Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! (78319 Views)

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) / Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / Cult Attack & Poison 17-year-old Student Over Refusal To Join Lesbian Fraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Geesanni: 10:00am On May 14, 2015
i tot as much.na strong men dey run sug mata.smhw few mst dey among d sug pple.nobody holy pass.life is full of surprise
jimmy101231:
hope you know what you are saying Africa too is not clean...he's a student Union member and also confra boy..They were actually looking for him..if you kill by the sword you die by the sword..RIP
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by mainman7(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2015
jesicajonna:
!!!! 7 plus 7 - 7 equals ? ....d answer gives u d name:::if u dogged enof
Jessica, did u school in OAU? If u did, do remember the night party u attended with a guy at the side of the love-shaped swimming pool of Staff's Club, close to Road 7?

2 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Phizzlephizz(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2015
delishpot:

Whats the difference if I may ask?

Mehn bro there is a difference these cultist kill just for the fun and the scores and just so people would dread them and yet they're all fucking broke

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by lionphil(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2015
3ace:
Phew! *heaves a sigh of relief* The day I ran like Ben Johnson into the thick, dark forest of OAU without thinking of the danger ahead. I mean what other danger can be brutal as the one I was running away from. Now 16 years and it seems like yesterday. May their soul rest in peace. I just hope Faro and Legacy are doing great. They both escaped death by a whisker.

Can this be the only Dr 3ace to have graced the Only.African.University? Oga mi, I'm loyal Great Life won't have been the way it is but for people like you. Baba mo beri for your doggedness!

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by tolaxin(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2015
tchidi:

When I clicked 'modify', I saw the cults name. Its Blâçk Axê. The mods are hiding it. angry angry
the mods are one of them angry

3 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by darvic1515(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2015
RIP comrades. Those niggas used dia blood to clean cultism outta OAU, of the greatest ife.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by jesicajonna(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2015
mainman7:

Jessica, did u school in OAU? If u did, do remember the night party u attended with a guy at the side of the love-shaped swimming pool of Staff's Club, close to Road 7?
apparently I did remember along NbM road amigo avenue Road 7 !!! Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 11:28am On May 14, 2015
Nice piece @ op but in your heart you and i know say 90% of members of the sug,keggites or whatever political organizations in schools are also members of one confra or another so if u dig deep enough u will find no one is really a saint they are just smart enough to appear angelic to the ordinary people ...Chuka aka "chunk"...and for those blaming Wale Soyinka i don't think its fair cos he never really created the system that way or can you blame God for creating Lucifer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 11:52am On May 14, 2015
Lewisj:
This is "moi moi", compared to what happened in AAU 1999 and 2002. We will never forget. #SAYNOTOCULTISM#.

my matric day and the day ACON saw hell
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by zimoni(f): 2:24pm On May 14, 2015
What a thread. Early in the morning, I was in my Mom's store when I saw convoy of vehicles filled with students at Sabo junction. I went to the junction to ask what was going on, that was when I knew what happened. They drove round Ife, caught some cultists and took them to the campus. It was a terrible incident.

RIP Afrika and the rest victims.

I tried several times to attend OAU, I eventually attended FUTA. God knows better.

OAU......Oba Awon Universities. The King of them all.

sonymerlot, please come and complete the narration. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by delishpot: 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
Phizzlephizz:

Mehn bro there is a difference these cultist kill just for the fun and the scores and just so people would dread them and yet they're all fucking broke

Like waste of blood fa? grin . Anyhoe, one shouldnt kill anybody for any reason other than self defence if need be.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 14, 2015
runnazz:

my matric day and the day ACON saw hell
tell us what happened
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 14, 2015
alotofgrace:

I actually wasn't in school then...but I will get d details. I knew it involved sug, cult group and some lecturers or so... Will let u know

OK...we r waiting

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 14, 2015
mainman7:

jesicajonna:
apparently I did remember along NbM road amigo avenue Road 7 !!! Hmmmmm

hmmmm
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 14, 2015
davies:
That is why we have called upon all tertiary institutions to involve Peace on Campus Initiative.( PCI) Nigeria to help combat Cultism to Zero Level.. PCI Nigeria is offers physical and intelligence services to Combat Cultism in UNIUYO, AKWAPOLY, IKOT OSURUA, & AKWA IBOM STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION. AFAHA NSIT.. In these schools we have helped to reduce Cultism to the bearest minimum and we are aiming a Zero Tolerance Cult Free Academic Environment.. PCI Nigeria.. Keeping Our Campuses Safe..

PEace on Campus in my school (Imo State university) didn't reduce cultism, rather it was filled with cutlists harassing and intimidating innocent students
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by berbajiday(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
Wow
JesusDWay:
God just saved me that day. We were to write Physics 101 test the following day and i had planned reading in the school area and carry fresh brain into the test hall, didn't know what made me decide to leave for hostel around 9.30pm and went to sleep. Woke up later around 4.30 and was hearing gunshots, before that period we had been told they were trying to regroup around new buka and so, i started making mouth that - these cultists don't fear us again o....not knowing the gunshots was sounding from Awo Hall. Later, a room member was like if all of us can just rush them, they will run away. Nnext thing i heard was someone shouting - E Jade o! E jade o! Won ti pa Afrika o!(Come out, Come out, they have killed Afrika). Omo! See diving like we would enter under the bed. Some of my roomies were just shouting - Off the light! Off the light! Who wants to die grin. Next morning, i took off to Ibadan straight.....was hearing the rest on news...till we went back after some days. Even, aftershocks still came when some people will raise false alarm that they around again....see the way people will take off and one of my room mates got injured in the process. Mehn! Those were periods when Unionism was Unionism! No school like Ife
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Fringes(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Dr 3As? I remember some years ago when he was being trailed by Prof. Fabayo (Fabro) while coming out from PG Hall. I could not believe Fabro gather the courage to pursue to the entrance of Awolowo Hall. Fabro was later chased by awoites and he ran into his car and sped.

Dear OrlandiOwoh, were you a resident of Awolowo Hall then? I was! It was my last session in the hostels. 3As ran into Awo through the little side-gate adjacent the main hall entrance and raised alarm. Fabro was said to have disappeared immediately!

I lived on block eight "Medical" floor then alongside the likes of David 'Deviano' Adejuwon who was the. SUG President, Segun 'Bombata' Meroyi, the Awo Hall Chairman, 'Denge', the Kegites 'World Chief', John 'Pillar' Monday and a couple of other folks. I feel so bad to have forgotten ' Denge's' real name. He was a great guy. I last saw him in Osogbo years later when his first child was born. We had a clear view of the road and the happenings!

Meanwhile, your moniker is one of the few ones I follow on Nairaland on the sheer basis of the quality of your posts and comments.

I'm proud you are also an Awolowo Hall alumnus and that we were there at about the same time.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Raxxye(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
I still remember watching the news of that massacre in national TV back in 1999. It was simply horrifying!
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by tpiadotcom: 3:28pm On May 14, 2015
Fringes:

Dear OrlandiOwoh,

Orlando, not the Italian version.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Fringes(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Orlando, not the Italian version.
*Smiles*
I stand corrected. Really, it was my touchscreen.
*Dear OrlandoOwoh*
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by tpiadotcom: 3:59pm On May 14, 2015
^ those things, eh.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:09pm On May 14, 2015
Fringes:

Dear OrlandiOwoh, were you a resident of Awolowo Hall then? I was! It was my last session in the hostels. 3As ran into Awo through the little side-gate adjacent the main hall entrance and raised alarm. Fabro was said to have disappeared immediately!

I lived on block eight "Medical" floor then alongside the likes of David 'Deviano' Adejuwon who was the. SUG President, Segun 'Bombata' Meroyi, the Awo Hall Chairman, 'Denge', the Kegites 'World Chief', John 'Pillar' Monday and a couple of other folks. I feel so bad to have forgotten ' Denge's' real name. He was a great guy. I last saw him in Osogbo years later when his first child was born. We had a clear view of the road and the happenings!

Meanwhile, your moniker is one of the few ones I follow on Nairaland on the sheer basis of the quality of your posts and comments.

I'm proud you are also an Awolowo Hall alumnus and that we were there at about the same time.
I always wonder at what gives Fabro confidence. He slaps students that are not well dressed at will. He was slap a student that was sitting on the railings beside SSLT I and SSLT II. I learnt he once chaced a student from Auditorium I to Angola Hall.
Awolowo Hall is a great place to live in. The level of communalism is so high. It's the only hall that not only celebrates its week within the hall but also in Amphitheatre. In Amphitheatre, they come with force with aro. People like Bombata, Google, Woli Agba, etc were prominent here.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2015
runnazz:
Nice piece @ op but in your heart you and i know say 90% of members of the sug,keggites or whatever political organizations in schools are also members of one confra or another so if u dig deep enough u will find no one is really a saint they are just smart enough to appear angelic to the ordinary people ...Chuka aka "chunk"...and for those blaming Wale Soyinka i don't think its fair cos he never really created the system that way or can you blame God for creating Lucifer?
Do you have proof that members of the Student Union (not SUG as we don't run a government, but a union) and Keggite were cultists? Were you a student of OAU?
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Bimffo(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2015
ayokunlei:

all being said,... Oau or Funaab peace no reach Unilorin's own...
I think your brain dint comprehend what I said there.

2 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by tpiadotcom: 4:57pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:
The meeting for the attack was held at the SRC chamber of University of Ibadan.

heard something like that.

Some people knew the attack was going to happen in Ife but not the timing.

usually happens in such instances. There is prior knowledge but details are not given.

I served with one of the guys that was arrested in Rivers. He was a son of a FUTA professor. He said most guys that took part in the attack were arrested by DSS. Some without powerful backings were outrightly shot, while the luckier ones were taken to court for more than 4years and they were silently released.

i wonder if the unlucky participants were aware they'd be caught and pay the penalty.

sounds like war planning.

anyway, lord have mercy sha.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by berbajiday(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2015
Sony merlot pls come and complete ur story o. I'm itcing. As an OAU alumnus dt came in 2008 n finished 12, July10 was and is always a historic day in OAU. RIP our fallen heroes, we shall never 4get u.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by mamanga: 5:17pm On May 14, 2015
Holywizard:

Which one be 1....4.....7 is it à jamb no or corra no abi n'a baba ijebu no?
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Stunner1(f): 5:20pm On May 14, 2015
PrinceMario:
still an undergraduate.....you're an alumna?

Yes ooooo a proud one at that smiley
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 3ace(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2015
lionphil:

Can this be the only Dr 3ace to have graced the Only.African.University? Oga mi, I'm loyal Great Life won't have been the way it is but for people like you. Baba mo beri for your doggedness!
Chairman! Me too I hail o! Sorry to have wrongly misled you guys with this moniker. I no be 3ace o; Abeg, just fashi dis moniker jare. I hope people will see my disclaimer on that comment and further prevent them from being misled again. Thank you.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 3ace(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2015
onyxo76:
my classmate and colleague ,how life treating you...good to see you here.
Good to see you too. I'm fine and I hope life has been mild on you too. But please, note that I'm not the 3ace you know. Refer to my disclaimer on that comment. Thank you.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 3ace(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2015
bruno47:
I saw doctor 3ace's post,Can someone pls link me to Akinola Saburri,doctor 3ace intact the pacesetters in oau then?
isacolukay:

Is this the same Dr 3As? Baba if na u, na Comrade Isaac.
marcusmide:

Adeniyi Akanni Adenekan, one of the few most articulate student activists Ife produced, how are you doing bro.
Sorry guys, I'm not 3ace. Refer to my disclaimer on the first page. Thank you.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by sonymerlot: 9:19pm On May 14, 2015
@zimoni and berbajyday - There isn’t much story/narration to tell other than the genesis of the whole July 1999 cult attack and how it all started back at the birthday party in March 6 - 7 (Friday night/Saturday morning).

Enough booze to drink and enough chops to eat also! The DJ was Dotun Or was the DJ from Ibadan?? Can’t really remember much about the DJ. But it was a fun night even though it didn’t last till early morning.

Fryo was really quiet all through the party. Mere looking at his face sef, you dare not make any attempt to want to enter. I was bounced initially, but later permitted entry. It was a nice birthday party if not for those Cult/club boys that made attempts to disrupt the whole thing. They were pained and probably high. In fact, we were later told that these cultists/club boys actually came to the party with the AK47 gun. The gun was actually in one of the cars they brought to the party.

It took the help and assistance of a son to the owner of Mayfair hotel to pacify these guys while they were playing with electric power switch. The idea was that once the light is off, the ladies will want to leave the party for the club party.

I remember that one Efosa was picked up days after the party - so many people were picked up and some even left studies permanently. There was a guy by the name Biggie always on camouflage (originally from lagos and he had family in staff quaters). I understand the guy bail out of the country completely.

@onyx076 – No, I never stayed on road 20. Lived off oau campus full time. However, I am regular at my family friends place on road 7 and friends with his friends. As per the birthday ladies – I know they were both at some point studying in the US and UK and I know they are married now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.