Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine (795 Views)

Makarfi Surrenders, Recognises Modu Sheriff As National Chairman / US Elections: Africans Chuckle At Ugly US Elections. Bbc Recognises Nairaland / I Support The Struggle For The Independence Of Palestine – Senator Sani Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 8:03pm On May 13, 2015
The Vatican has concluded its first treaty that formally recognises the State of Palestine, with an agreement on Catholic Church activities in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority, according to the Holy See.
A joint statement released by the Vatican said on Wednesday said the text of the treaty had been concluded and would be officially signed by the respective authorities "in the near future".
The agreement "aims to enhance the life and activities of the Catholic Church and its recognition at the judicial level", said Monsignor Antoine Camilleri, the Vatican's deputy foreign minister who led its delegation in the talks.
Vatican officials stressed that although the agreement was significant, it certainly did not constitute the Holy See's first recognition of the State of Palestine.
"We have recognised the State of Palestine ever since it was given recognition by the United Nations and it is already listed as the State of Palestine in our official yearbook," Father Federico Lombardi, Vatican spokesperson, said.
On November 29, 2012, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution recognising Palestine as an observer non-member state.
This was welcomed at the time by the Vatican, which has the same observer non-member status at the UN.
During a three-day visit to the Middle East a year ago, Pope Francis delighted his Palestinian hosts by referring to the "state of Palestine", giving support for their bid for full statehood recognition.
The Palestinian delegation was led by Ambassador Rawan Sulaiman, the assistant minister for foreign affairs.
In an interview with the Vatican's official newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Camilleri said he hoped the agreement would indirectly help the Palestinian State in its relations with Israel.
"It would be positive if the accord could in some way help with the establishment and recognition of an independent, sovereign and democratic State of Palestine which lives in peace and security with Israel and its neighbours," he said.
Source: Reuters

http:///bZIrSbRBrQ

1 Like

Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 8:06pm On May 13, 2015
Soon the 2 state solution will be a reality
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by nigerdeltaa(m): 8:47pm On May 13, 2015
why didn't they recognize Biafra? double standard I guess. rubbish
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 9:42pm On May 13, 2015
Palestine State soon
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by Code213: 10:47pm On May 13, 2015
nigerdeltaa:

what is Biafra? I hope you are not adding the South-South to that your illusion?

1 Like

Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by BrosKay: 7:01am On May 14, 2015
....one will think this will inch Palestine and Israel towards peace, but these two are seemingly destined to annihilate each other
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 8:59am On May 14, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
bia what?
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:03am On May 14, 2015
Fake source Until I see it on d vatican site I spit on dis thrash
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 9:08am On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
it's on every major international news site.
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:12am On May 14, 2015
bappahman:
it's on every major international news site.
Same international news site dat said d Pope approves of "gay"?
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:08am On May 14, 2015
Code213:

what is Biafra? I hope you are not adding the South-South to that your illusion?
Tell the leeches. Biafra consists of ONLY the 5 Igbo states.
Re: Vatican Recognises State Of Palestine by bappahman: 11:59am On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

http:///4UEHgVYyJO

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Pilot Turns Off Plane And Ask Passengers To Disembark / States Govts And Their Percentage Of Performance -naijawatch / President Buhari To Attend G7 Summit In Berlin, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.