Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,153 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora (1988 Views)

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? / How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? / Extremely Beautiful Photos Of Nigeria You Will Find Hard To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nigerians in diaspora, come share ur xperience. Well, not all of us are born into d typical ajebo home whre u go on vacations abroad every holiday, some of us just found ourselves where we ve been destined to be even if we never ever thought about it at first.
So to cut the story short, these r d habits I found hard to break when I first got outsie
- asking for 'nylon' and getting d stare like ' what do u mean' when I actually meant 'plastic bag'
- boarding a public bus holding an amount more than d fare and thinking I'd collect 'change' from d driver
- and *im so ashamed bout dis one buh I b typical ib girl now) thinking they'd be a place I'd go to 'lo ata' (grind pepper)
Can't remember all for now, but I'm waiting for others to share their views as well

4 Likes

Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Fireson: 12:07am On Oct 11, 2015
Did the nylon thingy too but later adjusted to plastic bag.
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yes
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Obinnio: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
enieme:
Nigerians in diaspora, come share ur xperience. Well, not all of us are born into d typical ajebo home whre u go on vacations abroad every holiday, some of us just found ourselves where we ve been destined to be even if we never ever thought about it at first.
So to cut the story short, these r d habits I found hard to break when I first got outsie
- asking for 'nylon' and getting d stare like ' what do u mean' when I actually meant 'plastic bag'
- boarding a public bus holding an amount more than d fare and thinking I'd collect 'change' from d driver
- and *im so ashamed bout dis one buh I b typical ib girl now) thinking they'd be a place I'd go to 'lo ata' (grind pepper)
Can't remember all for now, but I'm waiting for others to share their views as well
and the change issue,how did you sort that out when paying for pub transport,if you have more that the fare won't they balance you,
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Obinnio:
and the change issue,how did you sort that out when paying for pub transport,if you have more that the fare won't they balance you,
if u have more than d fare u either do charity I. E drop d whole amount in d fare box or find someone on d bus that can change it for u
If d amount isn't much, den u cud just forfeit it. But if ia much, then y not just take a taxi?
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fireson:
Did the nylon thingy too but later adjusted to plastic bag.
yea, most of us do that.
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
20132014:
Yes
yes but u still have to share ur xperience. Don't be shy, we r Polly guilty as well
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Fireson: 2:40am On Oct 13, 2015
enieme:

yea, most of us do that.

grin
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by BOWOTO(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
mine was when I wanted to cross the road, I was in front of a zebra cross, but I was still waiting for the road to clear before crossing, I dint Wana risk it, don't blame me, blame my country lol
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
BOWOTO:
mine was when I wanted to cross the road, I was in front of a zebra cross, but I was still waiting for the road to clear before crossing, I dint Wana risk it, don't blame me, blame my country lol
lol. Reminds of d sow I watched last night. They baby face acting as one of those naija polititicaiqns. Talking about dat zebra crossing thingy and what it means here in naija.
Mine was that I used to break that rule Although I make sure I use the zebra crossing but even when the light still hasn't turned green I cross as long as the coa st is clear.

1 Like

Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by fittty(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
So true. Remember going into a liquor store and asked for Nylon. Lol. Told him we call it Nylon back in Naija. He laughed and said he learnt something new about Nigeria today.
- Another one is Petrol instead of Gas.
- Went to Burger King. After finishing Na so I leave every for the table like say i dey Mr Biggs for naija. People just dey look me say you no go clean up your sh*t before you Waka comot.
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by gmacnoms(m): 1:52am On Oct 23, 2015
I'll have dis experiences someday... sooner than later
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by BIDEEN: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2015
Mine was after drinking some beers I was asking my guys when are we returning the bottles....lol
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2015
fittty:
So true. Remember going into a liquor store and asked for Nylon. Lol. Told him we call it Nylon back in Naija. He laughed and said he learnt something new about Nigeria today.
- Another one is Petrol instead of Gas.
- Went to Burger King. After finishing Na so I leave every for the table like say i dey Mr Biggs for naija. People just dey look me say you no go clean up your sh*t before you Waka comot.
funny enough, when I first went to an African restaurant there and tried clear in my plate. They we're just staring at me like warris dis one doing
Re: Naija Habit You Found Hard To Break When U First Got Into Diaspora by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2015
gmacnoms:
I'll have dis experiences someday... sooner than later
Yeah i hope so for u bro

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Familiar With Ikosi Ketu Lagos? / My Dear Abuja People, How Far Is Zuba From Wuse Zone 5? / Things You Need To Know As A Msc Graduate In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.