Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ (35367 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by otswag(m): 7:45pm On May 23, 2015
D train still dey enugu. One serious traffic jam dey grin.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by lyricalz: 7:48pm On May 23, 2015
Where is the head of the train? Datz d koko.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by cleric(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Name the "botched similar projects". You're just a typical disgruntled Nigerian who condemns before investigating. Stop making excuses.
I know ur type and silence is the best answer for you. Anyway, FYI it was botched projects by past administrations. You better learn to get facts before jumping to conclusion.

So you'd know, a train at this time and age should be ntn less than the one below.

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by texazzpete(m): 7:56pm On May 23, 2015
This Nigeria sha...

We are a tropical country. There is absolutely no reason for First Class to have AC while Second class does not.

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Frando29(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2015
cleric:

I know ur type and silence is the best answer for you. Anyway, FYI it was botched projects by past administrations. You better learn to get facts before jumping to conclusion.

So you'd know, a train at this time and age should be ntn less than the one below.

Yes, a train of this time and age should be like the one you pointed. If I may ask, do you realise these trains run on electricity and not coal? Where is the electricity to operate such trains? The incoming government should not bother with such trains unless of course they are able to provide constant electric power supply.

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by chuckdee4(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
rafhell:
pix or shut up

A 2 minutes old post and you are already dishing verbal diarrhea without giving the OP a chance
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by chidibond(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
My folks actually traveled by train from Lafia to Ovim, Abia State and my mum just couldn't stop purring. First class was 2k and wasn't full, smooth ride they said, had to turn off the AC. Hope to experience it later in the year. Doesn't make my like GEJ any better cuz I knw it coulda been better with the 'contract' sum approved.

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by 49cents(m): 8:14pm On May 23, 2015
juman:
I still dey wonder if this one nigeria country can get it right.

Those leaders are too unserious to build any sensible country.

After 55 years Nigeria can't get not one thing right even our democracy has big comma
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 23, 2015
See as OP dey use ona head do skeskor .
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by juman(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2015
49cents:

After 55 years Nigeria can't get not one thing right even our democracy has big comma

You are right.

55 years of nonsense. May be the root problem is the country's root.
This is a country without citizens.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by 49cents(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2015
juman:

You are right.

55 years of nonsense. May be the root problem is the country's root.
This is a country without citizens.

Nigeria,s is from the root, the structure and unfortunately this has affected the psyche of the average nigerian

Even with Buhari at the helm, this syetem is like a leaking basket it can't hold anything lasting

The earlier we revert to self rule like in the days of the regional autonomies we will keeping wandering in the wilderness
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by juman(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
49cents:

Nigeria,s is from the root, the structure and unfortunately this has affected the psyche of the average nigerian

Even with Buhari at the helm, this syetem is like a leaking basket it can't hold anything lasting

The earlier we revert to self rule like in the days of the regional autonomies we will keeping wandering in the wilderness

The regional system worked well it good for the country if we revert to that.

But this current centralized system can also work if the useless "leaders" are committed and serious.

But seriously many nigerian peoples see nothing good in one nigeria, it has failed us. May God punish nigeria "leaders" for their deliberately destroy the country.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by cardinalmundez(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2015
Nigeria didn't get trains right. It's supposed to be a very fast transportation solution.
It's a good thing you documented it bro.
You're like those guys on discovery channel except the market you went to sell.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by dominique(f): 9:47pm On May 23, 2015
I cant imagine travellIng for days on a journey that shouldnt be more than some hours. Is this the railway reform they're talking about I also expected op to show us pics of towns they passed through during the journey.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by 400billionman: 9:54pm On May 23, 2015
kelvin1191:
First class coach from outside

The legacy of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan..
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by 400billionman: 9:56pm On May 23, 2015
kelvin1191:
Hahaha! StoppeD updating as pictures refused to upload. still have more pix but e no gree upload

Are you still using the phone you are afraid to lose to thieves during the night journey ?

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by eightsin(m): 10:30pm On May 23, 2015
Although I'm happy the trains are finding their way back into the nigeria state, I still feel disappointment in the pace an d type of trains we have.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by darkjorse: 10:36pm On May 23, 2015
How many hours to port Harcourt?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by anonimi: 10:57pm On May 23, 2015
efilefun:
Imagine what some people were celebrating... So from benue to rivers state took OP almost 3days, I wonder how many years it would take from benue to Lagos.

GEJ must return to otuoke from Abuja by train hopefully he should be home by June 30th mtchheeeeeeew

Imagine what some people are celebrating as "change"

The Daura President must come to Abuja from his Kaduna base on the abandoned trains he left 30 years ago, not fair

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by anonimi: 11:05pm On May 23, 2015
eightsin:
Although I'm happy the trains are finding their way back into the nigeria state, I still feel disappointment in the pace an d type of trains we have.

How many of the spare parts for the train are made in Nigeria?

How many of our children are OUT of school because our 36 state governors do not have enough schools, classrooms, teachers etc?

How many TECHNICAL and VOCATIONAL schools do we have in our country to provide those who can translate Engineers concepts into products and MAINTAIN things?

I am happy you are happy for the PROGRESS made already. Please turn your disappointment into meaningful PRESSURE on our state governors and SINators plus representaTHIEVES to also play their part instead of just sharing Niger Delta oil revenue aka national cake.

Meanwhile permit me to share with you pictures of the very popular Ford Model T vehicle, first produced in 1907, to see how things have evolved steadily since then for those who MANUFACTURE things and celebrate slow & steady progress.

[img]http://nozama.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ed05fc288330120a750bdfe970b-pi[/img]

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by omenka(m): 11:11pm On May 23, 2015
donodion:
grin grin grin Op...why the lies??

1. Na only you board the train?.
2. A living sourcr stated the route is yet to be completed.......

Nigerians....na like this we go continue?? Lying with photos of incompleted projects and ambigous project values......haba

It is a mighty lie! A very big one! In fact, this has gotta be the biggest lie ever told on Nairaland!!

Those trains aren't even in Makurdi anymore. They ware brought in for commissioning the lst time Jonathan was in makurdi to campaign. Soon after he left, they were dismantled and taken out of the state to the next destination of "commissioning".

Op na big liar! cheesy

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by omenka(m): 11:17pm On May 23, 2015
kelvin1191:
First class coach from outside
Oga, just a coupla question: where did you board the train from?? How come you are the only one on the train or is it a chattered train?? Can you show us pictures of the ticketing point and when you got to the village behind BIPC quarters??

Guy you fall hand no be small.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by mizzyboy007: 11:30pm On May 23, 2015
kelvin1191:
I decided to travel from Makurdi, Benue state to Portharcourt, Rivers State. Will be updating the house but my picture quality may be bad as am travelling with what I can easily forget incase of loss or we get robbed.

Ticket goes thus: #1,200 for 2nd class and #1900 for first class.

The first class is equipped with AC as I was told.

Also, insurance for both First class and Second class is #10.

just wanna say I love you all nairalanders.... can someone just like dis comment for no reason.

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by mizzyboy007: 11:31pm On May 23, 2015
kelvin1191:
Inside first class
see how dirty it is.... mtchewww

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 6:21am On May 24, 2015
You can lie eh... wen last train work for mkd?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 8:36am On May 24, 2015
so op's lie made fp
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2015
mizzyboy007:
see how dirty it is.... mtchewww

D pix was taken after the derailment. A kid did all the dirty job. There are cleaners in their main stations like Enugu, portharcort
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2015
woski417:
You can lie eh...
wen last train work for mkd?

The train will also leave Portharcourt on tuesday to khafanshan and khafanshan to portharcort on wednesday.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2015
omenka:
It is a mighty lie! A very big one! In fact, this has gotta be the biggest lie ever told on Nairaland!!

Those trains aren't even in Makurdi anymore. They ware brought in for commissioning the lst time Jonathan was in makurdi to campaign. Soon after he left, they were dismantled and taken out of the state to the next destination of "commissioning".

Op na big liar! cheesy

I won't argue with you. Take a trip to railway and ask around.
Yes, the train have only two first class of 56 seats each and 3 second class, a canteen and two baggage van

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2015
woski417:
You can lie eh...
wen last train work for mkd?

Take a trip to railway station and see for yourself. Only the goods waiting at the station will waooow you. People are already making money from it
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2015
omenka:
Oga, just a coupla question: where did you board the train from?? How come you are the only one on the train or is it a chattered train?? Can you show us pictures of the ticketing point and when you got to the village behind BIPC quarters??

Guy you fall hand no be small.

At makurdi train station opposite Tito gate.
Its not a chatered train. I feel I will need their permission from passengers if am to take the picture with them in it. I took the pix at Utonkon when most passenger are down to see the level of derailment
On your last question, am not a photographer so, cannot capture all happenings including when we pass through your bedroom

The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / Truck Stuck Under Ikeja Bridge This Morning (pics)