Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. (3206 Views)

Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan / Buhari's Promises In Pictures, For Posterity. / Mbaka Maybe Right: Jonathan Meet Yaradua He Died, Jonathan Meet PDP.........? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 5:57am On May 12, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday expressed confidence that posterity will judge his outgoing administration right.

According to Jonathan, his government has delivered the dividends of democracy in various sectors of the economy, particularly in the power sector as he claimed that the sector presently generates 6, 000 megawatts of electricity.

Jonathan lost to the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari, in the March 28, 2015 presidential election and he is expected to hand over on the 29th of this month to a new government.

The President spoke through his deputy, Namadi Sambo, during the official inauguration of Niger Delta Power Holding Company/National Integrated Power Plant Gwagwalada 330/132/33KV Transmission Substation in Abuja.

Jonathan said, “Let me reiterate our firm belief and respect for democracy and its norms and values and our continued commitment to the progress and prosperity of our dear nation.

“To this regard, we shall continue to make our contributions to the development of our dear country as patriotic citizens. We are confident that posterity shall place us on the right side of history.

“I will take this opportunity to also assure all Nigerians that all the decisions and project implementation of both NDPHC and the National Council on Privatisation, all decisions are taken on the basis of sound professional advice and sound decision to ensure that we succeed in Nigeria in providing power successfully for the benefit of the country and our economic development.”

He said the country currently has a power generation level of 6,000 megawatts.

This claim is, however, in contrast of the 3,413.1MW recorded as peak power generation as of May 11, 2015 which was contained on the website of the Federal Ministry of Power on Monday.

Jonathan said, “At present, the nation’s power generation level as confirmed by the minister of power is about 6,000MW and we can wheel up to 5,500MW.”

The President explained that prior to the advent of the Gwagwalada substation, Abuja and all of FCT and Nasarawa State were supplied by a 330kV double circuit line and a 132kV double circuit line from Shiroro Hydro power station terminating at Katampe 330/132/33kV substation and Apo 132/33kV Substation respectively.

He said other locations within the FCT and Nasarawa State were supplied via various 132kV lines from Katampe and Apo.

Jonathan said, “Gwagwalada 330/132/33kV substation was conceived as a location and sited in Gwagwalada in the outskirts of Abuja metropolis as one of the nodes in a 330kV transmission ring that will provide secured supply to the Federal Capital Territory and Abuja in particular.

“Connection to Gwagwalada was, therefore, engineered as an evacuation substation facility for Geregu NIPP power plant to the FCT 330kV ring via an initial 222.6kms 330kV double circuit line from Geregu (Ajaokuta) to Gwagwalada 330/132/33kV substation with a final 30kms 330kV double circuit construction. This tees into one of the original Shiroro-Abuja (Katampe) 330kV DC lines thus achieving a 330kV alternative (thermal) power source to Abuja.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/posterity-shall-judge-me-right-jonathan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by illmatic101(m): 6:04am On May 12, 2015
My president my hero, Saint Jonathan cool

4 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by egift(m): 6:06am On May 12, 2015
Mr. Jonathan with due respect, you failed. And you have no business awarding yourself a pass mark. No matter how hard you try, you cannot rewrite the history of your 6yrs of incompetence and kindergarten presidency.

If you had performed even half, you would have been reelected. Nigerians are glad to kick out clueless leadership.

Stop wishing us failure. It is well with the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by eleojo23: 6:09am On May 12, 2015
OK. Noted.
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by politricks: 6:11am On May 12, 2015
According to Jonathan, his
government has delivered
the dividends of
democracy in various
sectors of the economy,
particularly in the power sector as he claimed that
the sector presently
generates 6, 000
megawatts of electricity.
Lies from the pit of hell. The country barely generates up to 3000MW and bros J is saying 6000.

2 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by egift(m): 6:13am On May 12, 2015

This is all we will remember about Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:13am On May 12, 2015
True talk, posterity shall judge every man's action under the sun.

1 Like

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by omenka(m): 6:16am On May 12, 2015
egift:
Mr. Jonathan with due respect, you failed. And you have no business awarding yourself a pass mark. No matter how hard you try, you cannot rewrite the history of your 6yrs of incompetence and kindergarten presidency.

If you had performed even half, you would have been reelected. Nigerians are glad to kick out clueless leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by modath(f): 6:19am On May 12, 2015
Mr jonathan;

1. Stop wishing ill will on this country cos things have to be worse than this before well meaning Nigerians give you a passing thought.

2.The only section of Nigerians that will remember you with any sense of fondness are the Ijaw militants &your SE party loyalists(the entire SS/SE didn't enjoy nothing)

3.I'm going to parrot Mrs Oby E and proclaim; "Never agaiin shall your sort darken the Nigerian political landscape".

You are no hero, with your last minute playing the victim card to boot!!!

3 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 6:22am On May 12, 2015
egift:

Until Buhari starts to dish out his package will you realize that we threw away baby with bath water.

May God save us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by shakazuldadon: 6:25am On May 12, 2015
leave posterity to decide how to judge you.
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by socialmediaman: 6:25am On May 12, 2015
If only he knew this, but sycophants around him will not let him.

egift:

1 Like

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:30am On May 12, 2015
Yes! Posterity just judged you on March, the 28th and that's Y you lost to my amiable GMB.

Now, Posterity is about sending you to Guantanamo "Kiri-Kiri" Bay - Shege Dan Bura Uba!

2 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by socialmediaman: 6:32am On May 12, 2015
It's so easy to use your situation to judge others. You didn't vote for Buhari, you should try to understand why others did. Many people in this country are so angry that even if Buhari fails so woefully, they'll never wish GEJ back for any reason whatsoever, you really don't get this, and I'm not sure you will, till we probably witness like 2 more governments

PhockPhockMan:

Until Buhari starts to dish out his package will you realize that we threw away baby with bath water.

May God save us.
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by BlackTechnology: 6:34am On May 12, 2015
egift:

I hope the miraculous economic model of Baba One Chance is ready

For every Buhari failure

We will blame Yorubas and SW APC precisely. grin

3 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:40am On May 12, 2015
No be posterity go judge u, na prostrate cancer go judge u, u ds mungun!

Shey d whole Nigeria na abuja and nasarawa?

Dude, we've been counting lights too easily like four stones thrown in a bath!

3 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:41am On May 12, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I hope the miraculous economic model of Baba One Chance is ready

For every Buhari failure

We will blame Yorubas and SW APC precisely. grin
and so...?
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by SkyBlue1: 6:41am On May 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

May God save us.

That is the problem with you people. That any future leader we have may be bad does NOT automatically make this presidecy a good one. That any future leader we have may be bad, should not make us wish for the days of something "less bad". We should always be striving for better leadership, not rushing to rewrite history to give failed presidencies pass marks. I mean . . . don't you have standards? That Obasanjo was corrupt does not automatically make the Abacha days good. What is good is good, and this presidency was not.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Tongsman(m): 6:46am On May 12, 2015
Zoharariel:
Yes! Posterity just judged you on March, the 28th and that's Y you lost to my amiable GMB.

Now, Posterity is about sending you to Guantanamo "Kiri-Kiri" Bay - Shege Dan Bura Uba!
Exactly, Posterity has judged you already, just pray Buhari overlooks all your mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:50am On May 12, 2015
After yu have ruined nigeria completely, yu r already judging yourself. Thank God gor giving us Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by socialmediaman: 6:58am On May 12, 2015
A simple fact pro GEJs will not understand. Even after he lost, they've refused to shove off arrogance and try to understand the wishes of people, showing how selfish some Nigerians can be over millions of others. Thank God for democracy anyway, the PDP will learn the hard way, because even 12 years from now, they may still be facing the stigma they created on themselves.

It's like this arrogant seller I used to know, very rude and uncourteous just because he didn't have good competition. It didn't take long for someone else to bring competition to the community, and his shop started becoming empty, he cried out someday and asked for forgiveness, he realized the customers were supposed to be the Kings and he was only using their lack of choice to mistreat them, but it was already too late, people were already enjoying their new found alternative and there was no time for him anymore, till his business folded.

SkyBlue1:

That is the problem with you people. That any future leader we have might be bad does NOT automatically make this presidecy a good one. That any future leader we have may be bad, should not make us wish for the days of something "less bad". We should always be striving for better leadership, not making us rewrite history to give failed presidencies pass marks. I mean . . . don't you have standards? That Obasanjo was corrupt does not automatically make the Abacha days good. What is good is good, and this presidency was not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by sinizia: 7:22am On May 12, 2015
I've no doubt that posterity will judge this man right. He outperformed all Nigerian presidents since 1999 till now. He's a good man, had good intentions for Nigeria, but he surrounded himself with hawks and evil lords. That's his undoing.

3 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by fitzmayowa: 7:36am On May 12, 2015
GEJ My HERO, FAYOSE My Role Model...copyright temitemi1 (2015)
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by otr1(m): 7:58am On May 12, 2015
...yes, for taking us back to indebtedness, and for solidifying corruption, terrorism and darkness. If these are not enough reasons to remember you for, I wonder what is.
Need I remind you that majority of Nigerians booted you back to the creeks to protect the posterity of their future generation?

2 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 12, 2015
God bless Jonathan... Nigeria's Most democratic President

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:07am On May 12, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Please don't wish him evil. Prostate cancer is not something to toy with.

I don't like him and his government but I will never wish him evil.

As for posterity judging him well, I doubt it. He will be remembered as the president who said stealing isn't corruption.

GEJ surrounded himself with the "wrongest" people. Doesn't he take time to find out things for himself? I see GEJ as someone who likes being deceived and his handlers knew this and used it to their maximum benefit.

When people starting praising you unnecessary, just know there's more to it. He lacked discernment.

I wish GOODLUCK in his endeavours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:09am On May 12, 2015
God bless you, Mr. President!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:09am On May 12, 2015
socialmediaman:
A simple fact pro GEJs will not understand. Even after he lost, they've refused to shove off arrogance and try to understand the wishes of people, showing how selfish some Nigerians can be over millions of others. Thank God for democracy anyway, the PDP will learn the hard way, because even 12 years from now, they may still be facing the stigma they created on themselves.

It's like this arrogant seller I used to know, very rude and uncourteous just because he didn't have good competition. It didn't take long for someone else to bring competition to the community, and his shop started becoming empty, he cried out someday and asked for forgiveness, he realized the customers were supposed to be the Kings and he was only using their lack of choice to mistreat them, but it was already too late, people were already enjoying their new found alternative and there was no time for him anymore, till his business folded.

That is it!

2 Likes

Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:10am On May 12, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Are you suffering from prostrate cancer?
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by chacoonder(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2015
Mr.Jona, Posterity has already judged you...its verdict was that you failed in all aspect of governance.
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by tomakint: 8:46am On May 12, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has spoken, and I know my signature concur to this long before now. History will surely remember him for good!
Re: Posterity Shall Judge Me Right – Jonathan. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:58am On May 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

May God save us.
You're now humbled. You no longer make noise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How We See Amaechi And How GEJ Sees Him (pictures) / Why Is The North So Powerful Than The South,west And East? / Breaking: Rotimi Amaechi Loses As INEC Rejects Tonye Cole As Rivers Guber Candid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.