Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church (1847 Views)

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You / 5 Benefits Of Attending Church / David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 13, 2015
There is far more to learn on GOOGLE than in church.

Google expands your consciousness, your exposure, your knowledge. It even draws you closer to Infinite Consciousness (God).

There are so many things you will learn about God on Google that are not in the bible.

On GOOGLE you will learn things your pastor can only dream about.

7 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by dulux07(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2015
Its better and preferable to stick to your bible so u dont get misled, and be very conscious when relyin on Google for spiritual ans.
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by emmyw(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2015
Some will just think of one thing and post it to mislead others,so church and google which of them came first? And the pages that google is picking what you are reading,where did the person get the knowledge from? Well,nothing can stop me personally from attending to church.
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 13, 2015
dulux07:
Its better and preferable to stick to your bible so u dont get misled, and be very conscious when relyin on Google for spiritual ans.

How do you know the bible itself is not 'misleading'?

The only reason people followed guys like Jesus and Abraham around in those days (assuming they existed), was because the people had little or no alternative viewpoints within their reach. If they had Google they'd be on it gathering a variety of ideas, and reaching their own personal, independent conclusions regarding 'the truth'. They wouldn't be taken in by ''miracles''. Wow, Moses turned a stick into a snake! Jesus changed water to wine! We've seen David Blaine, Houdini, and even our dear own Professor Peller produce stunning tricks. That doesn't make us regard any of them as the sons of God. On Youtube you can see all sorts of tricks and phenomena performed by all kinds of people.

8 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by CountDracula(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Google expands your consciousness, your exposure, your knowledge. It even draws you closer to Infinite Consciousness (God).

There are so many things you will learn about God on Google that are not in the bible.

Let Google be ur god den

1 Like

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
CountDracula:

Let Google be ur god den

Is the bible your God? How sad.... A mind as big as yours wasted on a solitary book penned by cattle rearers.

If any of those bible characters were around today you wouldn't let them through your gate. cool

5 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by CountDracula(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Is the bible your God? How sad.... A mind as big as yours wasted on some book penned by cattle rearers.

If any of those bible characters were around today you wouldn't let them through your gate.
Do wat u want sef. Na for ur pocket. If u like say yahoo is better dan ur father's words
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 13, 2015
CountDracula:

Do wat u want sef. Na for ur pocket. If u like say yahoo is better dan ur father's words

You regard the bible as your father? Do you realise that makes you a slave to a foreign culture and history? (Made worse by the fact you haven't investigated its authenticity). What's wrong with your own heritage?

(I learnt such thinking from Google) smiley

8 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by CountDracula(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

You regard the bible as your father? Do you realise that makes you a slave to a foreign culture and history? What's wrong with your own heritage?

(I learnt such thinking from Google) smiley
Oh my God! Ure such an unintelligent being. Pls I'm sorry for commenting. Jus leav me alone

1 Like

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by lilmax(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2015
Is this guy serious?
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 13, 2015
CountDracula:

Oh my God! Ure such an unintelligent being. Pls I'm sorry for commenting. Jus leav me alone

You wanna be left alone? It would help if you stopped posting. smiley

5 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by simplymade(m): 6:43pm On May 13, 2015
Fact

2 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 13, 2015
lilmax:
Is this guy serious?

Ok...tell us what you learnt in church in the last one year. Then I'll tell you what I learnt on Google in the same period.

6 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Really? Let's say u want advice or knowledge about something and u go to a market place and ask everyone to offer an opinion, would u really get sound information?

That is just how the internet is. While u may find helpful thing on it, u could also find misleading and sentimental opinions about things. Some would say black for one things, others would say white on the same thing. Any one can post any thing on the internet, right or wrong? So exercise caution.
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

Really? Let's say u want advice or knowledge about something and u go to a market place and ask everyone to offer an opinion, would u really get sound information?

That is just how the internet is. While u may find helpful thing on it, u could also find misleading and sentimental opinions about things. Some would say black for one things, others would say white on the same thing. Any one can post any thing on the internet, right or wrong? So exercise caution.

But you already went to the market. Trouble was there was only one person there to sell you stuff, and you bought it. Now you think it's the only thing going.

3 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

The only reason people followed guys like Jesus and Abraham around in those days (assuming they existed), was because the people had little or no alternative viewpoints within their reach. If they had Google they'd be on it gathering a variety of ideas, and reaching their own personal, independent conclusions regarding 'the truth'. They wouldn't be taken in by ''miracles''. Wow, Moses turned a stick into a snake! Jesus changed water to wine! We've seen David Blaine, Houdini, and even our dear own Professor Peller produce stunning tricks. That doesn't make us regard any of them as the sons of God. On Youtube you can see all sorts of tricks and phenomena performed by all kinds of people.

I want you to tell us that u have examined the bible yourself and found it misleading. Or its just someone's opinion u found on google that u base ur comments.

If u must know,Jesus wasn't even prominent during his time. If not for the bible, people wouldn't have known Jesus. There were more prominent philosophers and historians who were more influential than Jesus back then, both prior to and after his existence. So people who followed Jesus followed him not cos they weren't exposed or had no knowledge, about things but because he taught something they considered better and wiser.

So pls use Google to get ur facts right!
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by tpiadotcom: 7:00pm On May 13, 2015
dulux07:
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

But you already went to the market. Trouble was there was only one person there to sell you stuff, and you bought it. Now you think it's the only thing going.

One person? U know or u just assume? I rather say I asked professionals in that field
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

I want you to tell us that u have examined the bible yourself and found it misleading. Or its just someone's opinion u found on google that u base ur comments.

If u must know,Jesus wasn't even prominent during his time. If not for the bible, people wouldn't have known Jesus. There were more prominent philosophers and historians who were more influential than Jesus back then, both prior to and after his existence. So people who followed Jesus followed him not cos they weren't exposed or had no knowledge, about things but because he taught something they considered better and wiser.

So pls use Google to get ur facts right!

Have you used Google (or any other search engine) to research the historicity of Jesus? ie to determine (as any intelligent person should) if the superman you worship actually lived on this earth?

Have you researched the historicity of any of the other bible characters?

These are areas where Google can help you.

The guys who wrote the bible said you shouldn't ask questions or risk an eternity in hell.

Don't listen to them.

4 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

One person? U know or u just assume? I rather say I asked professionals in that field

Care to point us to these professionals?

A name perhaps?

1 Like

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Have you used Google (or any other search engine) to research the historicity of Jesus? ie to determine if the superman you worship actually lived on this earth?

Have you researched the historicity of any of the other bible characters?

U know one thing I hate about having discussion with like you, it cos u take the liberty to make assumptions and cast aspersions. I rather u stick to the matter than getting personal with me. What in my comment prompted u to think I worship Jesus.

Like I said everyone can write anything about anyone and put it on the internet. I can curse ur family line and call u a fool and put it on the internet. I could also write about how prosperous and wise you and your family are, when I don't know you. We all choose to believe what we believe.

2 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

U know one thing I hate about having discussion with like you, it cos u take the liberty to make assumptions and cast aspersions. I rather u stick to the matter than getting personal with me. What in my comment prompted u to think I worship Jesus.

Like I said everyone can write anything about anyone and put it on the internet. I can curse ur family line and call u a fool and put it on the internet. I could also write about how prosperous and wise you and your family are, when I don't know you. We all choose to believe what we believe.

First off, I don't give a damn if you worship 'Jesus' or not. YOU posted a response filled with claims about him which a non-believer wouldn't make.

Second, spare me that ''oh the internet is filled with things written by all sorts of people etc'' excuse for ignorance. You don't complain about variety. You take advantage of it. You were given a brain for a reason. It's not there for decoration. Your job is to use it to arrive at your truth by sifting through the numerous approaches, ideas, concepts on the internet and elsewhere in the known universe. Not to be stuck like glue to some dodgy book shoved on you by your parents.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

First off, I don't give a damn if you worship 'Jesus' or not. YOU posted a response filled with claims about him which a non-worshiper wouldn't make.

Second, spare me that ''oh the internet is filled with things written by all sorts of people etc''. You were given a brain for a reason. Your brain is not there for decoration. Your job is to use it to arrive at the truth, sifting through the numerous approaches, ideas, concepts on the internet and elsewhere in the known universe. Not to be stuck like glue to some dodgy book shoved on you by your parents.

Keep making assumption! Maybe u didn't have any parents to shove something on you. Thats why u resorted to the internet. And when u have children, let the internet train them.
To you anyone who choose to believe the bible must have been forced to believe it by his/her parents. No one would read the bible cos he wanted to, just like u would check the internet cos u want to. And u say u were given a brain!

1 Like

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

Keep making assumption! Maybe u didn't have any parents to shove something on you. Thats why u resorted to the internet.

Actually my parents encouraged their offspring to search out their own truth, unlike your parents who just bundled you to church.

And when u have children, let the internet train them.

Rather than some private jet flying pastor preaching prudence?

To you anyone who choose to believe the bible must have been forced to believe it by his/her parents. No one would read the bible cos he wanted to, just like u would check the internet cos u want to. And u say u were given a brain!

The vast majority of people who follow any religion were introduced to it by their parents. According to a recent poll, something like 99.8 percent.

I learnt that on Google. smiley

See? You'd never know that just reading your little bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by dulux07(m): 8:13pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

The bible is not misleading, if u google it or better still read ur bible, u will know d bible is d most consistent n accurate book in terms of prophesy, diff parts of the bible were written by diff pple at diff places n diff time , yet they complement each other, is that a coincidence? even d bible has foreseen n referred directly or indirectly abt d event of this present day.

Ve u ever wondered how u came into existence, I studied science, even when i wasnt a xtian, i did nt believe the evolution crap, do u? The bible is d only book that has given a reasonable explanation, cos by now we should have evolved into another creature, or even the so-called creature we involved rm, who created it.by now we should ve been able to create humans ourself, cos virtually all organs in d body can be transplanted, so whats missin.

Like u mentioned, david blaine, criss angel.... all performed magic, n if its not magic its supernatural, n bsids the bible never said no one, would perform what moses or others did, then there were socerers, magicians,wizards like pela, criss n ko then, if u google d story of moses, u will find out d magicians of pharoah, performed virtually every thing moses did. The bible only says we should be consious of their motives n source of their power. Most miracles in d bible were used as signs not to impress or make money, they were use to win souls n majorly to help others. So then, magicians n sorcerers also exist if u google it, so pple had a choice to choose whom to ff. I hope u believe in supernatural or spiritual activities.

Also, d bible preaches, love n good morals.
Lemme jst stop here, cos if i continue....... Go n google d uniqueness of d bible to all other books
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:

just silently OBSERVING OP's STUPIDITY
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 13, 2015
I'm not so sure I get you op. When did attending church/studying the bible become antithetical to googling?

Regarding your assertion... it seems you've never encountered anything bigger than Google in your life. If you had, you wouldn't talk like this.

#okbye
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 14, 2015
Gaborone:
I'm not so sure I get you op. When did attending church/studying the bible become antithetical to googling?

Regarding your assertion... it seems you've never encountered anything bigger than Google in your life. If you had, you wouldn't talk like this.

#okbye
If you spent more time on Google and less time in church, you'd be less cocooned and ignorant. Especially a dunce like you who thinks there is nothing bigger than her cattle rearer written bible from 3000 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 8:30am On May 18, 2015
coolbump
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by bigfrancis21: 8:31am On May 18, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Lmao
Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Nobody: 8:36am On May 18, 2015
sportsmaster:

just silently OBSERVING OP's STUPIDITY
Stupidi.ty? YOU are the one who accepts an unproven, dodgy book by cattle rearers as your guiding authority. Have you spent one minute of your life investigating the authenticity of its contents? That's where Google can help.

1 Like

Re: You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church by Readwarn(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2015
All OP is trying to say is.
Don't leave it idle.use your brain! Question things.

Ok,give just one prove to believe the bible is valid and authentic? How u take know jesus really performed those "magic".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Osewa Has Never Been partial To Anyone On Nairaland / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. / Nairaland Theists , Can You Prove That Theism Is Not Illogical ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.