on one of the most unprecedented violations of human rights in modern history. Later we've learned Obama's foreign reaches new technological levels of cruelty with "legal" drone strikes on foreigners and legal US citizens abroad who fit a meager subset of a signature.

Obama did nothing because his foreign policy was hardly different than his predecessor's, we've learned. Sadly corruption wont end with GEJ, but it will be interesting to see how close and controlling Buhari is when dancing with demons. like obama, buhari's handling of GEJ's potential criminal engagements shows for now how far he'll allow himself to be pushed

1 Like

Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by baralatie(m): 4:34pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

buhari dancing with demons!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by AAinEqGuinea: 4:56pm On May 11, 2015
baralatie:

buhari dancing with demons!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!

Nothing personal against Buhari. He can't control corruption without, in some degree, indulging or tolerating corruption.
It's the dogmatic nature of politics, which we know is synergetic to Business... We're all inconveniently aware of big (and small) interests in politics, for starters. Buhari decides how he'll control the sectors' appetites, if he's too aggressive with reform, it can get ugly, if he's too loose... well, see GEJ. They'll have to see Buhari (and Nigeria) as worth the sacrifice, and we can all question nigeria's private sectors' investment in Nigeria... see fuel crisis for starters.
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Nothing personal against Buhari. He can't control corruption without, in some degree, indulging or tolerating corruption.
It's the dogmatic nature of politics, which we know is synergetic to Business... We're all inconveniently aware of big (and small) interests in politics, for starters. Buhari decides how he'll control the sectors' appetites, if he's too aggressive with reform, it can get ugly, if he's too loose... well, see GEJ. They'll have to see Buhari (and Nigeria) as worth the sacrifice, and we can all question nigeria's private sectors' investment in Nigeria... see fuel crisis for starters.
you have a point but Nigeria politics does not entir Ely work they you project it.
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by sammyj: 5:05pm On May 11, 2015
GMB government will not persecute but prosecute past criminals and corrupt leaders especially in this current clueless administration. Shikena !!!! shocked cool cool
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by AAinEqGuinea: 6:01pm On May 11, 2015
baralatie:

you have a point but Nigeria politics does not entir Ely work they you project it.

I'm certainly inclined to accepting a potential miscalculation of my analysis of Nigeria's current political and socioeconomic state.

Considering the high caliber of native and foreign Nigerians, I hate seeing Nigeria's leadership get the country's foot stuck yet again in an unending cycle of 3rd world problems, Nigerians having to run yet again to thrive. I want to join in the jubilation and encourage Nigerians who have a renewed sense that hope and change is truly on the way, but also help to candidly face the insurmountable challenges like corruption which overwhelmed and overtook GEJ and plenty others, I can't believe Nigerians would foolishly believe these challenges won't confront GMB as well. Lofty, but doable, promises of the Naira matching the dollar, the private sector's cooperation is needed to firstly align their vision with GMB's which is a gamble for the private sector, who'd want to play a risk and gamble when you can play by the old rules that worked, turning GMB into a puppet like GEJ. GMB's presidency is short-lived, Nigerian's private sector company isn't, and I highly doubt Buhari would want him or his family to not cash in for the long run, using the mirage of Change like that hasn't already been tried (obama). Even GEJ wasn't dumb enough to NOT cash in as he departed, he's financially set for life -- it was by design no one including PricewaterhouseCoopers recovered the lost billions. Smart move for GEJ. We're now learning GEJ wont potentially face justice, just a shaming at best. I could understand buhari's move here, in the last few months GEJ has successfully beatified his image. You only need respect from a few, but you (and family) need money forever. Let's see how Buhari dances with his demons when it comes to change and policy, maybe making GEJ an example?

I'm really hoping for the best for Nigerians, plz let me know if my analysis is needlessly hyperbolic. smiley the mother Teresa complex that no one lives by, especially a politician
Re: Breaking:buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC by tonytony208(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2015
socialmediaman:
Of course, probe of fraudulent activity does not amount to persecution as long as it is done within the confines of the law, so Uncle Jona, if you have done nothing, fear not, but you know that we know that thing which you think we know, we know you know... grin

I don't think there is anything out of place in what gej said. He said they should probe him of they like and if not, they should shut up. Why is lier Mohammed now singing a different tune? I guess they were caught unaware by that heroic and bold statement from gej. They were either expecting him to be begging or to run away. But now that he faced them squarely and told them to their faces, they are now trying to do damage control.

(1) (Reply)

Google Got The Right Answer To Nigeria Fuel Scarcity. (see Pic Proof) / The Real History Of Malcolm X. No Reinvention. Lol. / APC Youth Demands For His Money Back From Buhari [screenshot]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.