Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. (1197 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? / Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US / I Think Ive Been Scammed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2015
Hi fellow nairalanders:
Am jude Ceo~Stylegraphix am a professional graphics designer into pure graphics design business on NL .
Well I am a bit troubled by the behavoiur of a fellow nigeria infact I dont even know what to say about this recent dupper . I was to design a logo for this Guy's Company this Guy came as a trusted and friendly guy like me am calm and try my best to provide good quality services for my Client instead of just been money spareheader ; Well this Guy runs a Company on Inhale & Exhale infacts thats his company name . We meet on whatsapp through NL though we talk and i found out he was also in a biz like me providing services to pple through NL I was like no problem let me also support others biz like I do ,although I have work with over 20companies including individual on NL designer a banner or Logo for them as. I provide services at its best possible i try to build trust between me and my cleint something thats so important in business.
We to Cut the Long story shot i design a logo for this guys company for just 1k only after much delibration we arrive at his best design and he agree with the final design no wahala ! But this frustrated me first :for not paying on time . I was done with his design as at April 25/2015 he said he was going to make payment on monday April 27/2015 for me no probs with that ; I was surprise when he did not acc for bank acc details so on the April 28/2015 I had to send him myself he recieved and read the Msg on whatsapp but no reply. I waited till friday that same week nothing. On april30/2015 I reminded him that I was still waiting for both his reply and payment confirmation but nothing came to make things worst I do Call him all he those is to Cut my Call : Am now like abi the design no fine but if its not fine he should complian and i might make a new one or maybe 1k is just too small for him .or maybe 1k is just too big to pay out.

Check screen shots below...

So my fellow nairalanders I know that a lot off guys have helped and encourage me through NL and thats the reason Why? am not stopping nor distrubed to stop providing quality services before payment
A lot of Guys has encourage me to keep doing my good work some even do pay me higher than what I charge I thanks this Guys so much one of such persons are Ceo~Nupera Home&Office Decor, John Akindile and others .

So am using this opportunity to tell pple or person who know this guy to be clearly aware of who they are dealing with . I dont Like Scamming nor deceiving someone I like and Love building trust and giving my best in dilivering best and Quality.

Right now am #notsohappy.
I don't know what to do with this guy, your comment is needed... or are pple not to be trusted?

Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Dyt(f): 10:16pm On May 11, 2015
That's all?
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by clintino700(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2015
Have been scammed too but didn't get his username and he change his number too....so bad I had to let it go but I placed him on special cause cry cry
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 11, 2015
Oga 1k na small change .. Next time, crop half of the picture send , no send m fully
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Enoquin(f): 10:39pm On May 11, 2015
It would be appropriate if we hear from inhale&exhale first.

All I have to say is this to intending customers. No one can make Nigeria better except individuals desire to become better at dealings.
If you contract someone for a job and you've come to an agreement; the least you can do is honour that agreement. If the design aint to your taste, point it out till it is what you get what you want. Once the design has been shown and you have no complaints immediately, then pay up for the job done; no excuses.

It is in bad taste, if you have to be reminded to pay up. It can be frustrating once a person keeps sending reminders and you read but not reply to even placate or beg for more time. That frustration could lead one to say stuffs he isn't supposed to because he knows there isn't any way he can make you pay up.

This isn't passing judgement but just pointing out the stinking attitude, we all have taken for granted.

3 Likes

Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2015
Abi : no b small tinz .
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Vstuffs(m): 10:49pm On May 11, 2015
I have also experience the same problem.......twice ..first guy promise to pay my remaining money..b/4 a particular period..but since over a month..different stories....d second guy came and collect d files from my younger brother without paying d money,telling my brother..I told him not to pay..d guy just switch off his phone and refuse picking my calls..through I have his nairaland I'd..have to ignore him..judgment is left for God
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by redcliff: 10:50pm On May 11, 2015
It maybe that he does not like the logo because i dont like it either. The only thing you would have done is to watermark your job and you should have shown your older works before abd ask for advance payment. But i guess its part of the learning process
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 5:19am On May 12, 2015
Enoquin:
It would be appropriate if we hear from inhale&exhale first.

All I have to say is this to intending customers. No one can make Nigeria better except individuals desire to become better at dealings.
If you contract someone for a job and you've come to an agreement; the least you can do is honour that agreement. If the design aint to your taste, point it out till it is what you get what you want. Once the design has been shown and you have no complaints immediately, then pay up for the job done; no excuses.

It is in bad taste, if you have to be reminded to pay up. It can be frustrating once a person keeps sending reminders and you read but not reply to even placate or beg for more time. That frustration could lead one to say stuffs he isn't supposed to because he knows there isn't any way he can make you pay up.

This isn't passing judgement but just pointing out the stinking attitude, we all have taken for granted.
I agree with you bro. thanks a lot.
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 5:21am On May 12, 2015
Thank you all for the Contributions and Support..
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 5:23am On May 12, 2015
redcliff:
It maybe that he does not like the logo because i dont like it either. The only thing you would have done is to watermark your job and you should have shown your older works before abd ask for advance payment. But i guess its part of the learning process
I agree with you bro even from my own view it not that fine . but he told me vividly what he wants and dats what I did.
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by tonytony208(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2015
Vstuffs:
I have also experience the same problem.......twice ..first guy promise to pay my remaining money..b/4 a particular period..but since over a month..different stories....d second guy came and collect d files from my younger brother without paying d money,telling my brother..I told him not to pay..d guy just switch off his phone and refuse picking my calls..through I have his nairaland I'd..have to ignore him..judgment is left for God
you should have contacted him. That is the problem with we Africans; always dumping on God the things we should do by ourselves.
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 7:56am On May 12, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Enoquin(f): 9:16am On May 12, 2015
Nathclinton:
I agree with you bro. thanks a lot.

lol, i am female

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am Been Scammed By A Fellow Nairalander. by Nathclinton(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2015
Sorry for that!

(1) (Reply)

9 Ways To Discover Your Entrepreneurial DNA / Goods Bus And 10 Ton Truck For Hire! / 2 Plots With 2 Units Of Room And Parlour Self Contain For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.