Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides (19042 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Andrew Miller, APC Rivers Assembly Member / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by D9ty7(m): 10:53am On May 12, 2015
THE Rivers State House of Assembly appears to be on a head-on collision with the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, over civil servants’ unpaid salaries.

The lawmakers, who expressed shock at the contrasting reports on the unpaid salaries of workers and the state’s economy, summoned nine of the governor’s aides to appear before the House by 10am on Tuesday (today) to make clarification on the issues.

Those invited, according to the lawmakers who sat on Monday, are commissioners for Information, Finance, Tourism, Health, Power, Works, Agriculture, Budget and Transport.

Also, heads of ministries, departments and agencies summoned by the House include the Accountant-General, Chairmen of Board of Internal Revenue, Rivers State Assembly Service Commission and Secondary School Management Board.

This will be the first time the House would summon nine of the governor’s aides to give explanation on the state of Rivers’ economy and unpaid workers’ salaries.

The House had observed that while the state government was insisting that it had paid salaries of civil servants up to March 2015, there were reports that were contrary to such claim.

Meanwhile, the state House of Assembly has suspended three local government caretaker committee chairmen.

The lawmakers said the suspension became necessary following reports of financial recklessness and insecurity within the chairmen’s council areas.

Those suspended are Cassidy Ikegbidi (Ahoada East), Ojukaye Flag-Amachree (Asari-Toru) and Derick Mene (Khana).

An ad hoc committee was immediately set up to investigate allegations against the affected council chairmen.

However, prior to the assembly’s decision to summon the commissioners and heads of MDAs, the Deputy Leader of the House, Mr. Nname Ewor, had during the 169th legislative session presented two motions.

Ewor, who represents Ahoada East Constituency 1, had raised the alarm over the level of insecurity and mismanagement of public funds, adding that the situation was common in the three affected local government areas.

The lawmaker said, “In these three councils, human lives have been rendered insignificant and financial frugality has been jettisoned to the waste bin. The local government areas are drifting to the Hobbesian State of Nature.”

Also, the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Leyii Kwanee, explained that the decision of the House was not aimed at witch-hunting anybody.

Kwanee, who presided over the sitting of the House, expressed worry that reports on the state’s economy was not encouraging.

He added that the development necessitated the invitation of some top government officials to the House for some explanations on the issue..

“As an arm of government, we are not out to witch-hunt the executive. But we are out to strengthen things.

“You are aware that the seventh Assembly is gradually coming to an end. I want to tell you that it is better started than never. We have been seeing a lot of conflicting reports.

“The other day, the Commissioner for Information (Mrs. Ibim Semenitari) was on air saying that they (workers) have been paid up to March. So, we feel very embarrassed as an arm of government.”

Describing the motion on suspension of the caretaker committee chairmen as timely, Kwanee pointed out that the council chairmen should be held accountable for whatever happened in their various areas.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/salaries-rivers-assembly-dares-amaechi-summons-nine-aides/

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Elslim: 10:55am On May 12, 2015
yawa de oo
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by nwafuluozoh: 10:57am On May 12, 2015
How can he pay salaries when he has used all the state allocation to sponsor Buhari's election. All in a bid to humilate GEJ.
Talk about bitting off your nose to spite your face.
Judas of SS.

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by biafransoul: 11:32am On May 12, 2015
Amaechi and the forty thieves now in Abuja. God. Please save us from this people.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Alonga: 11:34am On May 12, 2015
APC ONE CHANCE,the only and the ony clean person in this party is Buhari all the rest are chop and chop.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by okiezman(m): 11:35am On May 12, 2015
D9ty7:
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, frontpage

And some people will blame FG and Gej now....

Apc are no better than pdp

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by okooloyun1(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2015
'
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by omisakint: 11:50am On May 12, 2015
Hissed.... We need this type of check and balance in osun. But sadly we can't have it until the next four years by then arregbe will owe us like 45 months salary.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by ceejayluv(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2015
#BabaVoiceMail

6 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Vicotex(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2015
Onechane on my mind

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by optional123: 11:52am On May 12, 2015
hmm

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by KAYNINI(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2015
The truth remains that scumbags and thieves are still going to be part of the incoming govt and i really want to see how my incoming President will handle them all...............

I must praise APC media team - they succeeded in covering up alot of ills. Am so sure some Nigerians are wondering if they made the right decision as more stories are unfolding.

Governors owe salaries and charter jets to ABUJA, afford 3 months holiday abroad , some even distributed hard currencies from roof tops of cars amid other things

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Ese144: 11:52am On May 12, 2015
And to think this the second largest oil producing state after Akwaibom.We are in trouble in this country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by T4kbaba(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2015
cool Ameach mawoju Uche
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by wendixx(f): 11:53am On May 12, 2015
Amaechi is one of the Governors that the incoming administration needs to probe if it is to be taken serious. The rot that would be found will stink to the high heavens angry angry

27 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by horlabiyi(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2015
I don't really understand what is wrong with these APC governors, why are they not paying their state workers? Even Ameachi with all the resources/revenue you're generating in Rivers state. Is he trying to create problems for the incoming governor or he truly used the state allocation to support GMB election?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by atlwireles: 11:53am On May 12, 2015
Foolish people, you people will expire by 29th May. When Amaechi was setting Rivers state on fire, you people stood by him. angry angry angry angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by KINGTELLER: 11:53am On May 12, 2015
Alonga:
APC ONE CHANCE,the only and the ony lipsrsealed undecided undecided clean person in this party is Buhari all the rest are chop and chop.

Vicotex:
Onechane on my mind

You mean one Chance .. I guess you typed that in a hurry undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by PRYCE(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2015
And Amaechi calls himself a progressive? Even up to march isn't acceptable! What about April? We are 12 days into may as it stands. AWOL PDP Comrades (APC) member! SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by lwise(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2015
grin grin grin
Im laughing like Ibadan man hia hia hia hia huhuhu hia hia hia. grin grin

Any Governor who owes workers their monthly salary should be impeached and jailed.
Potiskum prison should be reserve for them.

4 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Vicotex(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2015
Judas of Ubima at it again.
Onechance things on Nigerians mind

6 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by dridowu: 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Amechi my guy

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by naijainfogalery: 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Until there is a law that states that "until all public servants are paid, law makers shouldnt be paid" then we will always have this problem

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by Silensa(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Does it mean that I have made Fp??

Dancing shoki in anticipation of more to come.

To the topic. Please pay up before leaving not transferring your debt to the incoming government.
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by ashile(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2015
now which way to go naija

all owning salaries
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by victorbrock(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2015
Wanted to pass before I thought of looking...Ama-echi that's it!

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by ericiland: 11:57am On May 12, 2015
lets wait for lie lai to blame GEJ. Amechi d technician of APC
GEJ my HERO, FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL...........temitemi1 (nairaland 2015)

7 Likes

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by EagleScribes: 11:58am On May 12, 2015
I hope something similar to this will happen in other states - not politically motivated tho

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by ceejay80s(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2015
It because no body has been sent to jail that's why all these rubbish is still happening in naija, send 1 or 2 governors to jail and see how nigeria will improve

1 Like

Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by bobcharly(m): 11:59am On May 12, 2015
Abeg who help me see all these
Mal.am wey dey do pedicure...e be
like say my toenails don dey
overgrow...adim serious o...
Re: Salaries: Rivers' Assembly Dares Amaechi, Summons Nine Aides by horlabiyi(m): 11:59am On May 12, 2015
omisakint:
Hissed.... We need this type of check and balance in osun. But sadly we can't have it until the next four years by then arregbe will owe us like 45 months salary.
LOL you people voted for him so be prepared to enjoy the suffering

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Senator Nnamani Said About Geoffrey Onyeama (Video) / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed / Court Authorizes EFCC’s To Seize Tompolo’s Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.