Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing (1642 Views)

The Biggest Discovery I Made During NL Server Failure (must View) / Is Night Clubbing A Good Thing? / PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2006
i have lived in my house for over a year and not once did i say hi to my next door neighbour, i did not even know what he/she looks like until a few weeks ago when Nepa struck. Oh sorry i meant British Gas .

They were carrying out engineering works and electricity was switched off for 2 hours. everyone came out of their houses and we started chatting and it was nice to see and talk to people on your street for the first time

It really got me thinking, the reason we know our neighbours and have a sense of community in Nigeria is because NEPA failure is constant and we have to come out of our houses
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by Seun(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2006
Slavery is a good thing because it makes us appreciate freedom.

Murder and [[asault]] are also very good - they make people cautious.

All the evil things in life are very very good. Well done!
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by candylips(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2006
We are culturally cummunal oriented
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2006
Seun:

Slavery is a good thing because it makes us appreciate freedom.

Murder and [[asault]] are also very good - they make people cautious.

All the evil things in life are very very good. Well done!
thanks for the satire, but the advantages of slavery is not being enjoyed

candylips:

We are culturally cummunal oriented

i do agree with you, but life in Abuja is not as communal as in Ibadan
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by hotangel2(f): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2006
Seun, are u being sarcastic?

All evil things in Life are NOT good. Come on now. Jesus Christ!

-----------
@ Walelead, i understand that if not cos power supple was interrupted, you wouldn't have met your neighbours, but uhmm. . . u know u could have met them if you wanted to when there was power right?

U could say things happen when u least espect them, or say something like every dissapointement is a blessing.

Trust me, if they interrupt your power supply the way they do in Nigeria, You'll hate everything and u will no longer say NEPA failure is a good thing.

Just cause it happens once in a blue moon - - - u don't really know wat not having 'light' is.

Now i perfectly understand what you are saying, that u wouldn't know ur neighbours if not for what happened. But please NEPA failure is not a GOOD thing. Not in NIgeria at least. Noo, it's not a good thing.
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2006
hot-angel:

say something like every dissapointement is a blessing

Exactly the message im trying to convey, so incessant power cuts from NEPA is a good thing.
Just making you see the that every cloud has a silver linning.
hot-angel:

Trust me, if they interrupt your power supply the way they do in Nigeria, You'll hate everything and u will no longer say NEPA failure is a good thing.

Just cause it happens once in a blue moon - - - u don't really know what not having 'light' is

i was born and raised in Lagos u know, and i REALLY miss the power cuts, the petrol strikes, the political riots and all the weird things that make Lagos crazy
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by Seun(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2006
So why haven't you returned to the squalor you say you miss?
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2006
@seun, im working on it, its difficult to leave this hell-hole
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by candylips(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2006
dude there is nothing to miss in that.
you would find ur self running back with the back of your heels touching your head
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2006
Seun:

So why haven't you returned to the squalor you say you miss?
candylips:

dude there is nothing to miss in that.
you would find your self running back with the back of your heels touching your head

@ seun, to attend to your question on a more serious note, ill start by asking you to take back the word "SQUALOR".
there may be issues with availability and quality of amenities in (Lagos) Nigeria, i however disagree that the situation is so deplorable to warrant such an adjective. I dont think they have it better in the west.
The issues with Nigeria can be solved with just one wave of the wand, and that wand is patroitism

@ candylips, God forbid Nigeria suffer Iraq's fate, but even if it does--- Home is still where the heart is
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by waleleader(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2006
The point i am trying to raise is that we can take advantage of the negations around us as a country and make the best out of it. What makes us Nigerians religious(Godly), loving and cheerful are the issues that we encounter daily as a people, TOGETHER.
How comes we're still regarded as the happies people on earth? I believe that its because our system does not work and we laugh and joke around it. No nation can witness our plight and survive.

I conclude, Nepa failure (and all other inconsistencies) is a good thing for Nigerians
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by candylips(m): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2006
boi there is nothing good about satying in the dark all night long with mosquitos creaming down you neck and biteing the hell out of u
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2006
Try insecticides and mosquito nets. wink Back to topic please!
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by hotangel2(f): 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2006
Okay Walelead. I know u miss NIgeria, u miss NEPA. But seriously darl, trust me, NEPA FAILURE aint a good thing. Im sure you were amongst the people that yelled "NEPA OLORIBURUKU" back then in naija whenever the power supply was interrupted.

Okay fair enough, u got to meet your neighbours when ur power supply was interrupted for TWO HOURS in the UK. But please don't let people that actually go through days and months without LIGHT in Nigeria hear you. They just might chop u raw.
Re: NEPA Failure Is A Good Thing by WesleyanA(f): 6:32am On Sep 17, 2006
walelead:

i have lived in my house for over a year and not once did i say hi to my next door neighbour, i did not even know what he/she looks like until a few weeks ago when Nepa struck. Oh sorry i meant British Gas .

They were carrying out engineering works and electricity was switched off for 2 hours. everyone came out of their houses and we started chatting and it was nice to see and talk to people on your street for the first time

It really got me thinking, the reason we know our neighbours and have a sense of community in Nigeria is because NEPA failure is constant and we have to come out of our houses

a Temporary Matter huh.
that happened 2 mths ago in my area. It went off for only about 5 seconds though. there was a storm.

seriously though. everyone came out and chatted because it was the first time it happened and probably everyone's all excited. lol
If that happens to you 18/24 hours a day everyday of every week of every year. you won't be going out into the streets to chat with your neighbors for the 1001th time. trust me.
the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages and you know it! you would be signing some protest board and complaining to the govt to bring back light.
undecided

Depending on where you live, you can always go downtown in the evenings to meet w/ people.

I conclude, Nepa failure (and all other inconsistencies) is a good thing for Nigerians

I know right? tongue
maybe they should ban electricity altogether since Nigerians love nepa failure. It brings us together NOT!

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity At Brunel Hotel London / Thank God! / PHOTOS: The Plane Of The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.