Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever (13607 Views)

The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos / My Journey Across West Africa...from A Ghanaian Traveler / Journey To Waterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by ademega(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2015
SHARE THE MOST TEDIOUS TRIP YOU EVER MADE.

Mine was during my NYSC days. I had my orientation exercise in Fika camp in Yobe State but the place of primary assignment was in Adamawa. After the Yobe camp, we were set for Adamawa. The affected coppers boarded various buses going to Adamawa, NYSC Yola camp precisely. My bus left Fika 1pm and less than one hour into the journey we saw "welcome to Adamawa" sign post ,I was even happy that we were into a very short trip compare to how I got to Yobe State from Lagos few weeks ago. A trip that took me two full days .To cut the long story short , we got to NYSC camp in Yola 10pm! We stayed overnight in the mosquitoes filled rooms before we proceeded to our various places of primary assignment. I was posted to Maiha local government. Another journey that took us four good hours from the capital city in Yola to Maiha local government. I was like; this is the punishment of not being a regular tithe payer from the little job I got before coming down for the NYSC. Not knowing that was the beginning of my journey predicaments.
After few days in my village( a village I have never imagined in my whole life) and going through the normal registration, I decided to go back to Lagos and pack my loads for final preparations to stay in my village, where there was no portable water , network and other social amenities . I asked the villagers how to get a bus going to Lagos. They told me I could only get a direct bus in Yola that if I want to go from MUBI I would need to take a bus down to Jos then from there to Lagos. They equally said if I wanted to get to Jos on time I would need to go with the first bus in MUBI . I got a bike man ( ashaba) and negotiated with him to come and pick me as early as 5 am .The following morning the bike guy came as planned and took me off from my village . It was about one hour trip to MUBI .6am I was their at the park .fortunately I was the first person that came. I met with the conductor; i told him where I was going and asked for the price which he told me. I guess it was N3, 500 then. I took the best and most convenient corner in the small old bus. Before 6:30 am the bus was filled and people that came after were directed to the next bus. I brought out my money so that I could pay like we use to do in Lagos parks when the bus is filled and about to move. The conductor just came around and made announcement that we should all bring out our ticket I was like ticket ke? He said someone was in the bus that was yet to get a ticket.At the end of the day I was the one . so, they ask me to get down to allow the man with a the ticket to enter . They later told me to enter the next bus with just two people inside . I was furious, I had to tell them that i was new in the environment and I didn't know that was their practice - to get ticket before boarding the bus. I told them as they could see am a copper (in full 7/7) that I just came around and travelling for the first time . More also, if I should miss this bus then I would get to Jos late and I don't know anybody in Jos. People got into the argument; someold coppers in the bus and other passengers blamed the conductor for not giving me the right info when I approached him for my trip. Thereafter, the driver and some other drivers met and they decided to reduce my transport fare but would need to sit behind the driver sit on top of the engine! I was happy for two things: one was going with the first bus as earlier planned and reduction in my transportation fare budget which I later regretted.
We started the journey and I was enjoying it for like 20 minutes before I noticed a man sitting beside me also on the engine. He was facing a woman which we later discovered she was his wife. The woman should be in her 50s and the man should be close to 60. The woman made this cough sign as if she wanted to vomit and immediately the man dipped his hand into the small bag in his hand and brought out a small nylon as if he wanted to vomit and immediately the man dipped his hand into the small bag in his hand and brought out a small nylon as if he wanted to give the woman to do the vomiting there. I was like," kilo fe sele ?" .I saw dozen of that nylon inside the bag the man was holding . I was just like make bad thing no happen for this journey oh. The woman became normal and the man returned the nylon inside the bag and my heart was at rest that this journey must be sweet ke. As I was looking left and right admiring the beautiful landscapes along the way, the woman made a similar sound like the early one and the man too dipped his hand to bring out the nylon , within some seconds nylon don full brekete with vomit. The only thing I could say was “Sonu (one of the few Hausa language I just learnt) while others were communicating in Hausa. I was just looking. While I was wondering maybe the woman could be sick or pregnant at that age. I was also wondering if that could be a normal scene travellers do experience in this part of the country. While this thought was going on in my mind, another vomit Don land for inside Lyon. Before I could think further, another one. When we got to Song town we came down and bought water and a man in the bus recommended she uses a drug which was bought for her in a chemist. After that, we continued with the journey and I was praying that should be the end. My people, that was just the beginning. Later my prayer was that she shouldn't even die inside the bus. Thank God I was sitting close to the window . Most of the times when vomiting was on going inside, my head would be stuck outside receiving fresh air while the other body enjoy the rest. . Those people that were not staying close to the window suffered the most . They shared in every of the splits .To cut the story short ,that was how she did till we got to Bauchi before husband and wife got down and we had a relief not without a very foul smelling bus and passengers alike. Some were of the opinion that it was due to phobia which the couple was quite aware of . We got to Jos 3pm. Immediately I got to Jos, I went to meet some women and asked for soap and water to wash my hands and face.
In Jos park (terminus) ,I was told the next bus would take off by 8pm. I was just praying all these their senseless killings would not start again that day.
By 8:30 we took off, it was their I noticed my buttock had been badly affected due to the engine I sat on for over 13 hours. The bus was this J5 bus. It would have been a better idea to either trek or take a bicycle than the bus. I have never seen such a slow motion trip. Every other moving thing on the road over took our bus. That was my first night trip. I couldn't talk ,smile or think of anything than the journey . For every flash of touch light was the thought of armed robbers . Finally, 9 am we got to Lagos. When I got home I was just looking at everybody like mumu. For hours I was not making any sensible responses to questions and conversations which was unusual of me.
For good three days, I couldn't use my bottom to sit. I was either sleeping or walking around.
I told my people not to expect me home until after my service year which I kept to.

Share your worse trip experience.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 11, 2015
Mine was when I went to kano with my boss from lagos, my mind was that he was driving and immediately he picked me up he said oboy you are driving throughout, I wan swear for am that day, the worse was that he was snoring while sleeping

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by ademega(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2015
vichks:
Mine was when I went to kano with my boss from lagos, my mind was that he was driving and immediately he picked me up he said oboy you are driving throughout, I wan swear for am that day, the worse was that he was snoring while sleeping
grin grin
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Davidoff2000: 11:08pm On May 11, 2015
Lol@ dat nysc journey

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 12:32am On May 12, 2015
During NYSC too
I was going from a SE state to Maiduguri
......(sometimes I get car sick....but for reason I did not get car sick the first time I went to Maid.)
So I thought to do it again after the Christmas break

Shortly after we passed 9th Mile, Enugu...before Benue..the warnings started--- the slow burn of nausea and brain weakness...I dunno what to call it now
And still in Enugu/Benue
The horrible carsickness continued until we reached a town before a place called "Forest"
I dont remember the name of the town, or outpost...I was that sick
It seemed like it took fifty hours before we got there
I was not aware of places we passed, whether we stopped or not

....but I think we stopped at that place, or I told them to stop, I do not remember
I just remember seeing a Lawd! chemist shop!
I do not recollect leaving the bus....I do not remember how I entered the shop...or what I said to the druggist to make him give me an injection....
I remember being in the bus, finding a vein on my left hand....and stabbing myself real quick with the needle to get a fix of the drug....just like a junkie cheesy

My poor neighbour, a guy who had been saying things I do not remember "blanched". at the deed....still dunno what he said
I remember excusing myself to him that I was going to sleep very gracelessly....before zonking out
The sleep of the unconscious....
With the first waking, we were at Potiskum, and the nausea was blessedly gone
However the sleep continued
Luckily I had someone at the park waiting, and I fell right into his waiting, saving hands...
Poor guy who sat near me, he thought he had made a catch....then he had to watch me puke into a bag, twice...while he held bags
Then to make matters worse....he saw a weaker vessel stab herself with a needle, just like the queen of vampires ....or something
Of course he was my pillow thruout
And I did not look at his shirt....
lipsrsealed
Poor, poor guy

It is amazing how little I remember of an 18 hour journey....apart from seeing a drug store and excusing self to puke and sleep...maybe the guy took me to the shop, I dont remember.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by lilwayneme(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2015
I'm coming

preparing my story
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by lonelydora: 9:55pm On May 12, 2015
Most tedious: Port Harcourt to Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State.

Farthest: Port Harcourt to Illela, Sokoto
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by kcynho(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2015
See write-up weh person get mind post here,pity ppl nah,we're all bizy liv seh we deh regular hia,haba! #BookOfMyBibleStory
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by tohpahz(f): 9:56pm On May 12, 2015
I will be back.. let me type..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Edwardhead(m): 9:57pm On May 12, 2015
vote tophaz
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by ademega(m): 9:57pm On May 12, 2015
Front page .....
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Mcowubaba: 9:59pm On May 12, 2015
I was travelling from Dubai to Nigeria, on my way back, our plane spoilt, we stopped in Singapore to repair it, we took off again, the plane spoilt againcheesy, we stopped in Mexico to repair itsad..we took off again, as i am talking to u now the Plane has Crashedsad....this just happened now...i heard we are in Cementary rd Aba nw....pls we need helpsad

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by lekjons(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2015
can't waste my time typing or reading epistles!!
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by BUSHHUNTER: 10:01pm On May 12, 2015
[b]Firstly I give God the glory for being alive to share this Tragicomedy trip of mine.....Clear throats, After my session break in Unilorin which is long vacation I decided to go home [lagos] by train...So I entered a cab from sanrab tanke to challenge (challenge in ilorin is where the train normally moves from) on getting to challenge I decided to withdraw some cash at oceanic bank now Ecobank to spice up my trip inside the train...I was on the queue to collect money when the train starts....I ran alittle bit on the tracks to hop in cos I just have to feel the vip setting which is #1100 to lagos....CHUCKLES....when I turned back behold I saw my departmental guy he asked me why am I running after the train I told him I want to feel the trip to lag he said there is no prob that we can still catch up I looked at him and said guy stop am jare if na play....Then he started to analyses the movement of the train and how trains usually have stop over and how they operates....He told me the train will stop at Offa to pick up some locals who usually sells alcohols for them and they will spend nothing less than 15mints at that particular terminal....so from ilorin we boarded a bus going to offa to catch up,On our way to offa there is a robbery inprogress at one Gtb we are forced to park @ one very dirty mechanic shop where black oil is everywhere...my guy and I prostrated on the floor praying till the robbers left...by the time we get up my guy said to me- GUY: guy the train go stop for osogbo ME: guy I no wan risk am again me wan enta bus dey go lag here GUY: I no get much on me e go beta make we go 2geda cos I wan drop @ IB
We decided to board another bus from offa to osogbo to catch up with the moving train...this time around the old man that carried us slow pass snail even mikel fast pass am evryone in bus where like driver move fast nau is somthing wrong with your car ...my passengers sorry o na jeje (gentle) life I com o the old man replied....by then I got so angry that I nearly overtake the driver's sit.
Now at Osogbo....immediately we get down from the bus we are told the train just left now..aarrrggg I told my guy- ME: brother abeg whre we go enta sorle (moving bus) to lag? GUY: baba no worry we go enta korope (very small bus) to ikirun or ede sha ...have forgotten mayb ikirun or ede sha ME: okk make we dey go its almost 5pm then......when will get to the said place we entered one bukka(small canteen) I ordered for eba cos I feel need more energy to complete my journey my guy order same too as we are eating the canteen madam asked us if we have come along way cos we looked like refugees from somalia I smiled and told her...madam it has not been easy getting here.
Now at the roadside waiting for any available bus to lag...its around 5:50pm then...we waited for almost an hour before one new sienna vehicle stopped....when we enter inside the car I have strange feelings cos everywhere is full of smoke flame the owner and his friend looked at us at the back and said we should not be nervous that they are actually coming from uniosun where their galfrnds are schooling....I look at them and said Sir we are students from unilorin and we are going home for break...the man said waow that's good we should exchange numbers so whenever they visits my sch we will arrange babes for them....at that point I know these guys are just normal people who likes to have fun and play around with school babes....The man said to us that he's stopping at ibadan that we should find our way from there...my guy said to them that he's even going to ibadan when we dropped its already 7pm and I need to get to lagos which no one knows am coming home.
From IB now to lag comes another struggle with the conductors.

*relaxing my thumbs*[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=kcynho post=33678246][size=15pt]SEE WRITE-UP WEH PERSON GET MIND POST HERE,ABEG PITY OUR EYES NAH[/size][/quote

Hahaha,,,op don give u waec
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 12, 2015
Mine was Lagos to Kwara driving home for sallah and the car was doing overheating. It was annoying having to stop after every 20 minutes to allow the engine to cool. It was an experience I don't pray I experience again.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Badgers14: 10:09pm On May 12, 2015
My most tedious journey was "trekking" from my bed room to my laptop in the living room to login in to Nairaland. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Deiok(m): 10:09pm On May 12, 2015
This space is measuring 3000*5000 belongs to the above moniker. No trespassess.
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by juman(m): 10:11pm On May 12, 2015
Travelled from gombe to kano in the night. I was not used to be traveling in the night.
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 12, 2015
Mcowubaba:
I was travelling from Dubai to Nigeria, on my way back, our plane spoilt, we stopped in Singapore to repair it, we took off again, the plane spoilt againcheesy, we stopped in Mexico to repair itsad..we took off again, as i am talking to u now the Plane has Crashedsad....this just happened now...i heard we are in Cementary rd Aba nw....pls we need helpsad

this one is strong...

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Macelliot7(m): 10:15pm On May 12, 2015
Mcowubaba:
You no try at all....
Since you are in Aba now.... Aba boys can do the needful....
Just cooperate, Aba boys go clone new plane for Una sharp sharp.... .... .... ....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Raysly(m): 10:16pm On May 12, 2015
I know I have travel a long distance but don't know were I started and were I was going I'm coming let me think
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Timijo(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2015
Mine was travelling from kaduna to ilorin by train. I just decided to have the experience of train transportation but it turned sour.
In fact, the name of that journey is "I won't try it again."

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by plasgidy: 10:20pm On May 12, 2015
Try Europe by land trough Sahara desert, from Niger or Mali via Algeria and Morocco then come here and tell us what's up.
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Caracta(f): 10:21pm On May 12, 2015
Lagos to Abuja. 10pm - 9am. By road!

Not a risk to take again. And the stress? I wanted to die...

Then Abuja to Cross River. Night trip too. Interesting a bit. But dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 12, 2015
My service year trips from lagos to zamfara. No airport in ZM so had to take flight midway and bus the rest of the way each time. The road just stretched and stretched and stretched on...
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Bamz(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
...taking the dishes from the dinning room to the kitchen after having a king-sized plate of pounded yam.
Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by BasseyJ(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
Mine was a church trip to a VERY RURAL area with no roads(even tracks sef) it was my final year and it was my little way of doing God's work, spent 2days on the road(just going), sometimes we needed to get off the car and trek for some miles as the hills were gigantic. Probably trekked for 5 hours straight on our way back when the car got stucked, cos it was raining and mud was everywhere, had to find a river bank to park some sharp sand so the tires can take hold, all this under serious rain. That's just the iceberg o, i broke down some days after I came back home, buh the recovery was swift(Glory to God). N btw, the church we went to open? The resident pastor eloped to Lagos after some weeks or so, Glory to God someone took over and its been growing wonderfully .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Tedious Journey Ever by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
Iyana - ipaja 2 oshodi, very very far........try it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers / Usman Danfodiyo university final year student dies in fatal accident / Bus From Lagos To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.