Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708493 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
coobboy:

I'm not yet in the US, so there is no possible way, i'll register for classes. Also i dont think i'll be going to SMSU jare.

You might be able to register from naija ....but most schools want to you to see an advisor first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 8:43am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls gurus concerning the notice at the CGI website, I have an appointment for visa interview on the 22nd day of June 2015, but I submitted the ds-160 form on the 9th day of June 2015, will I have any problem at the embassy on the date of my appointment? Is the notice also specific for applicants that have appointments within June 14-20? Help me clarify it pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2015
portelli:

Pls gurus concerning the notice at the CGI website, I have an appointment for visa interview on the 22nd day of June 2015, but I submitted the ds-160 form on the 9th day of June 2015, will I have any problem at the embassy on the date of my appointment? Is the notice also specific for applicants that have appointments within June 14-20? Help me clarify it pls.

Whichever way it is, in my opinion, the best bet is for you to go for the interview. There you will be sure. You are most likely to be interviewed cos it was stated that those who submitted their application AFTER June 9 and falls within the week June 14-20 should reschedule.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2015
djmakson:

You sound like u undermining the role of God's favor and the recipients' hardwork. Just thinking aloud bro.
no there was a white dude sitting down and taking notes and a young girl at the exit doing questionnaire I just thought God grace was immense, don't get my assertion rough sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2015
djmakson:

Whichever way it is, in my opinion, the best bet is for you to go for the interview. There you will be sure. You are most likely to be interviewed cos it was stated that those who submitted their application AFTER June 9 and falls within the week June 14-20 should reschedule.

Got it, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2015
^^^ the chinese and trains grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by olandex(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
Good morning aus, please any body to tell me meaning of this pls, if a visa is been denied under section 221g @ the screening point without doing any interview, and they asked me to come back in next week, and check there website for update before coming back, (q1) Where can I update it, I mean Dre website (2) do I need to print another DS 160 form before going back? (3) can I go before the time 1pm been given to me? Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
olandex:
Good morning aus, please any body to tell me meaning of this pls, if a visa is been denied under section 221g @ the screening point without doing any interview, and they asked me to come back in next week, and check there website for update before coming back, (q1) Where can I update it, I mean Dre website (2) do I need to print another DS 160 form before going back? (3) can I go before the time 1pm been given to me? Thanks for your help in advance.

Which type of visa you applied for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by durobraham(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Any idea where to get yellow card/ fill medical requirements form in abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by igbonerd(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
onuawuchi:

Applied Natural Resource Economics

I went through your posts and noticed you carefully did not disclose the school or the program you'll be attending. I hope my openness changes that orientation .

Nice day

Oh. Well, come to think of it, I haven't had the need to. But it's no biggie, really. I'd be attending Tennessee Tech, since Michigan Tech aren't forthcoming with their funding. Program is Electrical & Computer Engineering

And, oh, congratulations on your award. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
durobraham:
Any idea where to get yellow card/ fill medical requirements form in abuja?

I got my yellow card at a health centre close to MMA in Lagos for 1000 naira. For the health care form sent to me by the school, I'm heading to Obalende to check a health centre there. I want to know if I can get it filled there. For the yellow card, try the health centre at the Abuja airport. For the other medical form, Check federal government health centre for help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by olandex(m): 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
SAMadex11:

Which type of visa you applied for?
f1 student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
olandex:
f1 student visa

There are, in essence, two types of 221(g) cases:
1. “administrative processing”, in which a clearance or approval is required from an interested agency or agencies
2. Post-related, in which the consular officer requires additional time, information, or documentation before making a final visa decision.
and also what color of paper the person gave to you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by durobraham(f): 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

I got my yellow card at a health centre close to MMA in Lagos for 1000 naira. For the health care form sent to me by the school, I'm heading to Obalende to check a health centre there. I want to know if I can get it filled there. For the yellow card, try the health centre at the Abuja airport. For the other medical form, Check federal government health centre for help.

Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by olandex(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
SAMadex11:

There are, in essence, two types of 221(g) cases:
1. “administrative processing”, in which a clearance or approval is required from an interested agency or agencies
2. Post-related, in which the consular officer requires additional time, information, or documentation before making a final visa decision.
and also what color of paper the person gave to you?
yellow, and I think they said they can't find my application now, and they asked me to come back coming week. I it's network problem
Or pls what do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adanduka: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
olandex:
yellow, and I think they said they can't find my application now, and they asked me to come back coming week. I it's network problem

Could it be the network issue? Because all those whose interviews fall in this week were asked to reschedule. So go back there next week.
Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Denvan: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pls house, after obtaining my Form I-20, what shld I do next?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
Denvan:
Pls house, after obtaining my Form I-20, what shld I do next?
You march like a soldier to the embassy. Just kidding.

Next pay for your SEVIS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gateluv: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please nairalander, is it the truth that scholarships are no more awarded to any SAT exam takers from Nigeria again. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
gateluv:
Please nairalander, is it the truth that scholarships are no more awarded to any SAT exam takers from Nigeria again. thanks
Who told you this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

my guy which one be yellow card na foul grin vos I just dey reason blood test T-spot and quanteferon and TB,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
olandex:

My brother denial under 221(g) is not network problem ooooo, it means your application is not complete for visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Spidyy:

Thanks for the reply but "it does matter attitude"? Everything matters until one stops breathing, if it didn't matter ,I wont be on this thread digging up useful & reasonable advice.

No,one said a visa is a right and I know it doesn't make you admissible on entry. Its also not a do or die affair for some people (me). A refusal only deters your course or plan but doesn't take it away.

Anyways,

I would agree to some extent you are correct, I chose it because it didn't require GRE doesn't mean I didn't apply to others that required a GRE score. I was awarded a $3000 scholarship ,well, I was grateful, I didn't expect it.

I thought Uni of Bridgeport is a better school than most? I took neither TOEFL nor IELTS nor GRE. However, I submitted my BSc. from a British University with second class upper honors to merit that scholarship I think.

Maybe I'll write the GRE then.

whoever you are I love your view about life....going to US to study is not a do or die affair,just give your best and pray to God to favour you...but life does not depend on your visa,it's always good to have a plan B incase there are disappointments. Going to the US does not determine if you will succeed or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
djmakson:

You sound like u undermining the role of God's favor and the recipients' hardwork. Just thinking aloud bro.
very correct...US embassy cannot issue visas at random because they were experiencing technical problems...the applicants who got their visas was By god's grace and they were fully deserving.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gateluv: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
DeeTus:
Who told you this?
The guy said that only those residing in state are given scholarships. my point is to see anybody with a first hand information. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bamjay: 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
nairalanders help asap.my applicatn form for nigerian e passport is 3 pages?is dat normal?d cafe guy said its coz d info in it is long.pls dose who v done it shld reply asap.m at d cafe.tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
gateluv:

The guy said that only those residing in state are given scholarships. my point is to see anybody with a first hand information. thank you
It isn't true. Don't let his words spell doom to your future. Whatever you need to know, just come here, you'll be guided properly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Regards: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
To all active contributors to this forum, I am IMMENSELY grateful. You are human instruments used by the Almighty to bolster the birthing of dreams into realities and for some, set their destinies on course.
The shared embassy experiences and the proffered tidbits on acing the visa interview came very handy to me albeit I just recently became a follower —a ghost follower actually– about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I started following this forum and checked out your various submissions (from as far back as ever) after the friend who I reached out to for help on how to properly prepare for the interview apprised me of this forum and so far, empirically and from perusal of almost all the transcripts of this forum relating to visa interview, I can state that this forum ab initio, is a repository of profound knowledge for all and sundry on acing the US F1 visa interview. But, it will be remiss of me to not mention that in spite of a thoroughgoing preparation on my part, the God factor which was very palpable in the turn of events made it all pan out. The God factor can’t be dismissed with the wave of a hand in these matters; or in any matter for that matter! He came through for me and I am ineffably thankful to Him!
This is how my interview went yesterday:
Me: Good morning!
VO: Good morning! Please pass your international passport, passport photograph, DS160 confirmation page, SEVIS fee receipt and I-20 to me. (They were already put together by the lady who did my biometrics)
Me: *I passed it*
VO: So, *reading from his monitor* (he mentioned my first name)…How did you hear about this school?
Me: While preparing for my undergraduate research, I had access to some of their papers which proved to be very invaluable. Thereafter, I went to the school's website to learn more about the school and I was impressed by the quality of their faculty.
VO: What will be your specialization?
Me: told him
VO: I can see you are pursuing a doctorate degree… Have you done your masters?
Me: No, but would be getting it along the way. *someone else just said no, and his V.O. was like “are you going for PhD straight without a masters?”* I didn’t hear the rest of their conversation on that because I was next on the queue and needed to stop my “amebo” to listen to the next available window to go to. What I am saying in essence is that, for PhD guys, putting the “would be getting my masters along the way” may extinguish chances for further probe. Not sure about this #JustSaying.
V.O: Did you write any test to get this?
Me: Yes, GRE!
V.O: Can I see it?
Me: Sure! I passed it to him (But before he could look at it, he suddenly came to the realization that I got a graduate fellowship. He held the GRE score report in his hand but never looked at it; thankfully!!) *I couldn’t find the original copy of my GRE score report that contained only the last two schools I applied to. The copy, printed from my GRE account, which I went with, contains all the 8 schools I had applied to over the years. The scholarship I got is for chemical engineering but 6 out of the 8 schools in total that I had applied to from 2012 to 2014 were for petroleum engineering. I just felt that he becoming aware of it may have culminated in or warranted a lot of other questions that could turn everything on its head and make the interview go awry for me. God-factor!
V.O: So you got a graduate fellowship?
Me: Yes!
V.O: What will be your duty at the school to sustain or keep it?
Me: Don’t know exactly… Nothing
V.O: Did you just say nothing? (*he looked curious* I just immediately perceived that that answer is wrong or unacceptable as evidenced by his change in countenance). *I honestly don’t know, with exactness, what I would be doing to keep it while there*.
Me: Ok, I really didn’t get the question. Can you please ask the question again? (I said this while mentally weaving up an intelligible answer)
V.O: *He asked again*
Me: oh…I will be assisting with the grading of papers and scores and stuffs like that… graduate assistant duties.
V.O: oh… ok!... When did you graduate?
Me: Told him
V.O: From which university?
Me: Told him (I went blank for a moment here grappling to remember. I was completely flustered by the hiccup or hitch I had some seconds earlier).
VO: Who will be supplying the remaining funds?
Me: My father.
VO: What does he do?
Me: Told him
VO: Hmm. OK your visa is approved.
My flow wasn’t really smooth because I stuttered through some part of it. I think being smooth doesn’t really matter, making sense does. Almost all who got their visas approved while I was on the queue waiting for my interview appeared prepared for the questions they were asked and gave answers that made sense. Please prepare well and pray very well too…listen attentively and give coherent or sensible answers. While on the queue, I was able to successfully predict two people that would get rejected because of their answers. A guy asked the V.O. interviewing him to repeat a particular question three times. The V.O. later said don’t worry! Imagine! That already spelled trouble to me because you can’t answer a question you didn’t hear or understand. Another guy was asked why he chose the US, he said because he has uncles that can support him in the US. Now, any ardent follower of this forum would know that such answer portends trouble for the interviewee.
You can copy the answers that truthfully fit your case from all that has been submitted in this forum. I wish others yet to do their interviews the very best! And trust me, it isn’t as scary as people think.
Regards

P.S.: Personally, judging from facial expression and tone of voice, the guy that interviewed me and the lady to his right were the easiest to talk to among all of them. The smile on his face and his friendly tone of voice did a lot to calm my nerves at the beginning. Well, I guess that is also the G-factor at work.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wynaskawai: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Another one down.. Thank God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gateluv: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Thank you so much big bro. so with a high SAT score; one can secure a full ride scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
gateluv:
Thank you so much big bro. so with a high SAT score; one can secure a full ride scholarship.
Not full but partial scholarship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.