Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby (9412 Views)

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by Fialm: 11:41am On May 12, 2015
I nid ur advice
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by donbenedict(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2015
Na hollandia milk or nutrimilk grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by CountDracula(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2015
Fialm:
I nid ur advice
Why? Are u tired of breastfeedin d baby already?
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by opeaceo: 11:54am On May 12, 2015
Fialm:
I nid ur advice
Yes you can, there are different types of formula milk suitable for a 5 month old baby.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by temibobo(f): 2:08pm On May 12, 2015
Sure, gave my child from 5 months plain cowmilk with riceflower and added some other formulamilk for nutricional value to let her get used to drinking normal milk. However you do need to watch it when you do this because some kids may be allergic or get cramps from it. My daughter is 1 year now, drinks 2 cups of cold milk in a day, eats bread and eats whatever i eat during the day. In the evening before going to bed if necessary she still gets an occassional bottle of milk with riceflower.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by thorpido(m): 2:27pm On May 12, 2015
It's good to exclusively breas.tfeed a baby for 6mths but you can't do it for all babies.Some want food a lot and the mother may not be able to cope and some even reject the breas.tmilk themselves.
You can give formula.

1 Like

Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by Fialm: 9:14pm On May 12, 2015
temibobo:
Sure, gave my child from 5 months plain cowmilk with riceflower and added some other formulamilk for nutricional value to let her get used to drinking normal milk. However you do need to watch it when you do this because some kids may be allergic or get cramps from it. My daughter is 1 year now, drinks 2 cups of cold milk in a day, eats bread and eats whatever i eat during the day. In the evening before going to bed if necessary she still gets an occassional bottle of milk with riceflower.
Thanks, but the riceflower do u grind the normal rice if I may ask.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by KanwuliaJara: 10:22pm On May 12, 2015
You born the pikin or you teif am? shocked
Strange question for any mom to ask. undecided
Usually a pediatrician or well-baby clinic has provided a most-DETAILED nutritional plan for ALL INFANTS!
EXCEPT NA BABY-FARM tinzzy! lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
Fialm:
I nid ur advice

Buy baby formula for his age bracket, like SMA. Don't give him ordinary cow milk as it will not be nutritionally sufficient for him, and he may not get the right mix of nutrients for human babies (cow milk is right for cow babies).

You can also start him gradually on baby cereals like cerelac etc, but make sure it is for his age bracket also; otherwise it will be too rough for his tender intestines and you might start seeing blood stains in his stool (the age group is always written on the tin).

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by Fialm: 7:47pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=KanwuliaJara post=33679214]You born the pikin or you teif am? shocked
Strange question for any mom to ask. undecided
Usually a pediatrician or well-baby clinic has provided a most-DETAILED nutritional plan for ALL INFANTS!
EXCEPT NA BABY-FARM tinzzy! Hello is it a problem to ask for advice or what ur stress,if u don't av anything reasonable to post then leave the topic at least if I knew I wouldn't be asking.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by tpiadotcom: 8:09pm On May 13, 2015
I dont know.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by KanwuliaJara: 8:05pm On May 14, 2015
Fialm:
Hello is it a problem to ask for advice or what ur stress,if u don't av anything reasonable to post then leave the topic at least if I knew I wouldn't be asking

If you can't take the heat, gerrout of the kissssshen! kiss
If all you wanted to read was on NL. . . YOU WILL NOT LOG ON!
So take what you can and STEP! kiss
Na by force to ask 'kweshun' without 'kweshun mark'?
TTTTTTTTcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWWWWWW! cool
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by SUV(f): 8:30pm On May 14, 2015
U shld hv heard of infant formular madam op!

NAN 2 is the best, u can also try SMA gold or other infant formula
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by temibobo(f): 5:49pm On May 15, 2015
@ Fialm, we buy the riceflour overhere already prepared, they look like little white flakes, so i dont need to dry/grind anything myself. I add some babycereal to it and the cowmilk and the child will get his/her belly full. I do give however extra vitamin D drops, this is something we give children regardless there nutritional plan till they reach 4 years. And when they are born,the first 2 weeks, i gave extra Vitamin D and K whilst i was breastfeeding.
Re: Can I Give Milk To My Five Month Old Baby by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 15, 2015
I know a lot of baby care clinic advocate exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months. It is very good for child development.

But circumstances are different. If you feel the need to supplement with milk it is okay. Don't just stop the breastfeeding entirely.

Go for good quality infant milk that u feel good about. Let me also point out that you have to pay very big attention to hygiene. Sterilise the feeding bottles and spoons occasionally. Infants get easily infected. You can buy Milton for sterilisation. Its very safe.

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips For Blending Into A New Culture When You Relocate. / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee / Single Parenting, Love, Life And Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.