Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,541 members, 7,827,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri (1975 Views)

100 Slangs You Should Know When You Are In LAGOS. / 7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC / Street Slangs You Must Know When You Are In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by Rapmoney(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2015
Area! Area!! Areeeeaaaaaaa!!! I hail o! I created this thread for anyone who is visiting Warri, especially, for the first time. In order for you not to be caught unaware, you need to get to know some facts about Warri which might seem funny but true! Also know that this town is not the capital of Delta State but it is more popular than the capital, Asaba!!! Here we go:

1) Warri people love fight more than quarrel grin. When you are in the Oil City, stir clear from trouble because you might quickly get up to 10 years beaten out of your life grin. A Warfi guy fit slap you even before completing the statement 'I go slap you o!' grin.

2) Don't ever take a 'regular' Warri babe to an eatery on a date!!! Instead, take her to a beer parlor. Before she consumes 2 bottles of beer, she must have gotten high (for babes that take alchohol). If she is not the alcoholic type, say the one that takes maltina, if she consumes more than 2 bottles or cans, na jedi jedi she dey find cheesy. Ignore this advice at your risk! If you take a warfi babe to an eatery, be sure that she would want to taste everything that the eatery has on their menu! If you meet the kpako babes, na one chance be dat grin. Na wickedness warfi girls dey use wack person money finnish for eatery o! grin

3) If you meet a babe for the first time, try as much as possible to know where she stays before you go to her area to look for her in order not to get 'obtained' (robbed) by bad guys. This is only applicable to the kpako ones shacheesy. Do not go to the following areas if you nor strong like Hankook or Vuga: Alaka, JJC, Ekpan, Orumaro and Jakpa Junction grin.

4) Unlike Lagos where people scramble to enter commercial buses, Warri is very different. Don't hurry; take your time cheesy. When you stop a bus or keke, just stand where you are, the bus or keke will reverse and park in front of you if the distance between you and the bus or keke is much grin.

5) If you must steal in Warri, make sure you are never caught because if deh catch you ehn, na tyre with fuel go end am! Even if there's no tyre available, a motorist nearby would definitely and gladly volunteer his spare tyre grin

6) Warri guys are very sharp! Don't take them for fools or else you'd end up being the fool and feeling sorry for yourself cheesy.

7) When you are in Warri, you need to be very attentive when people are talking or else you'd end up not understanding a single statement because most Wafarians speak in a rapid way and they hardly pronounce their words completely; 'brother' is 'bra' and 'make I go' is 'maa go' grin

Oya all my Warfi guys and babes, make una nor dull una guy o! grin

Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 11, 2015
8. Look or listen very well before you run
When at a crime scene or whenever you hear the chanting of Oleh! Oleh!! (meaning thief! Thief!!), my guy, nor carry run oo
First thing, make sure you know what`s on ground or know what`s happening before you take off like Usain Bolt. But if you do (that`s if you run any how without being aware of the gbeghe on ground) . . . My guy, I`m overly sure that you won`t live to tell what transpired another day.
Story : There was a story of a man who had a serious brawl with his wife, after which the man annoyingly went out from the house and then the foolish wife started calling her husband, on top of her voice. . . thief! Thief! Without stopping. . . You know Naija women with their bad mouth na! Haba!
The mumu man, just rush to enter bike. . .
My people, na so angry men wey dey para, emerge from nowhere come begin finish guy man with beating (in mortal kombat it`s known as Brutality!) - clubbing, blows, uppercuts and planking coming from all direction. They almost won initiate tire burning style, not until the police arrived at the scene to stop the gbeghe!
My friend, when in Naija, especially in WARRI, look before you leap!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by kowema(f): 3:35pm On May 11, 2015
Make I also add...
Don't ever pick a call at Enere Junction cus dem go thief plus ur ear join. The moment u enter Warri, remove ur gold chain from ur neck ...Advice no be curse
Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by redvektor(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2015
I jos hate anyfin delta state very rude set of people
Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 11, 2015
redvektor:
You say?
Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by Rapmoney(m): 4:19pm On May 11, 2015
kowema:
Make I also add...
Don't ever pick a call at Enere Junction cus dem go thief plus ur ear join. The moment u enter Warri, remove ur gold chain from ur neck ...Advice no be curse
grin Area!!! U correct!
Re: 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri by Rapmoney(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2015
redvektor:
Nor let area hear u o! Deh go flog u till u confess! grin

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Nigerians Living In Ghana / Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? / Garki District, Abuja – A Simple Intro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.