Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu (395 Views)

Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu / Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu by dre11(m): 2:13pm On May 13, 2015
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

The leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kogi State, Abubakar Audu, has urged Nigerians to be patient with the president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, assuring them that the in-coming administration would fulfill all the campaign promises made to the people.

He said the people would for the first time, know the meaning of democracy this time around unlike what obtained in the last 16 years.

The ex-governor of Kogi State, said in a speech delivered at a victory party organised for the APC national and state assemblies members-elect held at his Ogbonicha country home in Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State that Nigerians will start noticing the difference in the first one or two months of the administration.

According to him, “But with the emergence of Buhari, a well disciplined gentleman, a great leader, I think all the poverty, the penury, the pains of the people would be put behind us, but it requires time.”

Audu stated further that, “Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. It requires time. I know the expectations are high, but it is not something that we can achieve overnight.

“With time, people will see the difference. We are talking about four years; you will start noticing the difference in the first one or two months. And with that, we are going to do in four years, what the PDP will never be able to match in 16 years or 30 years, even 60years, that is an assurance.”
[He said: “The 16 years of PDP rule in Nigeria is a disgrace to all Nigerians. Nigerians have never seen the kind of darkness they saw in the last 16 years and I can assure you that that very pathetic trend will be reversed in no too distance future.

The expectations are high but it is not something that can be done overnight, it needs time. Give us one or two years, what you will see in Nigeria in terms of human development, infrastructural development and levelling up with other nations that are developed will be something that will be unparalleled.

“Nigerians believe that the saviour is APC and the saviour will actually be APC and they are out to see what they have never seen in life and it is going to happen exactly that way. Democracy will mean a lot to our people this time around.

“Since the last 16 years, there has been no democracy in Nigeria, it is only civil rule because people don’t win elections; they just swear them into various elected positions. The ability to win elections or to go into any elective offices within that period was the “Ghana must go”. That era is gone and gone forever.

“I promise all Nigerians, I promise my sweet people of Kogi State that they will see the best, they will know the meaning of democracy this time around, unlike what it was before. So that is all I have to say at this point in time,” he said.

Audu, who vowed to contest the forthcoming governorships election in the state, regretted that his legacy projects have been ruined completely by his successors.

“They have been ruined completely and by the special grace of God I will come to re-sustain them and bring them to life. The fear of my detractors is that I am coming to take vengeance. I will be too pre-occupied with the job of developing the state that I will not think about vengeance.

“My role model in life is Nelson Mandela of blessed memory because of what he did when he was released from incarceration after spending 27 years in prison, now South Africa is at peace today and that was what made him the greatest human being on earth. So I will toll that line.

“I believe nobody offended me and I equally believed that I offended everybody and I apologised.

“I have the love of the people at heart. I can say it. See the sea of heads, see the unprecedented crowd that assembled in this small village today, that tells a volume of story and this is what the change is all about.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerians-have-nothing-to-fear-over-buhari-says-audu/209198/

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu by aare07(m): 2:13pm On May 13, 2015
Change is Real.
Baba Buhari should cut Bola Ahmed Tinubu into Size for Real change to come
FTC is dedicated to my mother
Re: Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu by agarawu23(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2015
yes we all know that

we don't need a prophet to tell us that.
Re: Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu by Islie: 2:27pm On May 13, 2015
“Since the last 16 years, there has been no democracy in Nigeria, it is only civil rule because people don’t win elections; they just swear them into various elected positions. The ability to win elections or to go into any elective offices within that period was the “Ghana must go”. That era is gone and gone forever

That's explain why it was easier for Obanikoro to scale thought screening of the Senate which was presided by David Mark.

Because of Ghana must go........
Re: Nigerians Have Nothing To Fear Over Buhari, Says Audu by richidinho(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2015
Old fool

Did I tell u am scared of Buhari

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-president, Obasanjo, Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP / Breaking News ; We Buy Used Battery, Inverter Battery, Condemned Battery, Scraps / N9bn For Buhari’s Ministers, Lawmakers Outrageous –nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.