Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? (418 Views)

EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts / Fayose Struggles To Justify Statements About Aisha Buhari As She Arrives In US / Jaykay Pharmacy Tax Receipts - #fasholalied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 12, 2015
To all you nairaland that like to Justify the wealth of fraudsters like Akpabio,Tinubu,Okorocha,OBJ,Goodluck Jonathan,Odili can any of them publish their tax recipts of the last 20 years. The tax rate for anyone earning over N2 million a month is 24% so most of these politicians are in the highest tax bracket,based on the wealth of these indivuals each of them should have paid billions of naira in tax over the last 20 years.
Do you think any of them can come out clean after publishing their tax return on how they acquired their estates,private jets, hotels etc.
The way to tackle corruption is to strengthen the IRS where you have to justify how you acquired these assets based on how much tax you paid.
Re: Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 12, 2015
Buhari and Ben Bruce will grin

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by jascon1(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2015
Question for GMB to ask the elites
Re: Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by feedthenation(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2015
I don't think any politician will be bold enough to disclose such information.

However, it should be part of the requirement for any aspiring politician to disclose 'genuine and authentic' tax information when seeking election.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 12, 2015
Jklue007:
Buhari and Ben Bruce will grin

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
I agree Ben bruce has Silverbird Cinemas and TV station we know the roots of his business from over 20 years ago so we can trace his taxes and how he acquired his wealth. Also Buhari based on the properties in Kadanu,Kano and Daura which are modest in size we can justify how he acquired his wealth,he was Chairman of NNPC,Commisioner of Petroelum and President, he owns no filling station,oil block,estate.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Politician Show Tax Receipts Over The Last 20 Years To Justify Wealth? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 12, 2015
feedthenation:
I don't think any politician will be bold enough to disclose such information.

However, it should be part of the requirement for any aspiring politician to disclose 'genuine and authentic' tax information when seeking election.
It should be a requirement for them to publish their tax receipts each year and they should disclose their assets with the Code of Conduct Tribunal at the beginning and expiration of their tenure.
This is the only way corruption can be tackled

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chairman Finally Resign... / PDP Chairman, Mu’azu’s Resignation, A Welcome Development - Gov Fayose / 579 Officers,soldiers To Face Court Martial-army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.