Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] (2176 Views)

Laptop Or Desktop PC? - Here Are The Things To Consider Before You Choose! / How Do I Connect Modem To My Laptop / Post A Screenshot Of Your Phone, Tablet Or PC Here!(+ How To's) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 5:28pm On May 13, 2015
Hello this Nairalander.
Are you've been running round the bush on how you can use a Nokia phone as modem to your PC?
Its simple and am willing to post it here for free.
STEPS/REQUIREMENT:
1.)Get a Laptop/Desktop.
2.)One Nokia phone.
3.)Excess Data Plan to test it.
4.)USB Cable to connect to the pc.
Now: Go to connectivity setting on ur phone, in the option to connect to cable you will either see[/b]NOKIA PC SUITE or NOKIA OVI SUITE and Mass storage, leave the mass storage.
Now make sure you Download or Install Either OVI SUITE or PC SUITE YOU FOUND ON Your Phone.
After this. Connect your phone with pc through cable.

WAIT FOR AUTORUN, If it does not found ur phone Automatically,

>Just open the Ovi suite or Pc suite app on your pc > Click Add new Device/phone > wait for it to install the device.

After this, on the app screen click [b]TOOLS
> CONNECT TO INTERNET
Note: Make sure u configure the APN Of the network you are using there. Thats all

Q and A
1. Is it fast in surfing internet. =>NO in a bad network area. It's 2G but 65% Yes in a Good Network Area.
2. Can i use it to download.=> Yes but slower than snail

Thank me later.

Disclaimer: I have the right to delete this post at any time or add to It.
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2015
SOLVED
THREAD CLOSED
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Activityj(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2015
Thank God it is solved.
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Olarewajub: 6:44pm On May 29, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
SOLVED
THREAD CLOSED
How where able to solve it?
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 1:10am On May 30, 2015
Olarewajub:
How where able to solve it?
i just brainstormed and it works.
Did you need help?
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 1:14am On May 30, 2015
Activityj:
Thank God it is solved.
Who told u Na God Solve It
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Olarewajub: 2:24am On May 30, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
i just brainstormed and it works. Did you need help?
I will love to know how it's being done.
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2015
Olarewajub:
I will love to know how it's being done.
Okay check the OP @ the top.
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Activityj(m): 9:06am On May 30, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
Who told u Na God Solve It
na Godwin!
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2015
Activityj:
na Godwin!
heh heh ooo. You got me there.
Bro, how was today so far?
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Olarewajub: 9:41am On May 30, 2015
Thanks @Op
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Activityj(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
heh heh ooo. You got me there.
Bro, how was today so far?
i bless jah!
So how did you solve it cus back in the days i used to use nokia 2690 to browse on my system with the help of pc suite.
Re: Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] by Galaxyroyp(m): 4:20pm On May 30, 2015
The solution is at the Op. Besides, ur Jah rings a bell, u be Jw?
Activityj:
i bless jah!
So how did you solve it cus back in the days i used to use nokia 2690 to browse on my system with the help of pc suite.

(1) (Reply)

Which Website Can I Use To Download Money? / Uk Used Hp Envy M4 Quad Core I7 8gb Ram 1tb Hdd Fingerprint Keyboard Light~75k / The Best Antivirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.