Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Can I Discover Myself?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Discover Myself?? (812 Views)

Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Amazing! Hebrew Scholars Discover Hidden Message From God In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Discover Myself?? by Mickheal(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2015
By 'myself' I mean "my talent"
I brought dis post to religious section cos I guess there are pple that can help me here.
I don't know if I don't have a talent or I have discover it yet, if there z a way to know that, I need help...
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by onetrack(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2015
Look for things that interest you. Most people who are talented at something also have a passion for that activity. If you can spend all day engaged in an activity without getting bored, then that's a sign that you might become quite good at it.
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by Mickheal(m): 8:39pm On May 12, 2015
onetrack:
Look for things that interest you. Most people who are talented at something also have a passion for that activity. If you can spend all day engaged in an activity without getting bored, then that's a sign that you might become quite good at it.
Thanks ...
I love watching movie that has never bored me if its an interesting one and listening to music too does not bored me.... Does that mean something?
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by gatiano(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2015
Get to know yourself first, You should know the knowledge of self, of God/creator and of the devil. Know your history, no historical knowledge of yourself, future will not be joyous, it may be bounty but not happy.

https://www.nairaland.com/2163386/african-blackroots-science-religion-science
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by onetrack(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2015
Mickheal:

Thanks ...
I love watching movie that has never bored me if its an interesting one and listening to music too does not bored me.... Does that mean something?

Well, I was thinking about some kind of activity that requires a marketable skill. Not sure what watching movies can do, though a few people make a living as film critics. It wouldn't be easy to make much money doing it unless you have a big following.

Do you have a favorite school subject or any hobby/pastime that you like and enjoy doing?
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by Mickheal(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2015
onetrack:

Well, I was thinking about some kind of activity that requires a marketable skill. Not sure what watching movies can do, though a few people make a living as film critics. It wouldn't be easy to make much money doing it unless you have a big following.

Do you have a favorite school subject or any hobby/pastime that you like and enjoy doing?
I do love some subjects but nt very good at them.... Economics, maths and english do interest me .....I'm studying banking and finance at ospoly , I like the course
Does that mean a talent?
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by onetrack(m): 9:35pm On May 12, 2015
Mickheal:

I do love some subjects but nt very good at them.... Economics, maths and english do interest me .....I'm studying banking and finance at ospoly , I like the course
Does that mean a talent?

Not necessarily. Talents are something that you develop over time with practice. Most of the best musicians in the world are that way because they practiced way more than other people, not because of some inborn talent.

If you really spend a lot of time focusing on one or two things, you will become quite good at them. If you spend more time than other people doing something, you will probably become better than them at that task. And practising something is always easier when you like what it is you are doing.
Re: How Can I Discover Myself?? by Mickheal(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2015
onetrack:

Not necessarily. Talents are something that you develop over time with practice. Most of the best musicians in the world are that way because they practiced way more than other people, not because of some inborn talent.

If you really spend a lot of time focusing on one or two things, you will become quite good at them. If you spend more time than other people doing something, you will probably become better than them at that task. And practising something is always easier when you like what it is you are doing.
I'm very grateful,
Thanks for this

(1) (Reply)

Why The Sabbath Changed From Saturday To Sunday? / What Fruit Did Adam Eat? / Happy Sallah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.