Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707353 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
stevecrun:
Chase;never liked them..

Chase bro..Chase bro.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
djmakson:

Please save us the stories! It's a faceless forum and revealing those with different monikers would do a lot of peeps here good and help us to be more careful in who we deal with. Or you probably you have some skeletons in your cupboard. I see no sense in having different monikers except you are a mischievous individual.
I'm just tired of this sh!t. Why must Ojah be a victim of scammers,. He said it sometimes ago that I was scammed of recharge card (He was drunk tho), and I got numerous emails from Rochelle Ma-whatever from embark-morgan to pay for agent to dhl an i20 of a school which I never applied and everything happened just after the nsurg ish. I saw another mail of joedeetus yesterday,. Abeg help me beg the guy!

Meritdee. Did you also get this same email??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Femicrux: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
zeezahbee:
Can international student get loan? I know only PR and citizen get fafsa

Yea, international students can apply for loans but you will need a co-signer(guarantor) to endorse your application and he/she must be a US citizen. Without a co-signer, it's difficult for international students to be approved for one. Visit internationalstudentloan.com to learn more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
wow!!! I see month of approvals...... gbam!!!
wishing ya all success !!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
zeezahbee:
Like seriously he has been sending me Emails too. Saying he knows I love him and I should give him my number undecided undecided. He should stop this shitt. It ain't funny
Sending you a love message is better unlike me wey dem dey tell to arrange for Rochelle embark. The guy no know say I broke!. Shingbain no dey my hand!. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
DeeTus:
Nope but how I wish I could so I can scare hell out of you. *Evil grin* cheesy
LoL! Yeye see your mouth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
profojah:

Sending you a love message is better unlike me wey dem dey tell to arrange for Rochelle embark. The guy no know say I broke!. Shingbain no dey my hand!. grin

Projojah,they sha wan kill you.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Stewee:

Ermmm... You don't need a SSN to to get approved a credit card! I know this for a fact!
So far you have been making transactions with your debit card, after three months you can qualify for one. If you've had a lot of cash flow with your debit card they can even waive the 3months requirement and issue you one sharp sharp.

I believe that's just for Bank of America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
profojah:

I'm just tired of this sh!t. Why must Ojah be a victim of scammers,. He said it sometimes ago that I was scammed of recharge card (He was drunk tho), and I got numerous emails from Rochelle Ma-whatever from embark-morgan to pay for agent to dhl an i20 of a school which I never applied and everything happened just after the nsurg ish. I saw another mail of joedeetus yesterday,. Abeg help me beg the guy!

Meritdee. Did you also get this same email??

I didn't get this mail, but I think it's embark database that's malfunctioning. The address is genuine and it's not just Morgan State University that uses the platform for Admission Application process.

I got something similar on my alternate e-mail address, I just ignored it. They are not trying to scam or hack you, it's just a database error.

Embark is just like an online platform that operates as an outsourcing management service for compiling admission docs for schools. Third party service shii.

Rochelle Massey is real. She's a MSU official. So relax bro smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
meritdee:

I didn't get this mail, but I think it's embark database that's malfunctioning. The address is genuine and it's not just Morgan State University that uses the platform for Admission Application process.

I got something similar on my alternate e-mail address, I just ignored it. They are not trying to scam or hack you, it's just a database error.

Embark is just like an online platform that operates as an outsourcing management service for compiling admission docs for schools. Third party service shii.

Bro, Rochelle Massay is a financial director of the school, and there should be no reason why a financial director be contacting international student for i20, the job should be done by the graduate coordinator OR ISSO officer NOT the school financial director..Mind You, Every school members official email must end with school abbrv. e.g Rochelle Massey email when I checked is Rochelle.massey@Morgan.edu, OR jbradus@ubalt.edu, Djmakson@mtsu.edu etc NOT rochellemassey@embark.com.
You need to relax More! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
Stewee:

Ermmm... You don't need a SSN to to get approved a credit card! I know this for a fact!
So far you have been making transactions with your debit card, after three months you can qualify for one. If you've had a lot of cash flow with your debit card they can even waive the 3months requirement and issue you one sharp sharp.

Loooool. Uncle Stewee, there is no way this is a fact. Federal law requires that everybody opening an account in the US must be properly identified. The mode of identification used by banks in the US is the SSN. No bank will issue a credit card to a non resident alien without SSN. Also, there is no relationship between getting a credit card and debit card use. Maybe you are referring to the "Secured credit card" which is just a "glorified debit card" whose activity is shared with the major credit bureaus to build credit history.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Loooool. Uncle Stewee, there is no way this is a fact. Federal law requires that everybody opening an account in the US must be properly identified. The mode of identification used by banks in the US is the SSN. No bank will issue a credit card to a non resident alien without SSN. Also, there is no relationship between getting a credit card and debit card use. Maybe you are referring to the "Secured credit card" which is just a "glorified debit card" whose activity is shared with the major credit bureaus to build credit history.

Not true. BofA does, infact with undocumented immigrants..and SSN is not the only means of identification also,ITIN can serve the same purpose.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
meritdee:

I bet you all need to apologize to DeeTus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
happney65:

Projojah,they sha wan kill you.. grin
Don't mind them jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
@All, leave the young man! The best we can do on here is to tell people not to fall prey of scammers.

DeeTus, I don't know you, brother, but whatever it's that has soiled your character even on a faceless forum like this should be checked. This won't be the first time folks here will question your integrity. I wouldn't know if someone is impersonating, just check whatever it's.

Remember, a man of questionable character will never be right even when there is every reason to believe he is. There will always be that issue of trust. Why not check it or do something about those 'impersonating' you.

Be good.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Meritdee. Have you checked the link i posted and confirm if this is REAL embark that outsource for that school..ETSU uses goldlink and every official members of ETSU attaches with goldlink have ETSU-goldlink email. e.g hdgdgdgs@goldlink.etsu.edu. so don't tell me sh!t. Just check the site and get back to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
stevecrun:
I bet you all need to apologize to DeeTus

Bro, u still remember dat timetime grin, still wanna say sorry I was just paranoid smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gedtalks(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
Can anyone please advice me? I obtained a degree in English and literature studies in Nigeria but want to attend a community college for an associate degree in U.S what are my chances of obtaining a study permit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
biikeys:

Not true. BofA does, infact with undocumented immigrants..and SSN is not the only means of identification also,ITIN can serve the same purpose.

Bros, I never said SSN is the ONLY means of identification. I agree with you that ITIN can serve the same purpose, but how does that apply to the context right now? How many international students have ITIN? The average intl student focuses on the SSN, because we all want to work. As for BofA giving undocumented immigrants "unsecured credit cards" without proper identification, I disagree sir cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
DeeTus:
I not only have some skeletons in my cupboard but also pigeons. Like i said earlier on, I am too busy for that and I have a life to live.

If I am a mischevious person, then you should stay away and refrain from quoting me please.

"The saints are the sinners who keep on trying."

Mr Man who are you to tell me not to quote you?

No doubt your contributions sometimes are valuable to the thread but you really have to refrain from the shady things you do. You have once admitted that you've done some bad things here. You claim to have 'magad' a moniker by getting a recharge card from him/her and you are happy. Is that something to be excited about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Bros, I never said SSN is the ONLY means of identification. I agree with you that ITIN can serve the same purpose, but how does that apply to the context right now? How many international students have ITIN? The average intl student focuses on the SSN, because we all want to work. As for BofA giving undocumented immigrants "unsecured credit cards" without proper identification, I disagree sir cheesy

Well I don't know about it being secured or not. My point was, you can still get a credit card and have a credit history without an SSN. BTW, a secured credit card is probably a better option for someone learning to manage their finances and those get upgraded to unsecured after a while smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
profojah:

Bro, Rochelle Massay is a financial director of the school, and there should be no reason why a financial director be contacting international student for i20, the job should be done by the graduate coordinator OR ISSO officer NOT the school financial director..Mind You, Every school members official email must end with school abbrv. e.g Rochelle Massey email when I checked is Rochelle.massey@Morgan.edu, OR jbradus@ubalt.edu, Djmakson@mtsu.edu etc NOT rochellemassey@embark.com.

Lol...you dis guy ehn.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Stewee:

You're referring to the secured credit card which does not come with money pre-loaded in it but you have to deposit your own money in it, say $350, spend and pay back the money. With a secured credit card, you are only spending and paying back your own money. This is in contrast with regular credit cards that come pre-loaded with an amount of money that you need an SSN to apply for. Those without an SSN can get the secured credit card but there is usually a limit to the line you can get on it, usually small amounts such as $300, $500 etc.

The secured credit card is basically building a credit history but using your own money. When you are approved for a secured credit card of $350 credit line and it arrives at your address, you are required to deposit an amount equal to $350 into the card and start using it.

Thus, in effect you can't apply for a secured credit card just because you want to use it to pay tuition, as someone had initially thought.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kennyrony howfa !!. I wish you a Journey mercy bro. No vex for me yesterday, I was just too tired to come over there!.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
sirRiddy:
BigFrancis21 I sent that thing

Please email me again to remind me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
profojah:

Bro, Rochelle Massey is in charge of granting approval for the mailing out of I-20s. Financial documents for I-20 are sent directly to her.

The screenshot below was the mail I received through noreply@embark to remind me of the documents required for my I-20.

Check the name of the person who sent it and also the signature at the end of the mail. A Graduate Assistant sent it but not without the approval of Ms Rochelle Massey.

This is how this mail works... The embark as an outsourcing management service compiles and send Application docs to the school. Your documents are stored in a database and the email address used would also be added to their mailing list.

Now the outsourcing management service creates a platform where the school can log on to the embark database and just pass out information to their intending students.

Any school official with access to this database would log on to the embark database with his/her unique ID and pass to send out information. Embark server would then deliver the information to your mail box as a 'noreply' bot but would leave you the option of contacting the school directly which is the school website for graduate studies.

There you would find the name of the school official who generated the mail that you received and mail him/her directly.

Now for you to get this mail without applying to MSU would be an error in the database of embark which means you've prolly at one time signup/apply to a school (not MSU this time) through embark using this email address.

It's IT bro, its never reliable... there's always a loophole. wink wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
profojah:
Meritdee. Have you checked the link i posted and confirm if this is REAL embark that outsource for that school..ETSU uses goldlink and every official members of ETSU attaches with goldlink have ETSU-goldlink email. e.g hdgdgdgs@goldlink.etsu.edu. so don't tell me sh!t. Just check the site and get back to me

It is the real embark. I got loads of their mail in my box bro. Sorry for telling you "sh!t" tho. Peace smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
Meritdee, are you trying to support deetus
What about the recharge card he collected with the email and he even confessed to scamming somone of recharge card. What about the stupid messages he has also been sending to me.

He stole my email the day I told Francis to send me a link. Since then he has been saying shitt.

Thank God he has stopped d message since yesterday . Next mins, he will start writing some pity pity quotes like a good person.

No one should put their email on here again.

Well, I will let this case rest but I know he will do it to another

Joenice, deetus, joebelly, nsurg ( those are all your moniker) . The next time I see your email again, you won't like yourself

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
godG:
@All, leave the young man! The best we can do on here is to tell people not to fall prey of scammers.

DeeTus, I don't know you, brother, but whatever it's that has soiled your character even on a faceless forum like this should be checked. This won't be the first time folks here will question your integrity. I wouldn't know if someone is impersonating, just check whatever it's.

Remember, a man of questionable character will never be right even when there is every reason to believe he is. There will always be that issue of trust. Why not check it or do something about those 'impersonating' you.

Be good.
In life, not everyone is happy with you.

I've never done wrong to anyone here yet I am being tagged as a bad person.

Sometimes, I feel if it's the same people fighting me here are fighting my own brother on Twitter.

Just let me be. I am a bad person and they're good people

If I am no more tomorrow, I want you guys to always remember me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
BigFrancis21 I sent you a mail. Hope you are having a good weekend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.