Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari (31286 Views)

Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by somegirl1: 12:44pm On May 13, 2015
Is she by any chance, condemning mohammed for marrying a 6 year old and consumating their marriage when she turned 9?
Surely, it must be right if he did it.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Pavore9: 12:44pm On May 13, 2015
anonimi:

Don't worry, I did but I believe something must have been established finally as the minimum age or the Bill was thrown out completely?

Moreover, it is also an opportunity to show further the differences between the VALUES of the south & north hence the COMPLICATIONS of having a national IDENTITY and sense of belonging to one nation.
Cheers!

Personally, l often wonder why Northern elites who insists on the status quo don't give out their daughters in marriage at such tender age, go through the profiles of their daughters when getting married they are already graduates. Have you read anywhere the Paedophile called Senator Yerima giving out his 14 year old daughter out in marriage?

We can't have a national identity with these retrogressive minds in the mix, who are very comfortable with the cycle of backwardness, keep up popping out children that will become rich fishing pond for the likes of Boko Haram. l sometimes wonder how a religion can stagnate one's mind! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by anonimi: 12:46pm On May 13, 2015
Pavore9:

Personally, l often wonder why Northern elites who insists on the status quo don't give out their daughters in marriage at such tender age, go through the profiles of their daughters when getting married they are already graduates. Have you read anywhere the Paedophile called Senator Yerima giving out his 14 year old daughter out in marriage?

We can't have a national identity with these retrogressive minds in the mix, who are very comfortable with the cycle of backwardness, keep up popping out children that will become rich fishing pond for the likes of Boko Haram. l sometimes wonder how a religion can stagnate one's mind! angry

IF it is any consolation, please note that Christianity in Europe was not much different until some 600/500 years ago.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by modskiller(m): 12:47pm On May 13, 2015
[size=25pt]Infact, girls should not get married at all, it's of no use. If you see the way my girlfriend dey do shakara these days, I feel like killing my Landlordangry . Wait oo, what am I saying[/size]
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by KanwuliaJara: 12:48pm On May 13, 2015
From the child bride with fake birth certificate!
With a husband with fake WAEC certificate!
Muchechechecheche!

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Sigo86(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2015
shachris02:
is she castigating her religion?

Not her religion bt tradition... Olodo cheesy grin
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Lagusta(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2015
bukatyne:

Omo T's case is an exception and should be treated as such.

Her husband helped her achieve her dreams and fantasies, not everyone has such sweet stories to tell.

18yrs is even too young IMHO. What is a child doing married before university

Anytime after service is fine for peeps who gain admission at the average age.

A lady done with schooling 22yrs, 23yrs is ok to get married.

Nice one tho......

I believe 18yrs is still okay for marriage, then the husband can sponsor her education in the university (with no babies) then can start a family after then....
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Benny95(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2015
babatawa:

Nomore teenage Obo fun Awon Abokie cheesy
issokay...
Mad boy!
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Benny95(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2015
babatawa:

Nomore teenage Obo fun Awon Abokie cheesy
issokay...
Mad boy!
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Awoofawo(m): 12:53pm On May 13, 2015
irunoko:
Let's see how 1 woman will combat 100s of unrepentant sharia Muslim pedos grin

Where there is a will, there will alway a way....

The solution to vast evils hanging over our nation begin with you and me doing the right, no matter how little they may be.

I LIKE HER STYLE: she openly admitted with problem and she prepare to take on it. Unless some who sugar-coated everything just to boast their husband ego.

A leader is someone who can identify with the masses and feel their pain and relieve their ache!

Just hope she not deceiving us now only to change once her husband is fully incharge!
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Pavore9: 12:53pm On May 13, 2015
anonimi:

IF it is any consolation, please note that Christianity in Europe was not much different until some 600/500 years ago.

Even at that. Why do the today's Northern's elite not see it as an obligation to gradually steer their people away from that path? ls the recycling of poverty and VVF not enough reason to do away with child marriage or should we wait for some hundreds of years?

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Revolva(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2015
Lagusta:

Omotola that got married at 18.... She didn't understand abi

I'm sure she made a mistake, she wanted to say 18

What's the diff BTW 17 and 18 gaan sef

not every girl has opportunity like omotola..if u know what i mean....ok..omotola is from an opportuned home...now go to people's home all over nigeria n see abject poverty...now instead of inspiring women to make it..at this age...inspiring them to grow in toughts na marrigae dem dey force dem to marrry at 17..Africa and this syndrome is annoying

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by donbenie(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2015
PDPwayoo:

a victim? A lady that married early at 19 and have masters degree now is a victim? My friend, igbos marry under age too. I have seen many under age marriages.

what is the age difference between ojukwu and Bianca? what about the unfortunate once that didnt make it to Bianca status?

I am an Igbo and I've never seen a girl given out for marriage under the age of 17 in my society,unlike wherever you spring from our girls completes their secondary school education before marriage at least, Bianca Ojukwu was a matured woman in her mid twenties when she married Ojukwu,you need to do a serious research on what constitutes paedophilia..

2 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Bamz(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2015
Kentrasso:
Nice one.
For this thing that she has said, my likeness for her has gone from 5% to 7%
Thank you

P.S 18years old would have taken it to 8%

Lol hate or love her...
It doesn't change the fact that she oozes a pleasant persona
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by mathskill: 1:01pm On May 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by peleson: 1:03pm On May 13, 2015
ziqqz:
"Charity begins at home."
First stop it in the North where you belong.
Only then may others listen to you.
She is a victim having being bambuzzle by buhari long KanDola at age 13

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by klax(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2015
I support that 100% but madam wait a minute who are the tribe doing such I guess your people madam would they listen to your advise I guess No. because before you know it a new terrorist will rise again and say Islam or their culture permit marrying 10 years old girl and start bombing.

Talk to the Almanjiris to stop looking for small small things in the name of religion or culture. Alhaji Sherima or Shetima or Yerima whatever.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by freshcvv(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2015
holicalpha:
Wait,what. So a girl of 18-20 having babies is okay.?? Woman!! she's got a life ahead of her, having babies by that age isn't what anyone should be thinking of.

- Valar Morghulis

Here in the south, alot of girls have aborted multiple times even before getting to the age of 18, true or false?

So which is worse?

The perpetual abortis or the early mormor married girl?
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by IAmTobore(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2015
How old was she when Buhari married her? undecided
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by ko7la: 1:17pm On May 13, 2015
THE IDEA IS GOOD BUT MADAM MUST BE CONSCIOUS OF OUR CONSTITUTION AND THE CULTURE OF THE AFFECTED AREAS.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by abubkhr: 1:32pm On May 13, 2015
Speak for yourself.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Lagusta(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2015
Revolva:

not every girl has opportunity like omotola..if u know what i mean....ok..omotola is from an opportuned home...now go to people's home all over nigeria n see abject poverty...now instead of inspiring women to make it..at this age...inspiring them to grow in toughts na marrigae dem dey force dem to marrry at 17..Africa and this syndrome is annoying

I understand you perfectly

But please don't drag Africa into this..

They do same in India, Bangladesh....

And what of high schoolers in USA who elope together to start a life....

We have to be rational at times....

The husband can sponsor the lady, no biggie....
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Odaveboy(m): 1:36pm On May 13, 2015
obailala:
Why not 18?
I taya

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 13, 2015
donbenie:
I am an Igbo and I've never seen a girl given out for marriage under the age of 17 in my society,unlike wherever you spring from our girls completes their secondary school education before marriage at least, Bianca Ojukwu was a matured woman in her mid twenties when she married Ojukwu,you need to do a serious research on what constitutes paedophilia..

i don see many.... my friend's mother married at the age of 16. I schooled in the east and have many igbo friends.

i know an igbo trader who married under age girl and told people around that is his sister..... when he go to market the girl will be playing with her mates..... and the girl was used by many under age boys to learn how to fvck....
All these kind of news is very common na and u know it.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by seangy4konji: 1:41pm On May 13, 2015
A lot of haters will be on this thread.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by ArodeTsolaye: 1:46pm On May 13, 2015
Madam Aisha, You can write it on a piece of baby skirts and send it to Yerima your next APC Senate president. I'm sure he will be quick to open and read.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Bobority: 1:48pm On May 13, 2015
At what age did you get married to Buhari? grin

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by holicalpha(m): 1:57pm On May 13, 2015
freshcvv:

Here in the south, alot of girls have aborted multiple times even before getting to the age of 18, true or false?

So which is worse?

The perpetual abortis or the early mormor married girl?
. The Both.

What I'm saying is, she shouldn't have voiced that out..... Saying from 18-20 is okay.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by ArodeTsolaye: 1:58pm On May 13, 2015
PDPwayoo:
[s]

i don see many.... my friend's mother married at the age of 16. I schooled in the east and have many igbo friends.

i know an igbo trader who married under age girl and told people around that is his sister..... when he go to market the girl will be playing with her mates..... and the girl was used by many under age boys to learn how to fvck....
All these kind of news is very common na and u know it. [/s]

Even your dead grandmother will beg thunder to fire you for this obvious lies and fabrications. You stinking yerimaite.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Toks2008(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2015
I taught adulthood starts from 18yrs...
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by poshbrave(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2015
obailala:

...and who told you she married b4 17?
yh she ws 17 while GMB ws 43. common sense! meanwhile d battle is beyond d age at which d girls shd be given out. bt d age of d one coming 4 dem.#my opinion. #777 poshbrave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DNA Test Palava (What Do I Do?) / Post Your New Year Picture / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.