Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

This App Lets You Root Almost Any Android Device With One Click - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This App Lets You Root Almost Any Android Device With One Click (1449 Views)

Whatsapp Now Lets You Pin Your Favourite Chats On Top / How Do You ROOT Tecno 8h Droid? / How To Unroot Your Android Device Using King Root (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This App Lets You Root Almost Any Android Device With One Click by Dotng: 2:02pm On May 11, 2015
This app lets you root almost any Android device with one click

A Chinese app which is not available in the Play Store is offering Android users a new luxury - rooting devices with one tap. The app, called KingRoot 4.0, was used in a new YouTube video to root a Verizon Galaxy Note 4 running Android Lollipop.

The app can be downloaded at Kingroot.net. Just visit the website on your phone and tap the blue button. The app will begin to download, but you will need to tick the "unknown sources" box in your Android "Security" menu. As Google has not verified this app, AndroidPIT advises readers to be aware of the risks associated with installing apps from unknown sources. Read this article for information on Android app permissions and what they mean.

So, is KingRoot 4.0 safe? The video uploader says in the comments that “it won't mess up your phone,” but “it may send your info to China.” We haven't tried the app ourselves yet, and we’re skeptical about its inherent capabilities. There are a vast number of hoops to jump through to root any device, let alone carrier-specific models. That being said, it appears to work in this video, so maybe it is possible.

Let us know in the comments below if you have any success with this app. The permissions it requests look relatively standard for an app that roots your device, but remember that rooting your smartphone will void your warranty.

http://www.androidpit.com/kingroot-app-lets-you-root-any-android-device-in-one-tap?utm_source=DailyNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150511_DN

Re: This App Lets You Root Almost Any Android Device With One Click by beinstein(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2015
Thanks a bunch OP. ......
I've done everything humanly, earthly and heavenly possible to root my LG optimus vu ii f200s after i upgraded to Android 4.4.2 without success.
Saw your thread earlier on and decided to give it a shot, Viola!!!! The device is now rooted.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Mtn Annoying(spam) Messages / My Experience With Phone Rooting / How To Renew Mtn Music Plus Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.