Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 (26056 Views)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by mezynaija(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2016
An accident victim, James Omase, was reportedly refused medical attention for three hours on Saturday by the Kubwa General Hospital, Abuja over his inability to pay a N3, 500 bill, reports Punchng.

Omase, 20, was taken to the hospital around 6pm but the medical personnel refused to attend to him until around 9pm, when his employer showed up and paid the bill. He was riding a motorcycle along Arab Road, Kubwa, when another rider rammed into him, causing him to fall and sustain injuries.

The victim, who worked as a security guard in a residential building, lost two teeth and also sustained an injury on his upper lips, had bruises on his head, right upper arm and on both hands.

Omase said, “I was on the ground in pains and people were passing by, nobody volunteered to take me to the hospital. It was a friend who saw me lying along the road, that took me to the hospital. But when I got there, the nurses said they won’t attend to me until I paid N3,500 for treatment. .

I told them I had N2,500 but they refused to accept it or attend to me. I was lying on a bench in pains for many hours. It was a neighbour, who learnt that I was involved in an accident, that went to inform my employers, who came to the hospital around 9pm and paid the money before I was treated.”

The acting Secretary, FCT Hospital Management Board, Mrs. Alice Odey-Achu, expressed disappointment over the conduct of the nurses, saying their action was unacceptable.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/11/abuja-hospital-abandons-accident-victim.html

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by mezynaija(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by ammyluv2002(f): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Just imagine! That Kubwa GH get plenty kolo in them sef undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by daniska3yaro(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2016
Sad

1 Like

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by TINALETC3(f): 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
I no dey ar doing dia job bt we ar al humans and I blive we al hv conscience, Med. Docs. Shud pls learn 2 pity dia patients

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Icecomrade: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
HOW DID WE LOOSE THE HUMANITY IN US.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by herzernIsHere: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Mr Man.....

Niqeria's not worth it....

7 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by simplyOJ(m): 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pathetic.... Quite unfortunate the level our hospitals have degenerated to. Their response is always:
"We don't run a charity organization". Why not treat first and hold him "hostage" until
the bill is settled.

The funny part is that if the patient unfortunately dies, they hurriedly convey the body to their morgue, and
the bill automatically starts counting while they wait for the relations of the dead to show up.

Its high time they are reminded of the oath they swore to keep.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Orestino(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
undecided
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by kokerkl(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
It's a wicked world last last

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by prince9851(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigeria
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by sam4(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigeria which way?
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Winnelyn(f): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
FCT Min sef undecided
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Jafar1: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
all the hospital workers need serious beating

1 Like

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by yeyeboi(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by stephnie1(f): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
imagine
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by MosakuAW(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
And some foolish leaders will say " Think about what you can do for your country not what your country can do for you" if my country can't do just this small favour for me, how to you expect me to think if what to do for my country.

Ordinary treatment they can't. Nonsense country.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by berrystunn(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Buhari free health care.

Lie and scam, they are Twins
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by dalynch(f): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
wickedness. God 'll judge them
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by athorello(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
It's how does it feel to commission a project you contributed zero.... Next stop is commissioning of Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro stadium.
Oga when is the next birthday party, thanksgiving or burial ceremony At least make mehn follow d train go wack color! Lol
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by kulobyno: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Na their way. Heartless goobs
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by oluwaVaz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Useless country...3.5k and life which one is more precious.... This country is full of barbarians...

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Funkybabee(f): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
chaii this country eh anyway no whahala nairaland I need ur gift for today more likes for me
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dat's nigerians for you, very heartless ppl, so because of meagre 3500 they can help this lad Smh
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by kingDELE(m): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigeria is not worthy to b called a country.

It a play stage

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Acidosis(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
I won't be quick to blame the Doctors knowing that they don't eat sand and dust.

They have bills to pay..

What we should be asking is, do government make provisions for accident victims?

Our Doctors must not beg to eat in the name of working for free. It is a government hospital, and as such, government is to blame.

Just to enlighten some ignorant and hypocrite minds. There is something they call inventory in business. Would you, as an employee, misuse your company's stock to cure an accident victim, knowing that you stand the risk of being sacked, and dying of starvation at the end?

There is absolutely nothing an ordinary employee (staff) can do about it. Blame the government for a non existing and poorly managed policy for emergency/accident cases.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Yewandequeen(f): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Too bad
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Yewandequeen(f): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
Acidosis:
I won't be quick to blame the Doctors knowing that they don't eat sand and dust.

They have bills to pay..

What we should be asking is, do government make provisions for accident victims?

Yea right but regardless there should be an exception for critical cases.

Same way I was rushed to the hospital the other day due to injury on my head. I almost died before getting to the hospital, on arrival one of the nurses asked if the hospital is where I use before the doctor should suture my head. I couldn't talk but another nurse replied for me and told her that is that the next thing to ask when there is serious bleeding from the head.#was glad in my heart grin

Summary is there should be preference.
Re: Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

International Condom Day 2020: 3 In 10 Nigerians Use Condom Regularly / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 / Obama Honours Adepeju Jaiyeoba (A Nigerian) For Mothers' Delivery Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.