Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai (78478 Views)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students / Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Nemere2020: 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7083543/chrisland-school-accused-covering-up

https://www.nairaland.com/7084316/lagos-shuts-down-chrisland-school

Chrisland School, Lagos, has broken its silence on the sex scandal that forced Lagos government to shut all its branches in the state.

In a viral video, a 10-year-old female pupil of the school was seen being involved in sexual act with some male pupils.

The incident, which sparked outrage on social media, was said to have occurred during a trip to Dubai for the World School Games that held between March 8 and March 14, 2022.

Daily Trust had earlier contacted the school over the incident, but a representative, who spoke said a statement would be issued.

In the statement, which Akin Fadeyi, a member of the School’s Advisory Board issued on behalf of the management, the school confirmed that a total of 76 students were taken to Dubai.

Of the 76 children who represented Chrisland, Fadeyi disclosed that 71 “ensured an untainted adherence to the standards, abiding with laid down regulations and code of conduct”.

“Within these 71, we kept our girls on the 11th floor and Boys on the 4th floor to draw clear lines that respect moral boundaries.”

“While we understand the emotions this has generated, we assure the public that our first approach as an institution was to assume parental roles by offering support to those involved and ensuring that nothing affected their senses of esteem. However, after a comprehensive evaluation of the situation, we cannot help but express how scandalised and distressed we feel as mothers, fathers and instructors with a relationship that holds a direct bearing on the development of those involved.

“We were, however, compelled to engage with the parents of the remaining students who unfortunately got themselves involved in misconduct, and in accordance with our code of conduct processes, which are well known to the parents, we meted out measured reprimands to them to instill a sense of discipline and as deterrence to others. This was also to caution our students on the need to remain on the path of resisting wrong influences.

“The disciplinary action was in order not to undermine our cohesive culture as a community of future leaders and committed instructors, but to be assertive in handing down the sort of discipline that seeks to correct and reform our children, when they stray from the path of rectitude.

“While we hasten to affirm that as an institution that is managing children from diverse backgrounds, we cannot lay claim to, or embark on any sense of self-righteousness in our approach, but we learn and evolve within the frames of best practices every single day. We recognise that there will always be space for improvement, we are therefore irrevocably committed to re-evaluating our processes to reinforce child protection protocols, even as we shall leave no stone unturned in ensuring that the senses of esteem of the children involved are uncompromisingly preserved.”

Fadeyi also denied that a pregnancy test was conducted on the minor involved in the act as claimed by the mother, explaining that it was a COVID post travel test.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-five-pupils-misbehaved-in-dubai-chrisland-breaks-silence-on-sex-scandal

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
PARENTS failed that child!
SCHOOL failed that child!
SOCIETY failed that child!

375 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by immortalcrown(m): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2022
School management is hard oh! But this news left one stone unturned. How did the girl end up with boys in a room? The truth is not yet out. The earlier the school says the whole truth, the better for the school. The parents of the kids, the school management and the society contribute to the perversion.

However, the boy is lucky. The society would have buried him alive if there is no video to show he did not rape the girl. His own parents are quiet because they have shame. The girl's mother wants to play smart in a society that is smarter than her. The boy and the girl need to be disciplined according to their ages to avoid their future being ruined.

But wait oh! As una go the world school game finish, which trophy una win? Abi the video na una trophy? Abi na show off una wan go do and the video come spoil the show? E be like say village people follow una reach Dubai. grin

494 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by emmy512: 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by emperor863(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
This episode is a big scandal that the school should not be allowed to wriggle out of. How can a school of such calibre (or any school for that matter) allow such underage children to cohabit to the extent that they were able to engage in sexual activities and even recorded it on their phones. Is it normal for boarded students to have access to mobile phones? What a big shame.

The parents of all the children should bury their heads in shame because ordinarily, at that age (of ten years) the children should not even develop an urge for sex. Only God knows what type of moral and home training some people give to their children. That girl obviously was not having sex for the first time.

The parents should be brought to book on this because the law can do virtually nothing to these children on account of their respective ages.

Lastly, this should be a reflection of what the society really is. If this has happened, it means it can happen (or is also happening) in hundred of other cases in the country - especially among the upper crust of the society where a lot of scandals abound. Whether we like to believe or not, similar thing is happening in boarding schools all over the country.

May God heal our land and cleanse it of all satanic influence.

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Julianaa: 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Big shame to all parties involved

Modified: she is a teacher

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Officialzito: 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Julianaa: 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
I remember a case like this where two students were recorded having intercourse

The lady was sent abroad for scholarship

Nigeria for you

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by gender123: 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by OriOko88(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
The excesses of most of these rich kids is outta this world. They re over confident and always think they're intelligent...over pampered lots. The way their parents expose them to different sophisticated gadgets and tools,believing they re treating them nicely and exposing them to d modern world is ludicrous.

So when some of them misbehave like these ones I don't really get amused cos the parents have already damage their physce. Initially when I saw d video,I tot the students were black american teens with the mastery of d little girl in the sex scene..I was really stunned.
Most of those rich kids HV little respect and no fear whatsoever for their parents.. I always witness how those kids relate with their parents when I was staying in an estate.. So saucy kids. undecided

255 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Mazing: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Keepamsafe: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Yes. This is a serious case and must be treated as such.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Crafteck1: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hm

1 Like

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nigeria has failed that girl child

2 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Geeman2006: 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
Wow.. Total parental failure. If you're gonna fail yourself, make sure you don't fail your kids. Obviously , those kids are spoilt and have been exposed to things way ahead of their age. Pay attention to your kids at all times no Matter how busy you're schedule May be.
One brother, sister, aunt , uncle, neighbor, teacher etc is there teaching and indoctrinating nonsense into them. Now I seem to appreciate why my folks were unnecessarily strict atimes when growing up. If I remember the beating I will get from my mom when I get back home if I EF up, I just fall in line and desist. These are tough times. Shine ya eye

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by abbey621(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

It's not the job of society to raise your child!

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by fistonati(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
When they asked parents to condemn activities of BBN in totality, they turned deaf ear thinking the kids are not seeing and interpreting the immoral acts.

They think giving out phones to children is part of raising a child especially phones with adult contents they ( parents) have on the phones.

Parents no longer have time for their kids and seeing sending children to boarding schools are worthy competition.

Imagine olosho sef dey say poor parenting �‍♂️�‍♂️

Boneless defense

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by siofra(f): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
Nigeria has failed that girl child

And the boy child?

Society fulfilled him undecided

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by ImoleNaija: 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
Schools can only try, abeg. Charity begins at home, they say.

What do you expect from an undisciplined generation? A society where immorality/indiscipline is glorified everyday. Teens twerking & showing cleavages on social media.

If you look into it well, iPhones could be the said kids' toys.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.....

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by NNTR: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nemere2020:
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7083543/chrisland-school-accused-covering-up

https://www.nairaland.com/7084316/lagos-shuts-down-chrisland-school

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-five-pupils-misbehaved-in-dubai-chrisland-breaks-silence-on-sex-scandal

MrBrownJay1:
Chrisland 2019
Dowen College
Deeper Life Secondary school
Premier Academy
Now again Chrisland 2022
Nobi today, FOWL con dey get yansh for back

We all failed each other. The country failed mum and girl. Also wasnt a nice way to treat the mum, keeping her in dark all the way

One cannot even anymore send kids in peace to boarding schools

Victims of a decadent society.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

7 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Woleobi: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
The school was careless, yes. But this was not the girl's first encounter or the fifth. She is a pro. Who groomed her sexually? These are questions to be answered. Others in the video are also sexually experienced. How come they are so exposed to sex at such a young age? What kind of upbringing do these kids have from home? Can the girl be placed on therapy to overcome this ordeal? These are questions to be answered. Not just closing down the schools and re-opening them after a month for the same thing to happen again!

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by AMGBoss(m): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Jokerman(m): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
To manage adults, is not easy, not to talk of young children who want to continuously explore...

11 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by joyandfaith: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
Very correct. I also believe some adult have been grooming those kids especially the girl.

7 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by itsja4: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
Owning a school is almost all about serious monitoring now...
Imagine closing the whole branches of chrisland!!!!! Choi

5 Likes

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by Brendaniel: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
The truth is boarding house has outlived it's time in present day world, I went to boarding house in the late 90's and there are somethings that happened, till date I can't even share with just anyone, and that was when there were no mobile phones and social media and it was an only boys school, after I left I said to myself I will never put my child in boarding house or advise anyone to do so, that was back then, now compare that time to over 20 years with all the rubbish going on the internet with social media and sex appeal.

If I were in charge of government, I will ban boarding house, some parents don't know that parenting style should change as the world is changing, you can't use old style of training children for modern times, boarding house doesn't help at all at this time, it worked in the past.

for programs like this competition, the school should make sure at least 1 parent or guardian should come along for such event, the expenses should be bore by the parent or the the child will be withdrawn from the event.

The housemaster thing cannot be as effective as parenting, if some parents that have only 4 children sometimes find it difficult to monitor and control their children, is it now a housemaster that will now effectively monitor and control over 76 children.

Parents need to be closer to their children now more than ever since the entire existence of mankind...

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai by jude33084(m): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed / Abu Zaria Admission Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.