Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death (30632 Views)

Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 / Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by adexsimply(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
donbenedict:
Reminds me of d story of the good samaritan
Oh, that story! one of the fables that interested me most in the book of myths Bible. The world would have been a better place if all Christians act like that character sad

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by ddeston(m): 11:26pm On May 14, 2015
If you you or a close friend haven't been locked up by the police for being a good samaritan, then you won't understand why people stroll past them.

I was 15 when it happened,

The Boy I and my friends rushed to the hospital died when we got to the hospital. police came and said they wanted our statement about what happened. Considering the dude attends a school opposite ours.

We gave them statement. And said we where going home. They told us to wait till our parents came.

To cut long story short, mummy bailed me And 2 of my friends 50k (we were still underage ooo). With the help of a lawyer.

As what the police wrote down was that we where fighting. And one of us stabbed the boy.

Meanwhile okada knocked the guy and he fell with an iron on the floor penetrating his tummy.

Thank God mum was rich. Imagine if we where from typical poor homes

Second scenario. Almost similar just that I was matured already, my lawyer came we didn't pay a dime. Despite I have begged them with 20k earlier for being a good Samaritan.

Abeggi if the person ain't a family member. I wont help so far na naija
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by gostartit(m): 11:27pm On May 14, 2015
Something needs to be done.

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Edusouls(m): 11:31pm On May 14, 2015
black monkey africans with so much greed, wickedness and dark heart,no brotherly love in our land,thats why we are cursed and dammned to suffering and endless poverty in our land due to our wicked and ever selfish heart.africa is really in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 14, 2015
Nigeria...
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by brixton: 11:33pm On May 14, 2015
Adieu Nigeria!! Better to break this mismatch of a marriage... Nigeria is not getting any better.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by efficiencie(m): 11:49pm On May 14, 2015
It's a pity...but you will not blame those passing by. The way our country is run is pathetic and wicked...A good Samaritan may choose to help those injured persons and get detained by the doctors pending when the police folks get there and when the police folks arrive there no amount of explanation will prevent the good Samaritan from getting to the police station to put down a statement and from a statement he'll be tossed like a piece of rag into the cell for doing good to a dying person...by the time that good Samaritan pays 10k to bail himself, he'll pass by the next accident victim when he sees on...institutions in Nigeria have a way of punishing those who's ways are pure and righteous and vindicating those whose ways are pervasive and wicked...

It's such a pity...but if we as a people do not stand up for institutional change, then we would have to put up with terrible events like this...
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Maxcollins042(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2015
This is the apothesis of mephistophelean by the people who stood by and watched this victims of the accident die this is so egregious,OP the post looks quite insalubrious and mendacious as it lacks certain details like date of accident and venue where it took place,pls endeavour to put the crinkum crankums to fill in the lacuna in the write up to put to death any form of doubt it must have awakened.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Qmab: 11:56pm On May 14, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I wont blame them , lots of people are wasting in Nigerian prisons just because of this kind of acts of love, Nigerian system is crazy, no emergency center to call and if u try to help, even the person might just say you are the one that hit him because he doesnt want to pay bill or doesnt have money to pay the bill.
If you think the well, in your mind you will just support the victims with prayer because the story of the good samaritan could have landed him in jail right here in Nigeria, but that shouldnt give us an excuse not to save a life, One thing i have noticed is Nigerians are always looking for the first person to stop and help, once one person stops others will follow suit,

Check out this scenerio
u helped the guy, because the doctors in most hospitals are not qualified, they will reject the person telling you to take him to the general hospital and if satan catches u, he dies in your car , you now went to report yourself at the station , the first thing they do is lock you up calling you a murderer not even a suspect oo or give u a benefit of the doubt, then before u know wassup they either ask you for a 100k bribe and if Satan now catches you the more , you dont have it, then thats how they will frame you for someones else death, and if devil wants to finish your life, if there is one rich man whose sons commits a criminal offence they could collect bribe then make you the victim.
Any wise Nigerian would do anything in his power to stay away from the Nigerian police because ive heard cases where police will change your name on their register that you will never be found.

May God heal this country.
i concur with you.
BTW, I didn't know it was you again. I just read the post and liked its content. You are so on point.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 12:05am On May 15, 2015
igbsam:
And we preach the brother's keepers sermon.

Sadly, those people riding past are somehow active members in churches and mosques. You see them praying as if they naturally want to burst their lungs. We have a long way to go as humans in this country. Accident victims o! and not Robbery Victims that the police would want to rope u with the case as the animals they are.

So sad.

Thank you. Reminds me of the Good Samaritan story.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 12:05am On May 15, 2015
Bystander apathy?

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Eluwilussit(m): 12:37am On May 15, 2015
Pinocchioo:
so much to tell for the giants of africa

The whole thing is sickening.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Popemax(m): 12:42am On May 15, 2015
I hate this news...this similar case happened to my course mate then Bosco(RIP bro)he was stabbed and was bleeding heavily,we took him to hospital...Doctors were there asking for Police report and 70k b4 they start treatment along d line dis guy died in my arms...it was terrible nearly strangled d doctor to death @ d end I was detained with all pains and agony I passed through trying to save my man....brother no be today for Nigeria
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by chachanga: 12:44am On May 15, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I wont blame them , lots of people are wasting in Nigerian prisons just because of this kind of acts of love, Nigerian system is crazy, no emergency center to call and if u try to help, even the person might just say you are the one that hit him because he doesnt want to pay bill or doesnt have money to pay the bill.
If you think the well, in your mind you will just support the victims with prayer because the story of the good samaritan could have landed him in jail right here in Nigeria, but that shouldnt give us an excuse not to save a life, One thing i have noticed is Nigerians are always looking for the first person to stop and help, once one person stops others will follow suit,

Check out this scenerio
u helped the guy, because the doctors in most hospitals are not qualified, they will reject the person telling you to take him to the general hospital and if satan catches u, he dies in your car , you now went to report yourself at the station , the first thing they do is lock you up calling you a murderer not even a suspect oo or give u a benefit of the doubt, then before u know wassup they either ask you for a 100k bribe and if Satan now catches you the more , you dont have it, then thats how they will frame you for someones else death, and if devil wants to finish your life, if there is one rich man whose sons commits a criminal offence they could collect bribe then make you the victim.
Any wise Nigerian would do anything in his power to stay away from the Nigerian police because ive heard cases where police will change your name on their register that you will never be found.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, see wasted potentials, Nigeria's gone to the dogs!

BUT IT'S TRUE...

Happened to Moi in 2012 but this time around, crazy Lagosians were more interested and busy snapping pics shocked even as I was bleeding from an headwound, driver comatose, other passengers in various critical states.

As soon as i could get up, had to hail okadas by meself....dey didnt stop till God mercifully brought one around who went even beyond what coulda been expect of a biological brother!

SO y'see where we've gotten ourselves now...this quagmire.

IF YOU DECIDED TO PERFORM YOUR GOOD-SAMARITAN DUTIES and got jailed framed for manslaughter and later got swapped for one idiot chief-justice cultist son, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR FAMILY (wifey, mom, kids etc) say to you, ehn?

Let's just play as safe as we can and keep praying no evil comes near us and our loved ones !

AND...
This Police Force needs to be unbundled faster than PHCN sef

2 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by pinkycute(f): 12:57am On May 15, 2015
That's why am scared of everything sad
Shit happens unexpectedly in najia sad
Ooh dear Lord...... RIP to the dead cry
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Seun360(m): 1:03am On May 15, 2015
And na Nigerians go church pass.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by eyinjuege: 1:30am On May 15, 2015
ddeston:
If you you or a close friend haven't been locked up by the police for being a good samaritan, then you won't understand why people stroll past them.

I was 15 when it happened,

The Boy I and my friends rushed to the hospital died when we got to the hospital. police came and said they wanted our statement about what happened. Considering the dude attends a school opposite ours.

We gave them statement. And said we where going home. They told us to wait till our parents came.

To cut long story short, mummy bailed me And 2 of my friends 50k (we were still underage ooo). With the help of a lawyer.

As what the police wrote down was that we where fighting. And one of us stabbed the boy.

Meanwhile okada knocked the guy and he fell with an iron on the floor penetrating his tummy.

Thank God mum was rich. Imagine if we where from typical poor homes

Second scenario. Almost similar just that I was matured already, my lawyer came we didn't pay a dime. Despite I have begged them with 20k earlier for being a good Samaritan.

Abeggi if the person ain't a family member. I wont help so far na naija

These your stories na wah o. I have heard so many stories of police framing innocent people up. Even read one on NL some years ago when they tried to rope a guy in a hit and run for which he wasn't responsible and just tried to help the victim.
Maybe as someone posted on this topic, there should be a law protecting good samaritans, else people will not help. In some places, its an offence to drive past an accident without calling emergency services, and staying back. Unfortunately, such emergency service networks are almost non existence in Naija for now.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by digitsolution: 1:48am On May 15, 2015
airsaylongcon:
While I'm not justifying anything, I'm not sure this guy has had to deal with the Nigerian Police. I have first hand experience of what these guys can do given an accident scenario. Lost my mum last September in an accident and I went to he'll and back to retrieve her remains. Imagine what an innocent good samaritan would go through if the accident vic dies in transit or at the hospital. RIP to the dead

So sorry to hear about your loss. May she rest in peace. Amen
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 2:02am On May 15, 2015
That is incredibly sad.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 2:07am On May 15, 2015
Popemax:
I hate this news...this similar case happened to my course mate then Bosco(RIP bro)he was stabbed and was bleeding heavily,we took him to hospital...Doctors were there asking for Police report and 70k b4 they start treatment along d line dis guy died in my arms...it was terrible nearly strangled d doctor to death @ d end I was detained with all pains and agony I passed through trying to save my man....brother no be today for Nigeria
Heartbreaking.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Panter215: 3:17am On May 15, 2015
It is sad that nobody helped but is it not the responsibility of government to response to emergency. I always heard of the Lagos state emergency numbers. If this is widely used, why are we not able to call for an ambulance to help. Atleast this should not require police report but I bet there is nothing like that working. If our government cares for live, we need to start investing in what safes live. God is watch us all.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 3:22am On May 15, 2015
OP next time arrange the tweets properly, what do you mean by read from bottom up?
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by preselect(m): 3:55am On May 15, 2015
sad story. . . . .the age of smart phones and stupid people
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by ZACHIE: 4:11am On May 15, 2015
Buchukwu:
lol. THIS STORY IS FABREGATED JUST TO FILL BLOG PAGES

Not only FABRECATED, it was FABREGAS that should be held responsible.
Olodo.
When it comes to you, be ready to face the consequences alone because we will be too uncaring as you to give a hoot.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 4:18am On May 15, 2015
am not supporting Nigerians action but sometimes people do it cos there are scared....i heard of an incident from my pastor

A man was driving by when he saw an accident so he rushed both victims to the hospital..on getting there one of the victim died while the other went into Coma.. when the police arrived at the hospital the Samaritan was arrested immediately and thrown into prison...the guy lasted days in the cell before the Coma guy woke up and narrated his ordeal....imagine if the Coma guy was in Coma for 2yrs that clearly means the samaritan would have been locked up for the 2yrs....

Nigeria Doctors and Police are both Useless
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Originalsly: 4:28am On May 15, 2015
Hmmm.....so helping a victim is taking a chance with your freedom. Wow!
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by tohpahz(f): 4:32am On May 15, 2015
Too sad..
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by NobleG1(m): 4:35am On May 15, 2015
I've said this many times. I'll say it again now.
Nigeria is a failed state and Nigerians are to blame.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by themodernman: 4:38am On May 15, 2015
Yustash001:
Don't know why people are doing that...instead of them to help the victim...they busy snapping incident...

Na wetin nairaland front page tinz dey cause be dat.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by themodernman: 4:43am On May 15, 2015
WebSurfer:
I MET A SIMILAR CASE DURING THE EBOLA PERIOD, THOUGH I WAS SCARED AS THE VICTIM WAS A COMPLETE STRANGER BUT I HAD NO CHANCE THAN TAKE THE RISK SINCE SHE WAS PREGNANT AND COLLAPSING BY THE ROADSIDE JUST VERY LATE AROUND 8-9PM, EVENTUALLY EVEN AFTER THAT, HOSPITALS, DOCTORS, NURSES SURPRISED ME, IT WAS FINALLY A FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER WHO ACCEPTED AND ATTENDED TO US AFTER BEING REJECTED REPEATEDLY BY OTHERS, MAY GOD HELP US NIGERIANS

Thank God people now realise the difference between private & public hospital doctors. We have been vindicated. You should know the main aim of a private hospital is to make money and they're in their right to do that, so if there's any govt hospital around better take them there instantly than wasting your time in a private hospital cos if I'm also the doctor there I won't attend to you until you pay! You don't expect me to lose my job cos of you. Ppl should know how things work.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by themodernman: 4:47am On May 15, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Check out this scenerio

No wonder my cousin warned me against dashing the police anything even if its #5, cos they don't deserve it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transformation Of Mother And Daughter With Facial Tumors (Photos) / That Mouth Blister Is NOT Malaria But Herpes Labialis- Nigerian Health Blog / Coronavirus: Pharmacy Accused Of Selling A Bottle Of Hand Sanitizer For N19,950

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.