Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708478 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Just once and that's it.
Ok
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Walspring:

When you cancelled once, The second time you will giving a notification that if you accept and click yes you will forfeit your Visa fee
Ok thanks my chief. The dilemma is school resumes aug 17 while interview is aug 11 very close and risky. Meanwhile i dont qualify for emergency cos i hav been denied b4. What can i do? I think i dont qualify for expedited too or do i? Pls are there agent that can help bring it forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
angel34real:
. . Visa approved by 7:30am. Have benefited a lot from peoples's experiences and suggestion.Deem it expedient to post mine as it could help someone out there....Mine was simply the wonder of God @work.Left 4 Lagos from Port Harcourt on Tuesday evening (16:30hrs arik air flight).I arrived @ about 17:30hrs headed straight to Piccadilly hotel..Headed to d embassy the next day 4my interview schedule for 06:30am .Did check in, observed all the do's and biometrics and was called in window 7. The following conversation ensued. VO; Good morning 2U. Me; Morning (with a brisk but possessing smile); VO: Can I have your first four right fingers to validate the biometrics; Me; Confidently had dat done.
VO: you are going for what course? Me: I am going for Master degree in Geology with specific emphasis on sedimentary petrology and stratigraphy. VO: which state are you heading to; Me: Texas state. VO: you have a first degree here in Nigeria; Me: yes ma'am; VO: what course; Me: same course Geology. VO: when did you finish and what have you been doing; Me: finished In 2008 from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, kaduna state and immediately after my studies I went for my NYSC Program where I worked as a secondary school teacher, just before I finished service, I got employed by my current employer. Vo: where do you work: Me:Masters Energy oil & gas co. Limited in port Harcourt. Vo: what do you do; Me: work in the petroleum analytical laboratory as a senior geoscientist analyst where I carry out sampling, testing, quality assurance and recertification on white petroleum products such as premium motor spirit, automotive gas oil, dual purpose kerosene, aviation fuel, low pour fuel oil and analysis of crude from vessels and shore tank while ensuring Nigeria and international specifications are adhered to without compromising product quality using classical and modern instrumentals methods such as distillation apparatus, colorimeter, specific density meter, conductivity meter, viscosity meter, and flash point apparatus testing for its quality, Density, observed viscosity at 20 degree Celsius, flash point, appearance, colour, water interface rating, copper corrosion, pour point, specific gravity, smoke point, odour and electrical conductivity. I also carry out analysis and testing of base oil and various grades of Masters Energy lube oil such as the engine oil, hydraulic oil, gear oil, asphalt oil and bitumen oil using svm3000 stabinger viscometer. VO: how much do you earn: Me: 350,000. Vo: how do you plan paying your fees: Me: I will do that ma'am; Vo: can I have your statement; Me: looked at me like this lady is independent. I have a good income, hence a good savings. VO; took my docs aside and informed me to pick up my visa on Monday in port Harcourt dhl office trans amadi. Me: thanks.

NB: No document was asked aside my bank statement, payslips, test score sheets, letter of introduction from my company nor letter of employment.

Thanks to everybody that has assisted me one way or the other since I joined this thread. Special thanks go to my good friends (more than just friends); Kennyronny and Darklight. Also, God bless Imperioux, Slimmy05, profojah, walspring. et al. The list is endless. GOD bless you all.

Key is; Pray, fast, prepare early, don't be intimidated by denials you see for people before you.

Nice one and enjoy your stay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
nairapolice:

Ok thanks my chief. The dilemma is school resumes aug 17 while interview is aug 11 very close and risky. Meanwhile i dont qualify for emergency cos i hav been denied b4. What can i do? I think i dont qualify for expedited too or do i? Pls are there agent that can help bring it forward?

No agent can help unless you do night vigil yourself and look for early date but is 50/50 chance(s)

After getting visa and you can't meet up there is not bad to defer so as to strategise for a new traveling plans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
adewoleray:

I read something like MPH is eligible for a one year OPT there can't be any further extension after the one year OPT unlike some other courses where their OPT can be extended by another 17months or so
Pls is this correct ?

Yep
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
sammynwaGod:

are you sure about that?

Yeah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
profojah:

I'm infront of piccadilly right now, Oya come outside....lol grin
*Go and get your visa dearie..We await your testimony...

Lol...

I cant see you because i am at the back of piccadilly grin grin grin grin grin

Hopefully next week i go show
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
coobboy:

Lol, na so o, forget that thing, i still be new comer for plenty lane o

No wahala now, we go jam for that side before we move.. .. Your wife go dey wait for you at the western world brah grin

Nothing do you boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
efizzy22:
no I'm not bro... I stay in Abuja

Okay sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
angel34real:
. . Visa approved by 7:30am. Have benefited a lot from peoples's experiences and suggestion.Deem it expedient to post mine as it could help someone out there....Mine was simply the wonder of God @work.Left 4 Lagos from Port Harcourt on Tuesday evening (16:30hrs arik air flight).I arrived @ about 17:30hrs headed straight to Piccadilly hotel..Headed to d embassy the next day 4my interview schedule for 06:30am .Did check in, observed all the do's and biometrics and was called in window 7. The following conversation ensued. VO; Good morning 2U. Me; Morning (with a brisk but possessing smile); VO: Can I have your first four right fingers to validate the biometrics; Me; Confidently had dat done.
VO: you are going for what course? Me: I am going for Master degree in Geology with specific emphasis on sedimentary petrology and stratigraphy. VO: which state are you heading to; Me: Texas state. VO: you have a first degree here in Nigeria; Me: yes ma'am; VO: what course; Me: same course Geology. VO: when did you finish and what have you been doing; Me: finished In 2008 from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, kaduna state and immediately after my studies I went for my NYSC Program where I worked as a secondary school teacher, just before I finished service, I got employed by my current employer. Vo: where do you work: Me:Masters Energy oil & gas co. Limited in port Harcourt. Vo: what do you do; Me: [b]work in the petroleum analytical laboratory as a senior geoscientist analyst where I carry out sampling, testing, quality assurance and recertification on white petroleum products such as premium motor spirit, automotive gas oil, dual purpose kerosene, aviation fuel, low pour fuel oil and analysis of crude from vessels and shore tank while ensuring Nigeria and international specifications are adhered to without compromising product quality using classical and modern instrumentals methods such as distillation apparatus, colorimeter, specific density meter, conductivity meter, viscosity meter, and flash point apparatus testing for its quality, Density, observed viscosity at 20 degree Celsius, flash point, appearance, colour, water interface rating, copper corrosion, pour point, specific gravity, smoke point, odour and electrical conductivity. I also carry out analysis and testing of base oil and various grades of Masters Energy lube oil such as the engine oil, hydraulic oil, gear oil, asphalt oil and bitumen oil using svm3000 stabinger viscometer. [/b] VO: how much do you earn: Me: 350,000. Vo: how do you plan paying your fees: Me: I will do that ma'am; Vo: can I have your statement; Me: looked at me like this lady is independent. I have a good income, hence a good savings. VO; took my docs aside and informed me to pick up my visa on Monday in port Harcourt dhl office trans amadi. Me: thanks.

NB: No document was asked aside my bank statement, payslips, test score sheets, letter of introduction from my company nor letter of employment.

Thanks to everybody that has assisted me one way or the other since I joined this thread. Special thanks go to my good friends (more than just friends); Kennyronny and Darklight. Also, God bless Imperioux, Slimmy05, profojah, walspring. et al. The list is endless. GOD bless you all.

Key is; Pray, fast, prepare early, don't be intimidated by denials you see for people before you.

Congrats!
Were you really allowed to talk that long @bolded ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
nairapolice:

Bro why don't you defer the admission to spring16, and you'l have enough time to prepare for the VO..
You're in a dilemma of not getting an early date and I'm pretty sure this will be affecting your preparation. Well, if this sounds sour, just keep checking the site almost every minute (most preferably: late in the night), you might be lucky of seeing one. But pls don't let that disturb your preparation.. I wish you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by durobraham(f): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
pumpin26:
My interview happened on Monday 6.30am, but I have been busy reason for the delayed transcript. This forum thread has been fantastic and does 50% of the work needed for people to get their visa. The selfless service of gurus and members cannot be ignored. Sometimes their hard or straight talks often cause commotion , but its better they tell us the reality and what is possible than people chasing shadows . bbdd (he packaged and inspired me) and slimmy are often attacked for their straight talks, but these two guys were instrumental to getting my visa. Also, the tendency of people looking for the easiest way out of everything and not doing the necessary diligent home work are the major reasons for many denials. If advice given is followed and tailored to one’s application, then I see no reason why people can’t pick up their visas easily. The job of the VO is to look for reasons to deny people( VOs are doing their jobs), but our job is to not give the VO the chance, and block every loophole possible in our applications and during interviews by preparing for all possible questions. I believe the forum has helped immensely. The visa journey is not smooth, but achievable .

VO: morning
ME: morning
VO: what school are you heading to?
ME: University of Iowa
Vo: what program are you going for there?
Me: PhD in Health Informatics.
VO: How did you get to know about the school ?
ME: I did extensive research about schools offering PhD in Health informatics using professional websites like American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) , Health Informatics Forum and other search engines and streamlined programs in clinical informatics and health data analytics. This is in line with my research (…cut ) ( my advice every course has a professional website. Instead of people saying usnews, Princeton etc , that VOs keep hearing daily and I consider cliché. Mention the American professional websites of the course you want to study)
VO: why university of Iowa
Me: I have a Master’s degree in health informatics and the school is among the top schools offering training in the field of Health informatics. It has an excellent program in health data analytics.
VO: you have a masters degree?
Me: Yes I have a master’s degree in Health informatics from the University of Leeds
Vo : Health informatics and what’s that about?
Me: Health informatics is the use of information technology to leverage the delivery of health with the aim of improving the safety, quality and efficiency of heath service delivery..(cut)\
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me. The school is my sponsor. I am on full funding as stated on the i20. It covers.. tuition…(cut)
Vo : Do you have any other document that shows the breakdown of your scholarship other than i20.
Me: I gladly gave her my admission letter and I started smiling
She had no choice too , but also smiled with the good new

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Walspring:

Lol...

I cant see you because i am at the back of piccadilly grin grin grin grin grin

Hopefully next week i go show
No wahala Oga mi..#Just don't forget that stuff.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by esperiense(m): 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Walspring:

No agent can help unless you do night vigil yourself and look for early date but is 50/50 chance(s)

After getting visa and you can't meet up there is not bad to defer so as to strategise for a new traveling plans
Alright, i might do that then. Thanks for the key answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adewoleray: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
biikeys:

Yep
I just wish to remain in the US after my masters and OPT, but now that mph only offers a 12 months OPT, should I look for the masters that will offer a 27 months OPT ?
What I want is just to remain in the US and be working there legally
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by alfonso36(m): 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
Please when is the right time for an undergraduate to begin his admission process?

what are the necessary documents one needs to have?

What exam is an undergraduate supposed to register for? e.g SAT TOEFL GRE.

my uncle will be sponsering me, hes a special adviser to a state governor, please i need help and answeds thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
esperiense:

Alright, i might do that then. Thanks for the key answers

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
alfonso36:
Please when is the right time for an undergraduate to begin his admission process?

what are the necessary documents one needs to have?

What exam is an undergraduate supposed to register for? e.g SAT TOEFL GRE.

my uncle will be sponsering me, hes a special adviser to a state governor, please i need help and answeds thanks

You check your school website and get the documents needed but you need waec result with scratch card to check it online, App fee, Courier fee and high school transcripts (not applicable to all schools), data page front page.

SAT and Toefl because GRE is for graduate students(you have been told this before so why asking again, are you doubting)

Good to know that your uncle is your sponsor..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
profojah:

No wahala Oga mi..#Just don't forget that stuff.. Thanks

I no forget big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
adewoleray:

I just wish to remain in the US after my masters and OPT, but now that mph only offers a 12 months OPT, should I look for the masters that will offer a 27 months OPT ?
Thanks

Lol.... Anyway go and marry so that you will be there till the end of time grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okay guys, thanks for being there for us all. I picked up my visa from dhl isolo today.

It's time to do my flight booking and payment...

I'm going to bridgeport, and my poe will be jfk new york. Please is there a straight flight, and which airlines?

And any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks y'all!

And a big congratulations to all those that got approval today.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adeyemidare(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
pumpin26:
My interview happened on Monday 6.30am, but I have been busy reason for the delayed transcript. This forum thread has been fantastic and does 50% of the work needed for people to get their visa. The selfless service of gurus and members cannot be ignored. Sometimes their hard or straight talks often cause commotion , but its better they tell us the reality and what is possible than people chasing shadows . bbdd (he packaged and inspired me) and slimmy are often attacked for their straight talks, but these two guys were instrumental to getting my visa. Also, the tendency of people looking for the easiest way out of everything and not doing the necessary diligent home work are the major reasons for many denials. If advice given is followed and tailored to one’s application, then I see no reason why people can’t pick up their visas easily. The job of the VO is to look for reasons to deny people( VOs are doing their jobs), but our job is to not give the VO the chance, and block every loophole possible in our applications and during interviews by preparing for all possible questions. I believe the forum has helped immensely. The visa journey is not smooth, but achievable .

VO: morning
ME: morning
VO: what school are you heading to?
ME: University of Iowa
Vo: what program are you going for there?
Me: PhD in Health Informatics.
VO: How did you get to know about the school ?
ME: I did extensive research about schools offering PhD in Health informatics using professional websites like American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) , Health Informatics Forum and other search engines and streamlined programs in clinical informatics and health data analytics. This is in line with my research (…cut ) ( my advice every course has a professional website. Instead of people saying usnews, Princeton etc , that VOs keep hearing daily and I consider cliché. Mention the American professional websites of the course you want to study)
VO: why university of Iowa
Me: I have a Master’s degree in health informatics and the school is among the top schools offering training in the field of Health informatics. It has an excellent program in health data analytics.
VO: you have a masters degree?
Me: Yes I have a master’s degree in Health informatics from the University of Leeds
Vo : Health informatics and what’s that about?
Me: Health informatics is the use of information technology to leverage the delivery of health with the aim of improving the safety, quality and efficiency of heath service delivery..(cut)\
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me. The school is my sponsor. I am on full funding as stated on the i20. It covers.. tuition…(cut)
Vo : Do you have any other document that shows the breakdown of your scholarship other than i20.
Me: I gladly gave her my admission letter and I started smiling
She had no choice too , but also smiled with the good new

Hello, what's my chances of getting full funding package for doctoral program in geography or planning in a good school with a B.Sc. CGPA of 4.5/5, GRE awaiting, 5 years volunteer teaching experience and multiple awards. Am interested in fall 2016 admission and looking at reducing application costs. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
I will advice you read your assistantantship letter well for rules guiding deferment.in my own case, it is written that the offer will be given to another student incase you deem fit to defer to another semester.
wiseman2392:
These gurus in the house! Aha! You people are bless and rich. U are bless and rich in the sense that u can share part of what u have with people and still have more. Why are u doing this I asked mysef ? You are doing this only to help people both rich and poor to achieve their dreams. Many are happy reading these threads especially mysef. I keep wondering about what brought this forum, I highly salute u people, I give my respect. I started following nairaland like eight months ago and the advise giving here is priceless. Thanks to this forum,here comes my fear; I was given admission(fall 2015) for Chemistry(MSc) with 50% scholarship in one school in US. But I have to defer d admission(Spring 2016) due to the fact that my financial document wud not be ready on time. I deferred, a form was sent and I filled the form and mailed back to them. My fear is I have not heard from the school and I don't want the scholarship to be forfeited. I have mailed the school twice but no response. A friend told me I shouldn't bother that once it has been deferred, the scholarship award is intact. My question is many of u wud have passed thru these processes and I believe u cud help, kindly help me out to relief me of fear. Thanks, am really expecting your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
adewoleray:

Thanks

Sometimes OPT year is useless. Don't spoil your career because of OPT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
angel34real:
Vo: where do you work: Me:Masters Energy oil & gas co. Limited in port Harcourt.

Congrats Angela. I should have known this is you. I just confirmed this id from all your contacts.

I called your friend in May to ask about your admission but he told me you were not found on radar.

Good to see that you made it just like I've always told you.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
@ pumpin26, Chanteh and sukcede

Cheers guys!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
sukcede:
Good mornin nairalanders, i hav been a guest reading people's interview.
I wish to point out here that it dosent matter wat sch u r goin to, wat matters is hw ready u r to defend ur sch and course of choice whether community college, university.. also neva lie abt relatives in us, be consistent. if u r denied do not change vital info that are static. GOD BLESS U ALL.
Above all , neva hesitate to fast and pray. God is the key.

Congratulations, Lady!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
imperiouxx:
@ pumpin26, Chanteh and sukcede

Cheers guys!
The way the other smiley on d right hand side dey take dey drink dey fear person. grin.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
nairapolice:

See bro I won't lie all this shi is unnecessary stress just focus on procuring your visa and if your visa is approved explain to the vo that approved your visa he would expedite the pick up and you to book your flight that day and leave on the 15th only that ticket go cost die for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
Congrats. Your job description and spec was so long. Are you sure you had enough time to relay all this?

angel34real:
. . Visa approved by 7:30am. Vo: where do you work: Me:Masters Energy oil & gas co. Limited in port Harcourt. Vo: what do you do; Me: work in the petroleum analytical laboratory as a senior geoscientist analyst where I carry out sampling, testing, quality assurance and recertification on white petroleum products such as premium motor spirit, automotive gas oil, dual purpose kerosene, aviation fuel, low pour fuel oil and analysis of crude from vessels and shore tank while ensuring Nigeria and international specifications are adhered to without compromising product quality using classical and modern instrumentals methods such as distillation apparatus, colorimeter, specific density meter, conductivity meter, viscosity meter, and flash point apparatus testing for its quality, Density, observed viscosity at 20 degree Celsius, flash point, appearance, colour, water interface rating, copper corrosion, pour point, specific gravity, smoke point, odour and electrical conductivity. I also carry out analysis and testing of base oil and various grades of Masters Energy lube oil such as the engine oil, hydraulic oil, gear oil, asphalt oil and bitumen oil using svm3000 stabinger viscometer. .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
djmakson:
Congrats. Your job description and spec was so long. Are you sure you had enough time to relay all this?

My last interview, a lady from Baker Hughes was interviewed for 15 mins. I was shocked, some VO take their time and wants to listen to everything you've got to say. I love the way she posted all those work description, me sef don dey claim geologist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
congrats pumpin26.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.