Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu (19797 Views)

A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate / I Was Not Bundled Out Of PDP Gov’s Meeting- Mu’azu / Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by fkaz(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2015
Out of the numerous governorship candidates in Lagos State why didyou choose Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress as your candidate?

It is only Almighty Allah that knows everything. Let me be honest with you, I do not play politics. But if you look at things, you have to consider what is best for the development of your people and the one that can bring good tidings for your people. From 1999 to 2007, when Bola Tinubu led the government, it was by the grace of God and prayers of Lagosians and my ancestors that saved us from what somebody who I don’t want to mention did. I will not mention his name because I have been persuaded by our highly respected Awujale in Ijebu Ode, and Tinubu. Sincerely, if I disclose some things, it will shake this country. I am not afraid of anything, I swear by Almighty Allah. But a tortoise does not come out completely from its shell; you only see its head. When that problem (withholding of Lagos State allocation) started, I prayed to God. In my life, I do not condone criminality and I don’t encourage it. Somebody somehow, because of his desperation and because he felt after Almighty Allah in Nigeria, it is himself, wanted to destroy by all cost, Tinubu and some other people but as God would have it, that didn’t happen. What Ambode displayed at that time impressed me. Despite all the tribulations, he stood firm and his loyalty and commitment to the progress of Lagos State impressed me and since then, I have been having my eyes on him that may be in the future, if the opportunity presents itself, and he has the opportunity of becoming something in Lagos, I will encourage him in his aspirations.

You said you don’t play politics. But would you have supported Ambode if he was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party?

Well, I can tell you in all honesty, I went to Mecca as the head of Nigerian delegation and I met the present Chairman of the PDP, Adamu Mu’azu. He is someone I have known for a long time. He is a very close friend. In Mecca, there was nothing he did not say to convince me to support his party. He told me support him but I told him what Almighty Allah had shown to me regarding Ambode. He said I should convince Ambode to defect to the PDP and they would adopt him as their candidate but I said I no. I told him that I did not hate the PDP. Some very good people there are my friends. The late Funsho Williams was very close to me and I had a very high regard for him. He was a peace lover. When he was murdered, I was shaking. Some top PDP chieftains were arrested over his murder. By the grace of Almighty Allah, I, the Oba of Lagos, requested and demanded that they be released. I went to the State Criminal Investigation Department at Panti to shout at the police to release them because one officer said something which I would not want to disclose and I said that if anything happens to the former Minister of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe, I would expose them and I was instrumental to his release. He is still alive and is still my very good friend. I was in his house about two weeks ago and he comes here every time. So, it is not a question of hate. My concern is the growth, development and the best for Lagos and Nigeria.

But you once said it was not the will of God for the PDP to rule Lagos. Does it mean that if a qualified person from the PDP steps forward, that person can never be governor?

There are still good people in the PDP. I am not saying that. Don’t misquote me. There are many good people like Ade Dosunmu and even Jimi Agbaje, who is my blood relation. But it is unfortunate because there are some things I don’t want to disclose. Their hatred of Bola Tinubu is the mistake they are making. He is an individual they don’t understand. You know Jesus said in the Bible that ‘Father please forgive them for they know not what they do’. And the Tinubu that they wanted to destroy, see what God has helped him to do for Nigeria. The Bible said the stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. The art of politics and getting things done for now, can only be done through Bola Tinubu, which they do not understand. Some people say I always agree with him and it is because they do not know me. I have no friend or enemy and I don’t have a reservoir of knowledge but God has found me worthy. We argue on many occasions and at times, he suggests reasonable things which I concur with but sometimes, I will convince him to accept my own and as a son to a father, he has no choice but to obey me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by fkaz(m): 2:06pm On May 13, 2015
You just said Agbaje is your blood relative. Won’t your family be upset that you went against your own blood to support another person?

I am supporting the progress of Lagos, I am not against him. After the election, I spoke to him in the morning. Alhaji Lateef Okunnu and I spoke to him and later that day, I heard that he congratulated Ambode. You know, there are some people that do things on their own while some others are influenced to do things. Agbaje is a very matured person and comes from a very good background but their own understanding of things is different from my own.

A week to the governorship election, there was a meeting with Igbo leaders at your palace where you said they would perish in the lagoon if they did not vote for Ambode.

Look, let me tell you something, if you know me, you will know the kind of person that I am. I am not God. I can be confident on some things and if it is the will of God Almighty, it will come to pass. But before that, what I know is that the people of Lagos suffered for no just cause, and those among them who are members of the PDP did not like the injustice (withholding of federal allocations) that was being meted out to the people of Lagos at that time but they did not want to talk. That is hypocrisy which is not good. At that time, I was confident according to the wisdom of God. It was on May 14, 2014 when I was invited to Ambode’s book launch. I asked them what book launch they were doing. I told them that they could call it a book launch if they wanted but I had seen it in my palace in Iga Idugaran that Ambode would be the next governor of Lagos State and that God would make it so. And I prayed to Olokun Olosa (the gods of the sea) to make it so and it came to pass. I am not God but with prayers and the support of everyone, you will see how well he will perform. And it is the wish of this present governor that the person taking over from him should do better than him. Governor Babatunde Fashola has done a lot. We are equal in the eyes of God but we are not equal in the love of God.

So what is your relationship with the Igbo community?

Some Igbo people are my very close friends like Pascal Dozie (Chairman, MTN Nigeria). Even the Obi of Onitsha came here to see me a few days ago. The former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (retd.), and many others know the kind of person I am.
If you go to the Dosunmu and Nnamdi Azikiwe areas of Lagos Island, you will see my many valuable commercial properties. In fact, 99 per cent of them are occupied by Igbo people. All the medicine sellers in Isale Eko, nobody dare molest them in those areas because they know me and know that I will protect the Igbo traders.
Eze Odimegwu, who is a former CEO of Nigerian Breweries, is still my best friend and many others. When you go to a place, you have to respect the host leaders, particularly the traditional leaders there because you are coming to benefit from our success. The people of Lagos are the friendliest and most accommodating people in Nigeria. Those who orchestrated the entire incident (the lagoon incident) know themselves and I tell you, those who came here on that day understood me a lot and have even been coming since then. After we had that discussion on that very day, they all sat down and ate pounded yam and panla (fish) and drank wine. We were all in a happy mood. The few incurable bad people wanted to twist the issue for political gain and were talking nonsense. That is their headache. I don’t want to say much but the man who spearheaded this thing was the one that first approached me and said that he would bring some of the Igbo people that won election to me and that he wanted me to appeal to my son, Bola Tinubu, for him. He wrote a letter of appeal in his own handwriting and everything is still in my possession but I will leave that for now. His life is all about money but there is no happiness in that money and that is what is disturbing him now, pushing him here and there.

About four Igbo have been elected to the House of Representatives and House of Assembly in Lagos. What is your view of this new trend of non-indigenes dominating Lagos politics?

Well, if they say they have won, then good luck to them. And if it is the choice of the people for these candidates to represent them, they should go and represent them in the best interest of Lagos and Nigerians.
The man that allegedly promised to hand them the deputy governorship slot and four commissioner positions and elevate the status of Eze Ndigbo to that of Oba of Lagos has since denied it. It was all a political gimmick because I am sure they know that he was only deceiving them. As a matter of fact, prominent traditional rulers in the South-East have been writing us to say that they are not happy about the large number of Eze in Lagos and they are not happy that we recognise them here in Lagos.
I told them that Lagos accommodates everybody but if they want to behave in excess and go beyond their bounds, we will bring them to order by the grace of God.

If Agbaje contests again in 2019 or 2023, will you give him your blessing?

He is a Nigerian. He can contest 20 times. It is his inalienable right to contest and God Almighty and any occupier of this house, anything he feels will be in the best interest of his people is who he will bless.

What do you see of President Goodluck Jonathan’s defeat?

I am not hiding it. I have personal respect for President Jonathan and he has the highest regard for me and he knows my stand on the politics of Lagos. When he came to Lagos to campaign, I did not hide my admiration for him. He came to pay homage to me here in the palace before campaigning.
I first met him when he came with the late President Umaru Yar’Adua. Yar’adua’s brother and I were very close. I took Arabic lessons in their late father’s house in Ikoyi when he was a Minister for Lagos Affairs.
Yar’adua came with my good friend, Bode George and on that day, I saw that sign of leadership on Jonathan and I told them to bring a special chair for him. But whatever you have is what you use in winning. When a matter is in court, I should not comment on it. By the grace of Almighty Allah and my ancestors in this house, the Governor-elect, Ambode, will rule for eight years with a good performance.
http://www.punchng.com/politics/muazu-wanted-ambode-as-pdp-gov-candidate-akiolu/

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 13, 2015
More revelation still to come

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by wachakuta(m): 2:21pm On May 13, 2015
Oh boi
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Trailblazer1(m): 2:27pm On May 13, 2015
Oba lilwayne Zulu Akiolu of Lagoon now seeks more attention than Kim Kardashian and Amber Rose join together. undecided

E no go better for the person wey do oba this kin thing

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by richidinho(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2015
Mtsheeeew

This Akiolu talks anyhow this dayz

18 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by ionsman: 2:51pm On May 13, 2015
The old man is just contradicting himself.

14 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by lolababe331e: 2:56pm On May 13, 2015
It's actually true that PDP wanted a Ambode to cross over but he was smart to stick with APC

5 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by abu12: 3:40pm On May 13, 2015
"If you go to the Dosunmu and Nnamdi Azikiwe areas of Lagos Island, you will see my many valuable commercial properties. In fact, 99 per cent of them are occupied by Igbo people. All the medicine sellers in Isale Eko, nobody dare molest them in those areas because they know me and know that I will protect the Igbo traders."

ALLAHUAKBAR! The obaof lagos is a nice man for accommodating the ibos and other non-indigenes in his properties for them to do business, may god bless him.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 13, 2015
Never seen a more garrulous traditional ruler.

Of course he is entitled to his opinion and I can't even fault some of what he has said this time but it seems like he is just bent on having his name in the news every time. He is now giving more interviews than even Ambode who was elected. He should simmer down and return to playing the role of a father to all the parties and people in Lagos irrespective of their tribe.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by lionduke(m): 4:28pm On May 13, 2015
interesting
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by estyvino(m): 4:38pm On May 13, 2015
Tread before this is all about Mu'Azu and this now! Is he the real Azu point and k!ll

MODIFIED:
And Akiolu should just shut the fu*ck up

3 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Trailblazer1(m): 4:38pm On May 13, 2015
Out of the numerous governorship candidates in Lagos State why didyou choose Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress as your candidate?

It is only Almighty Allah that knows everything. Let me be honest with you, I do not play politics.

You said you don’t play politics. But would you have supported Ambode if he was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party?

[i]Well, I can tell you in all honesty, I went to Mecca

And I prayed to Olokun Olosa (the gods of the sea) to make it so and it came to pass.

This man is so confused
How many gods does Akiolu worship?

I don't want to go tribal but it seems a common practices among yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by pure2012soul(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
Why is the media giving undue publicity to this senile relic? If he can't play the role of a royal father, let him go and under study his superiors such as the Alaafin of Oyo. And to think he is a retired policeman who should have a sense of decorum. He is even more of a politician than Ambode and Agbaje combined. Heaven knew how he conducted himself while in service. Ethnic e-warriors are free to scribble rubbish in his defence, I have said my piece

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Built2last: 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
Somebody should please inform the traditional ruler that nobody takes lose canon seriously.

Ask FFK.

4 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nairalandar: 4:41pm On May 13, 2015
People Deceiving People SINCE 419BC..
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 13, 2015
y
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nairalandar: 4:41pm On May 13, 2015
kaorama:
More revelation still to come
lets wait n see
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by seedorfg(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2015
kabiesi kilode gan, ewo ni tiyin pelu awon oloselu gaaan ? akinolu should calm down for politics interferrance nau

1 Like

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by ellechrystal(f): 4:41pm On May 13, 2015
Hmm, it is well.
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by steffans(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2015
Free Muazu..

All this na politics... Just to remove him..

If u are not a politician u won't and can't understand!
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 13, 2015
PDP is finished in Lagos
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 13, 2015
richidinho:
Mtsheeeew

This Akiolu talks anyhow this dayz

Mo'R'on

I'm sure you didn't even read before commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 13, 2015
some thing tells me dis man Akiolu is basketmouth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by imsuboi(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2015
This oba and Amaechi have one thing in common,

They talk like women undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by efilefun(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2015
Lol
Re: Mu’azu Wanted Ambode As PDP Gov Candidate – Akiolu by naijainfogalery: 4:44pm On May 13, 2015
Mumuazu in trouble , This guy sefm should resign plus this Oba talks too much these days

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Adjourns Sokoto Governorship Appeal To January 20 / Become Our Consultant, PDP Mocks APC Over ‘close Shop’ Comment / 2023: Group Raise N100m For Nwajiuba To Purchase APC Presidency Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.